Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,368 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Absolute cognitive dissonance on display here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Sean Bell on sky news talking about gunshots typically have a 15% fatality rate suggesting it would have had to have been a large firefight for all 3 to die.... No, Sean, gunshots are 100% fatal when it's an execution shot!

I am surprised that the IDF have admitted they shot them and even mentioned they were topless (possibly to show no hidden bombs) and waving a white flag.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,743 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If it had been three Palestinian men, who'd never done a thing wrong in their life, they'd be just labelled as Hamas and their executioners given medals. It's sick. What's even sicker is the people posting on an Irish site trying to facilitate and prolong such atrocities by repeating propaganda and lies.

I posted yesterday in relation to the story of the civilian with the AK47 who was killed by the IDF inside Israel. They shot him on sight and later found out he was "one of their own". Their attempted cover-up failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's a detailed account on social media of how they shot the three hostages dead. Apparently, even after they had been killed, the IDF were relaxed about what had happened, until it was noticed that one of the dead had ginger hair and pale features i.e. it was of no consequence whatsoever to them that they may have just shot three innocent Palestinian civilians dead.

How many innocent people have these ****s killed in Gaza by gunfire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,559 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

This is the closest that article comes to saying one side pulled back from talks, and it was Israel.

No significant progress has been made on stopping the war – even temporarily – since last month, when Israel pulled back its Mossad negotiators from Doha after an agreement with Hamas could not be reached through Qatari mediation.

Your original post was a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

You were using it about me.

As your link shows, there are different meanings, so my question was: in what sense were you using it about me?

Do you mean that a Zionist is anyone who think that Israel has a right to exist at all? Or someone who wants a single state for the whole of some hypothetical "Greater Israel"? Because those are not the same things, and the latter certainly doesn't apply to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,782 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

As you even quote. That was last month, the previous ceasefire collapsed after Hamas attacks. It made the news.

Things can change in short periods of time, even in an instant.

What is happening now can and is often different to what happened in the past.

Progress has not been made, doesn't exclude what I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

The quicker normality can be restored? Are you serious? Gaza, whatever is left of it, will never be normal again.

Mark Regev (as heard recently on Drive Time) as reported by the BBC:

"Mark Regev, senior adviser to the Israeli prime minister, has given some details on how the difficulties of combat in Gaza could have led to the IDF mistakenly killing the three hostages held by Hamas. Asked what the IDF's rules of engagement are - which officials say its forces went against in killing the hostages - Regev says some have to be kept confidential because "Hamas is listening to our conversations".

"But it's clear we don't want to kill the innocent or our hostages.

"One problem we face is that Hamas don't wear uniforms, they wear civilian clothes, they are terrorists. There have been incidents in the past where they supposedly surrender and then attack our forces. "Suddenly you think an area is clean and someone comes out of a door or underground tunnel and fires at our forces." He says "there has to be action taken" if IDF soldiers broke its rules of engagement."

A lot of holes in that statement I think...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,980 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think the reason Regev will not disclose the IDF's rules of engagement because it appears there are none. And Hamas know that - so why the cloak and dagger stuff? Couldn't be because he's lying could it?

"A mother and daughter were killed inside the Holy Family Church complex (Gaza City). Earlier in the week, two men were killed while they were coming and going from the building - a bin collector and a janitor."

The full scale of what the IDF has done and is doing is starting to trickle out. No surprise that journalists are banned from Gaza - wouldn't want the truth coming out. I fear that more harrowing details will likely come out over the weeks and months ahead and Israel will have a lot more to answer for to its own people and the world.

Full report:

Layla Moran's family among hundreds trapped in Gaza church - BBC News

I sincerely doubt it will this time - perhaps in 30 years' time.

There are many ignorant posters on here whom I suspect hate Palestinians because they think they are exclusively muslim. But there are Christians living in both Gaza and the West Bank. They are in danger, not from Hamas, but from Israelis.

How are Christians treated in Israel proper? There is a time honoured tradition of Jews spitting at them

And this video, admittedly from some US Christian channel, where the sent a reporter to investigate, and within about 5 minutes of dressing up and walking around with a priest, had been spat on multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,559 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The state of Israel, and the IDF, has done more to foster anti-Jewish sentiment in the last two months than Hamas has done in 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I suspect it won't take long for certain posters to present mental gymnastics to basically say they got what they deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭brickster69

Looks like they are after churches now. A global pariah without a doubt.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Sharone Lifschitz is the British-Israeli daughter of Yocheved, 85 - one of the first hostages released from Hamas captivity in Gaza in late October. Her father, Oded, 83 is still missing and believed to be held hostage in the Strip.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's PM programme: "Israel has a moral duty towards the citizens it abandoned on 7 October. As the time passes that moral duty is becoming more and more urgent."

The hostage families appear to have had enough. I see a ground swell of opinion building that could, hopefully, force a ceasefire.

It seems to me that the Israeli War Cabinet, whilst placating the hostage families and the general population to their faces, have always had a very different game plan. I don't see any attempts whatsoever to free the hostages. Looks to me like it a total free for all for the IDF.

Who was it who said "The most moral army in the world"?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sorry, have Hamas stopped their aggression? No rockets into Israel?

Both sides have to agree to a ceasefire. Hamas did for awhile then started shooting again.

And that is an absolute disgrace. The Israeli War Cabinet have pushed this way too far to the detriment of everyone who lives in Israel and to Israelis and Jews further afield.

Its hard to know how this will pan out - I see Netanyahu already got his political campaign underway in the midst of the bombing. They should hang their heads in shame (but they won't of course). They couldn't have scored a worse own goal.

And ordinary people continue suffer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

"The genocide which is being committed is totally unprecedented in modern times"

This just isn't true at all. You might want to do some research about some actual genocides that have taken place in modern times

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Remember kids, the IDF definitely doesn't kill civilians on purpose

Can't wait to see the usual lads try and defend this.

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1736091046671495339?t=o9EExoxXa3nU3JV8v2xm7w&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The regime defenders on social media are going through all sorts of mental gymnastics to explain the IDF killing their own people i.e. "Hamas is well known for pretending to surrender and waving white flags and then detonating suicide bombs" - meaning these armchair psychopaths are giving the IDF full permission to kill literally anybody it chooses in Gaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I saw it on twitter it must be true. From someone that cheered on a terrorist attack in Leicester? In a hospital that was captured 4 days ago after heavy fighting: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/12/israeli-forces-raid-gazas-kamal-adwan-hospital-after-days-of-strikes

(you know, one of those hospitals where Hamas isn't present)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

There were under 1000 christians left in Gaza before October 7th, and none in prominent positions, because if you aren't Muslim, you can't really take part in public life. It's got so bad that christians themselves complained that even the foreign christian charities operating there often preferred to employ local muslims rather than local christians because the christians were always at a disadvantage with regard to contact with the local (Hamas) administration.

In 2013 there were still 3000 Christians in Gaza, about 0.15% of the Arab population, and they were barely hanging on due to constant attacks from Muslim extremists.

By Oct 2023 there were under 1000. Christian women are harassed in the street if they don't wear the veil. None of that is Israel's doing. In fact in Israel about 7% of Arab Israelis are Christian, and they tend to be in positions like doctors, lawyers and even judges. It was an Arab Christian High Court judge who sentenced an ex president of Israel to prison for rape. he has since gone on to join the Supreme Court. There is no comparison with the lives of Christians in Gaza who are oppressed and harassed by the Muslim extremists running the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

They have indeed undone a lot of hard work since WW2, just thrown it away. All so a belligerent government could try & avoid losing power. But the Israeli population have by & large supported this depravity and must take full responsibility. An exercise in how to make yourself hated.

We can keep at this all day.

Happy for you to share your evidence of all these atrocities against Christians in Gaza. Regardless, it does absolutely nothing to reduce the discrimination and hated shown to them in Israel. I've posted you two videos above. No doubt you will dismiss them. Even the clips of the Israeli President with the bishop and the President calling for an end to such attacks.

As the radio presenter I posted a video of the other days says "Maybe your evidence 'goes to another school' "

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭batman75

I see the IDF killed some Jewish hostages in Gaza. That apparently has sparked protests in Israel. Yet the Israeli's were not sufficiently perturbed by the mass slaughter of Palestinians to protest. Very disheartening. Worryingly for Israel Hezbollah has upped the ante destroying a military installation in Northern Israel.

Netanyahu's policy of ethnic cleansing and genocide has brought forward the real possibility of Israel's statehood ceasing to exist in 20 years time if not sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I can't think of any other race/ethnicity where it's acceptable to blame them for being attacked but when it comes to Jews, it's all their own fault. It's a tale as old as time at this point, and just proves why Israel needs to exist in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement