Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

Someone was asking where it goes from here with towns suddenly getting their gender imbalance upset. I'll give my honest opinion.

The Somalians, Pakistanis and the Algerians won't have success dating native Irish girls. However there are nurses being imported from Africa at a terrific rate. Most of them are female. I think they could get together and form the next generation of "new Irish". That's supposing the men find jobs and become somewhat eligible.

Those that don't find jobs and are uneducated I suppose they will not attract female immigrants (they would be educated and probably hold out for someone of similar education). I think they will find wives by marrying in their home countries and then applying for "family reunification). This is much more problematic from a state finances point of view since they would have to be financially supported at every step of the process.

Then there will be those that simply remain single and unemployed/working menial jobs. They could well just hang around street corners (possibly abusing substances)making a nuisance of themselves.

Yet another possibility is they make a bit of money and return home (this one is perhaps a bit fanciful since I believe once they're in there's no getting them out).

That's my take. If anyone else has an alternative opinion I'd welcome hearing it.

Post edited by creeper1 on

You've thought more about this that the politicians have. I think the politicians just want to dump them somewhere and let the community deal with the consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mykrodot

Yep its very depressing. The culture and uniqueness of Ireland will change dramatically in our children's lives, if not already. We have such a small population that we will see this change far quicker than almost any other nation that has allowed such immigration. THAT is the key difference between us and the UK, Germany, France. We will be outnumbered very quickly especially when nobody in Government is fighting for us.

We are simply tiny and we are under resourced at almost every level........housing, healthcare, schools, public transport,. Also at a time of climate crisis with our efforts to get our emissions down already failing abysmally how on earth are we meant to meet these targets if we keep increasing our population?? Has anyone in Government got a brain, why don't they talk to each other? Surely at this stage its common sense ......the dogs on the street can see it?

This is why anger is now spilling over in every small town in the country. If Leo Varadker was of Irish heritage not Indian he wouldn't be so quick to sell us out, he would understand our culture and heritage, our tiny population, the fact this makes us a huge pull for tourism especially with Americans. I live in Kerry, you can see the impact everywhere. The Americans won't be coming here for much longer at the rate of change in all the towns and villages. There is nowhere to stay apart from luxury 5 star places, nothing for the ordinary tourist. This will decimate businesses (unless you provide accommodation for migrants) !

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Honesty Policy

In the words of our dear loyal leader Leo Varadker... 'I do not want anyone of colour to be held back in this country'. I couldn't believe my ears when I was listening to him on that walking show with another dose and do gooder Mary McAleese. Equality here as long as you are of colour. Sorry that I'm vanilla white, sincere apologies!

Leo V is the worse thing that ever happened to this country. He doesn't even come from a poor background, just an ethnic one. Silver spoon and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Well good for you, keep it simple I suppose is the way to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Gussie Scrotch

This is exactly what we are facing.

The next generation will grow up in a very different Ireland. And, yes, some things may be better.

But many other aspects of life will be very much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

I'm hearing that the building in Roscahill where the protest was being held went on fire last night

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Reported on IT now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Is this RTÉ spreading disinformation? News report on their website yesterday claiming a Spanish National had been jailed…

When I googled the name I found the Irish courts extradition hearing. The above had 2 other names and if you read down the court report, he is charged under the name he had in Spain, has another “aka” and is claiming to be neither but says he is the person named above (Rafik). The link shows how he was identified for the purpose of extradition and an important part is ….

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/6255d3abb50db9681fe9ab62/amp

• Advertisement

Understandable. With what happened in santry with the government bussing in the migrants in during the dead of night, this at least will stop people having to man barricades 24/7.

It is very unfortunate but blame lies with the government and their refusal to exercise the right to opt out of this absolute insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭enricoh

A ' Donegal ' man jailed last week for rape according to one of our main cheerleader newspapers.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/donegal-man-who-raped-woman-he-met-online-is-jailed-for-five-years/a332070297.html

The Sunday world had a different take.

Filipino man jailed last week for Donegal rape previously involved in vicious gang attack

A ' Donegal ' man jailed last week for rape according to one of our main cheerleader newspapers.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/donegal-man-who-raped-woman-he-met-online-is-jailed-for-five-years/a332070297.html

The Sunday world had a different take.

Filipino man jailed last week for Donegal rape previously involved in vicious gang attack

100%. Blame for this ,if found to be intentional lyes totally at the feet of our government. Time they started to listen to the people.

Local politicians and these so called property developers/human traffickers also have alot to answer for.

Doesn't surprise me. They even had Josef Puska down as an Offaly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

At least those protesters won't have to freeze guarding an empty house Christmas day. Strange coincidence it burns down.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I guess it won't be needing a fire cert after all.

It's a blessing, it's saved the lives of many poor international applicants by preventing them occuring such an obviously combustible building.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Burning that lovely building in Galway is mindless thuggery. It was a silly move and only makes them look like that mob in Dublin. By all means, have a blockade and engage with this shoddy government, but burning fine buildings like that is infantile at best, psychotic at worst. A slippery slope. And I live in Galway.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Have you evidence it was not an electrical fault? If so surely your first port of call is the local constabulary and not an internet forum spreading disinformation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭jackboy

Yes, whatever about peaceful protest, there is never an excuse for damaging or burning buildings. However, it is not on to blame the protesters for burning the building without evidence. It could have been one or two of the protesters going on a solo run, it could have been someone trying to make the protesters look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Engage with the government....🤣 That's fantastic news, should be first option instead of protest here now. Government have long lost the people in this country. Moving busloads of migrants into large accomodation in rural areas where they sit idle for the day is bonkers policy. It breeds resentment for locals and migrants who end up with nothing to occupy their time except draining our resources.

The government immigration policy is bonkers and the resentment is justified but burning a fine hotel like that is disgusting behaviour. Shame on them. Mindless thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Gamergurll

"Engage with the government".. Cheers I needed a laugh this morning 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just trying to spin the news. Donegal man my ar£e.

Another immigrant up in Derry Court recently for sexual assault on a vulnerable woman on Derrys walls

https://www.derryjournal.com/news/crime/man-jailed-for-sexually-assaulting-distressed-woman-on-derry-walls-4447617

The government would need to sit up and take notice of the populations feelings in all this. It's starting to bubble up, the anger is growing, and it will blow at some point.

D4 only took in 6 refugees this year, maybe stick the 91 single men pencilled in for Ballyshannon somewhere in D4 instead?

If locals make enough fuss the government will send a community engagement team to the town.

They'll tell the locals what's they want to hear n hopefully that's enough to get the centre opened.

If the locals are really lucky they'll write to Roderick to outline the concerns. Rodericks secretary will file it in the bin with the others.

I'd say you are easily amused. You should burn things.

There were government councillors actually helping with the blockade. That would have created an engagement for a start.

Was the blockade not working? Why couldn't they keep it going? Cut the electricity or water maybe but burn the building - stupid idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,006 ✭✭✭✭zell12

UK Daily Mail main story

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement