Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Marmite started my day with a Trivial Annoyance. Scrapped out the old jar and managed to drip it down the side of the jar and the work top. Cleaned it up and opened a new jar. What I didn't think about was the fresh jar had been stored on its side. I open the new jar and marmite is stuck to the lid so I cover the jar, the sugar bowl and the work top with a sticky black trail of marmite :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It turns out I can get the day off work, it just requires me to be spewing out of both ends double-upped on the toilet since 12.30 last night. Never had a vomiting bug like it.

On the plus side, I more than likely won't be able to go to a 'couple's night out' tomorrow that I have been dreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're the same crowd who stop dead at the bottom of escalators while they have a good think about where they want to go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

And if there's roadworks going on and paths are somewhat restricted as they were for quite a while a couple of years ago, around Nassau Street/ Dawson Street, for example.

Yes, please do stop and have a long chat on that stretch of path, where it's already difficult for people to pass by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had to pop over to the tile shop to pick up more tiles for the bathroom which is in the process of being redone. Who strolls into the shop while we're there? My business manager. With me clearly not on a half day from work. Shiiiiiiiiiiite.

• Advertisement

Butchers putting ridiculous garnishes on burgers in an effort to look "fancy". It's just going to burn or fall off during cooking. Waste of ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,287 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My TA is similar and especially when they refer to the product as ‘Artisan’ and attempt to charge close to double…

’Artisan’ ….burger, hot dog, sausage, bacon, eggs….

actually anyone using the word ‘artisan’ to try and con people out of more of their cash…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

Not so much TA rather than fuming and disappointed here!

Company just went back on some pre-approved travel arrangements for some big show-off event in NYC early next year. Had sought and gotten approval for arriving the day before and leaving the day after the event, to give me enough breathing space, and had also requested the use of the company credit car to book my flights on the days that had been approved. Got that approval as well and then, TEN F***ING MINUTES after booking, I get an email asking me to rebook onto another flight on the days of the event. I'm not going to be getting up at 3 AM for a 12-15 hour journey with extremely tight connections at Heathrow, only to then be driven to a massive party where I'm expected to be social, only to then have to rush back to JFK right after my last event the next day, knowing full well how traffic between Manhattan and the airport is going to be like!

Sucks because I was just beginning to look forward to that trip but if they're going to play games with me like that, I'm not going to play along!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Another one on Wednesday with 2 hours homework to do over the weekend.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,380 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Reminds me of this

My TA is that I got the flu vaccine earlier today and now I'm not feeling well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I wanted to go to the shop and got there at 10-01 . It’s the first time I’ve ever seen them close on the dot at 10

I didn't get lunch today so had an early dinner. Fell asleep there for a while - it's been a very long week - and woke up absolutely starving again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Entitled simpletons who don’t bring the trolley back to the trolley bay.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Supersized toilet rolls and kitchen paper rolls, marketed as longer lasting often to disguise huge price increases and where the hell are we supposed to store them. Our bathroom cabinet used to take a pack of 9 rolls, now they are too fat and you can’t shut the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

When you are out walking and the man or woman in front of you is walking at a brisk enough pace that you cant outwalk them but slow enough so theres always only a few metres between ye..and they keep looking back every now and then, clearly uncomfortable that you are behind them and they have you pegged as a robber or rapist particularly if its dark.

Fcuk right off...you share the world with 7 billion or more human beings so theres a more than plausible chance that when you venture out on the footpaths, you are going to encounter all manner of people with varying walking paces all around you. You dont have the monopoly on public foothpaths. Dont like it? Stay indoors or move somewhere where human interaction is rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Fine by me, I'll be up a euro for taking it back myself.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

On supersized toilet rolls, them ones in public bathrooms which don't 'roll' so you end up using little bits at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Sometimes an awful lot of trivial **** in accumulation is just too **** much.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Dreading Monday. People making easy **** complicated. I'm easy. I'm cool. I'm calm. But Im exciting, fun, spontaneous too. .I don't want ****. I'm a happy person. Lol stop people messing and ruining it for me. God wtf did I ever do on you? I think God blessed me with this beautiful face lol 😆😆😆 and beautiful body ..most of the time if diet...and good parents who really tried they're best and now I have to be punished for it ....can't always be good. ..😁😂😁

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Less than four hours sleep. Coffee be a lady and get me through this..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

Wide awake since 4am...I should look on the bright side it was 3.10 yesterday..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Women with the most boring stereotypical 'pastimes' on dating apps.

Coffee, wine, gym, shopping.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

🤣 back in my dating days shopping as a hobby was an instant No from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Sorting through socks and having about 10 odd socks for socks you do like, and matches for socks you don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Something happened to my phone and its settings changed, I messaged the manufacturer and was on chat with tech support.

1st guy kept asking if I had finished the written instructions. (some of which were repeated) and I pointed out that as I'm not used to settings it takes a while.

They went mia(tg as he was annoying af) but the next one wanted me to do something physical with the phone, impossible given I'm having my worst-ever tendonitis attack.

I mentioned that I would have to ask our tech guy as my joints not up to it, he said that it would void the guarantee! now I have a phone gobbling power, sore wrists and neck and letting someone who knows how to sort out the issue via the settings is voiding the warranty.

WTF

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This is why I only ever buy plain black or white socks. Never have to worry about matching them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Middle lane drivers doing less than 80 and oblivious of everyone around them. M 7 to Naas is particularly blessed by them.

Smokers who think I have nothing better to do than spend Sunday morning sweeping up their discarded cigarette butts around shop and office entrances.

Being in bad humour for no appreciable reason.

• Advertisement

Seems I'm not the only one. The snark is high on Boards today, even in perfectly ordinary threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement