Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Over two days I drove 730kms before doing a tap of work. Overnights are in short supply due to cost and shortage of rooms. Great country. Going backwards. Trying to sleep.p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting up reading boards, took my tablets at around 12 but no sign of sleeping yet .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Back from the shop with a 1.5 kg gammon joint . Working out should boil or roast it .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table....supping a coffee......Country is in a bad state, plasters keeping it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beautiful sunny day. Mild. Getting a load of stuff done. Including cleaning out the gutters. There was a waterfall from them the other night during the deluge.

• Advertisement

• Wow! Smyths toys are on it.

Ordered gifts yesterday afternoon and I woke up to them at the front door this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Training done, but have to wait until Monday for my flight back. Shopping time :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Not relishing the prospect of a deep plunge into town to get through Christmas shopping tomorrow.

Another Christmas present shopping soldier here. I got it all done in a morning trip to one town and an afternoon trip to another. I figured out what I was going to buy, where I was going to buy it in advance and got in and out as quickly as I could.

I'll wrap them later and then all I have is a grocery shop left to do. This Christmas lark is a lot of work. 🤯🤯

Going for a curry, pints, and then going to see The Blades, which is a great Irish band from the 80s. Happy Christmas to me. 😁😁😁

• Wondering if An Post will be delivering tomorrow or not 🧐

i think they usually go for the full 7 days running up to Christmas but god knows these days 🤣

for the first time I’ve done the majority of my Christmas gift shopping online & it’s weird it’s handy but also feels like I’ve got nothing. Also can’t pretend I don’t miss the atmosphere when out and about shopping for things.

If I can find the time I may go out for a bit just to get involved in the excitement 🤣

• Advertisement

I hope you changed out of your pyjamas first.😁

I've earned this. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting down with a cappuccino from a sachet 🤣 how posh of me! Christmas wrapping done , three vouchers to get and waiting on one canvas print to arrive. Fresh veg will be got next weekend. That's it . I think, knowing me I'll jinx myself 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mmmm damn nice looking pint 👍

Lying on bed bate, running around after a 3 and 5 year old really takes it out of you 😴.

Well home. In the leaba. I had a cosy comfy meal earlier , so job done. Ya can't beat a pork chop or two.

Honestly I had one of the best nights in a long long while with a great friend.

Was just effortless.

The best curry ever in Kerala kitchen on Baggot street.

2 excellent pints of Guinness in Smyth's pub. Not far from them.

Bus to O'Connell Street

Swan down to the Academy on Abbey street.

Straight in. A pint of Coors. In front of the stage. Then the absolute best renditions of the best Irish/any where singles ever.

Ghost of a chance

Downmarket

Revelations of Heartbreak.

With a kick ass brass section that just wants to make you shout with joy.

And a ton more excellent songs from Paul Cleary and The Blades.

Then Swan out of there into another pub for 2 more Coors.

Beautiful mild December night and Dublin looking excellent.

On the empty night bus home.

Honestly, the best Christmas night ever..

❤️❤️❤️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted for you! Absolute classic band, grub and company.

Yeah, I love it when your expectations are average and they are absolutely blown out of the water.

I never heard Revelations of Heartbreak until yesterday, and it's probably one of my favourite songs now. Was cramming for the concert on Spotify ... It's great for concert prep 🤣🤣🤣And I loved that song after hearing it. And them BOOM 1,000,000 better live.

I have not gone to any concerts for years and I have honestly seen the best concerts ever this year. It's been a fantastic year for me for live music. It really it so life affirming.

There's nothing like a great experience especially with a mate.. Hope you can keep the good feelings for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Jumping for joy

Post edited by ruth...less on

• Advertisement

Lol 😆😔

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I'm up and about again, courtesy of my arm. Can't wait for it to let me an uninterrupted night's sleep!

Very tired. Not looking forward to my feelings tomorrow...but will deal with that then ...breathes in...then sighs...

Not even four hours sleep. Hmm.

• Turns out a post don’t do Sundays around here even at Christmas!

oh well 🤣 prob better Santa stuff arrives when they’re in school 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I actually thought they did Sunday post in the lead up to Christmas too tbh !

• Maybe they’re delivering Xmas eve? Thats a Sunday 🤣

parcels are ready to go since yesterday says the tracking unless I just missed the boat or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We had post for on the last 2 Saturdays here, don't know about Sunday deliveries. Next Sunday is a possibility as it's the last chance saloon.

• Yeah have had the couriers and A Post out Saturday! Loving it tbh 🤣

Always said deliveries being Mon-fri only is a bit stupid.

• Advertisement

It is not going well here today.

Advertisement