Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching electric/gas providers (see first post for links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

I am with Flogas.

Submitting a reading to them will triggers the bill. I have a reminder to submit a reading every two months.

Submitted a reading on the 8th of Dec. On the 12th I received a bill with 150 credit applied, so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

for the flo gas gang asking about credit here is a snippet from their website

When will I receive the credit? 

You will see the credit line item of €137.61 (exc. VAT) on your bill from December onwards. It is anticipated that the first instalment will be paid in December / January, the second in January / February and the final instalment in March / April to align with the bi-monthly billing cycle common to residential customers. The credit will be applied to your bill and incorporated into your existing billing cycle. Please note that some customers will see their first two instalments on their first bill in 2024 dependent upon their billing cycle.

Who is eligible for the Government Electricity Credit? 

The scheme will apply to all domestic accounts (DG1 and DG2), including pay as you go customers, that have consumption of 150 kWh of electricity consumed in each period of three months in the four consecutive periods of three months occurring in the period beginning on 1 July 2022 and ending on 30 June 2023. Over 96% of our residential customers will be eligible based on their consumption

How will I know if I qualify for the Government Electricity Credit? 

You will automatically receive the credit on your first invoice after the respective effective dates of the scheme. In advance of the receipt of this invoice, you can review your previous invoices to ascertain if your consumption meets the threshold and if you are a residential customer (DG1 / DG2).  

What do I have to do receive the credit? 

All eligible domestic electricity customers will receive the credit automatically and do not need to apply for it. There will be three “effective dates” of the scheme taking place on 29 November 2023, 20 December 2023 and 28 February 2024. The supplier that you are registered with at each effective date will be responsible for crediting customer accounts with the €137.61 (exc. VAT) instalments. 

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I've been with them for some years, and their service is deteriorating.

Since last June, my gas DD has failed to go through. Every time I call Flogas, I'm told that I cancelled the DD, and can I send the bank details again please. I haven't cancelled any DDs, and can see them set up in my online banking.

Last time, they told me that my bank must have me on a list that stops DDs going out...... Next DD due next week, let's see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It didn't work for me when I tried back in July I had to ring them to get a bill issued as I had joined them in April. They get actual readings from the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

ok thanks,

Can I ask how did you get that rate from SSE, I'm currently on .4104 inc Vat with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

I signed up to FloGas with a 20% discount and on a variable contract, so then in February I will automatically get the discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭beachhead

Last time I looked(this week)Bord Gais were 10.5c for gas and 33.8c for electricity.Gas standing charge e143.15 and elec was e237.56 VAT included.1 year contract.Dual fuel offer on their website

So from what I can gather from the very helpful posters here, 150 will never show on my account as credit but will just show as an extra line on my bill. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,035 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

That's how I picked it up too, it's annoying because it always showed with EI. The €50 credit they gave showed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Hi all.

Coming to the end of contract with Energia day night meter( not smart activated).

Who has the best deal for rural electricity

Post edited by Liam2021 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

In July I got a 20% discount off standard rates for joining SSE, then a further 12% reduction in November, announced in September, and now a 12.8% reduction from next February giving a new rate of 29.62 c/kwh.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Hi folks. Contract up with EI next week, Bonkers says SSE is best option (can’t get exact lecky usage for past year as new Smart Meter was put in and it skewed up the figures… but I haven’t changed to a dreaded Smart Plan, just normal 24 hour job). Now Bonkers is giving me 20% discount with SSE on Elect & Gas, which is not bad, but it isn’t giving me the 300 quid ‘welcome credit’ offered directly on SSE site (which is only offering 10%). Is there any way to get both? i.e. the 20% discount through Bonkers, and the 300 quid offered directly? Trying to avoid spending an hour of my life on hold only to speak to someone who can’t do anything about it! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,334 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I don’t think bonkers are giving you anything exclusive, look at the website directly and see how that fairs out for you

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I'm almost out of contract with EI too and was actually just on the SSE website checking the new rates, the offer is either or on their website i.e. 20% discount or €300 credit + 10% discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Also you should be able to see the annual electricity usage on your bill. There are a few sentences under the breakdown of the cost, the last one will tell you the annual consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

When I signed up with SSE in December 2021 they were 23c/kWh so slowly getting to that figure again. I since got a day/night meter in and fixed with them at 32.95/20.45 so I'll miss the decrease but sure - you win some you lose some

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

I am just out of contract, looking for only electricity. It looks like Flowgas has the best deal so far. Unit Rate 31.82/kWh inc vat. 257 standing charge. I have heat pump, need cheapest electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭TheSunIsShining

On Flogas Community plan. The 150 was applied at start of December bill. Date of issue 7 December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

You should be looking at a day/night tariff if you have a heat pump.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, that's reassuring. My bill won't issue until early January but the meter reading will be taken around the 24th. Strange that they don't show it as credit on the account like everyone else does.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

I've just realised we've not yet been issued with a bill from Flogas, it's been 3 months since we signed up. Is this common?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭bren2001

Submit a reading and you’ll get a bill in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

We had a smart meter installed last month, we had a D/N meter previously and are on a D/N tariff. I checked the 'my account' on ESB Networks website and the smart meter reading starts at 0 from the time of installation. I wonder what will happen when I enter a lower number!

Yes, that's what happened to me, I rang them and a bill was issued, submitting a meter reading didn't work for me I've an unactivated smart meter.

I don't understand what point you're making obviously the new meter starts at 0 the person who changed it would have recorded the readings from the old meter to esbn. If the signal is good the meter will send readings to esbn automatically from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭you2008

Dose anyone break the one year contract with Flogas? Do they charge 50 and 50 for Dual Fuel Customers?

Just did a calculation with SSE 300 credit welcome plan, Electricity is just breakeven & Gas is cheaper with SSE ( Flogas charge very high Standing charges for the Community plan 60.32 cent per day before VAT that is madness), I am thinking still better off with the 100 Euro fee to break the contract as I will get 300 welcome credit plus further price cut in Feb 2024.

https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/products/electricity-and-gas-welcome-credit/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭bren2001

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Got 20% off and 50 credit from Energia so not bad with my 3600 usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Advertisement