Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series X console €430

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Any chance the ps5 will come down now as well? Not sure which one to go for

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Highly unlikely, price was reduced a short while ago to clear out the fat console to make way for slim model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭recyclops

if you havent a collection of games built on either digital store and you dont mind missing 1 or two games and its more for casual use I would be recommending a xbox and a gamepass subscriptions. Best deal in gaming at the moment and majority of games that people play are multiplatform nowadays.

Having both a ps5 and xbox there is very little between them and the xbox gets played more in this house mainly due to gamepass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Same, we're lucky enough to have both consoles, and bar Spiderman my son barely touches the PS5. Gamepass is awesome, especially if you sort out one of the cheapo subscriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭digiman

Looking at the games on xbox.com, the games don't seem to be recent. I don't see Fifa 24 or any fifa games for that matter. Do you just have to buy these outright to play them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭recyclops

I think that may be due to the fact EA no longer have the licence or some licencing issue with Fifa, the new game is called FC24 I think though for gamepass some games only go day one ( mainly Microsoft published games) the like of FC24 etc you get at a discount due to EA play being part of gamepass.

if you know anyone of your friends and family that have a xbox you can also gameshare so you only need to buy one digital copy of a game and then both of you get it so most brand new games will cost you 35 euro ( can be got cheaper on key shops or different microsoft official stores in other countries)

MS tend to be a bit more lenient with digital stores and sharing of games, gameshare info can be found on their website.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

FIFA 23 is in Game Pass Ultimate, the latest one is FC24 (as recylops mentioned, the name has changed as EA lost the rights to FIFA branding), the latest version is usually added about 6 months after release I believe. You'll find a searchable list here: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass/games

All first party titles are added on the day they release, aside from this MS strike deals to get a number (maybe 30 odd a year) of 3rd party new games added same day as release, other than that you get a constantly rotating library of games, both recent and older. EAs games (like FIFA) are usually permanently added within a year after release. With the Activision Blizzard acquisition complete, you can expect their games to all be added next year including new Call of Duty games on their release (if that's your thing). GP is a great deal if you're a somewhat casual gamer. I have a Series S and GPU and it suits me down to the ground. If you don't have the time or money to be investing into a €70 game each month, it's a great service that will always give you something to play.

Advertisement