Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Great to hear you’re on the mend, Fent. A good healthy floury shïte can be a great lift to the spirits. There’s lot of reasons to love Italy, but i always find after spending a few days there that I’m slucing out perfect specimens. Must be the diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Speaking of specimens - just unloaded a fine yuletide log earlier after the breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Serious question - do any of you fellow pillars of society find when you're on the throne that doing a bit of "clutch work" or "turtling" helps the trap open and results in reducing the paper work by about 70%? You know just hold it on the clutch a few times until it bites so to speak, almost like if you're doing a hill start in an old Cortina...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Can do in certain circumstances but for me at least it's the properties of the midden or the mix that effect the paperwork more. A lot of variables at play so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Just don't try it with a potential sludgy load, not a good outcome usually.

Got badly caught myself back in the day just before an important interview for a big value job.

Was a bit nervous and a visit to the thunder box before the event drew a blank shiite ticket.

Unfortunately things went down hill after that and resulted in a small but vicious burst of scutther at the "where do you see yourself in five years " question.

A thin but distinct aroma of stale cabbage and Bombay mix was evident and I thanked the Lord I had worn a dark trousers.

Jocks were like a savoury omelette and had to be buried after the debacle.

Didn't get the job..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,811 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Not really as 1/2 - 2/3 are mushy stools and nothing helps there. The odd time a torpedo is launched with barely a smudge on the paper afterwards but sadly that's not the norm.

When 'soft-serve' faecal matter gets trapped between the inner and outer sphincter no amount of wiping is going to help. You'll be like one of those kids' printing kits except limited to brown ink and a star shape.

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Lately I quite often suffer from "Cold War Arse".

In other words I only get a four minute warning until the inevitable horrifying detonation, usually a fine meaty specimen and often within ten minutes of getting out of bed (like I don't have other things I need to be doing at that time in the morning, fcuk you rectum!!)

When I was about 12 I had a series of WWII fiction books which some aunt gave me (presumably without reading, pretty graphic and included torture of German prisoners) but one lad had the expression, in relation to a certain officer, "I've shat better before breakfast." No doubt a comment on the constipation-inducing rations of the day but some or perhaps most of my best work has been done before breakfast.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Feel your pain BB.

Some years ago I was going for a promotion interview, a two-part process where there was some sort of 'job simulation' nonsense followed by a lunch break and the interview proper.

I was wearing a tin of fruit which meant I was uncomfotable to begin with, but thought I did kinda OK on the first part.

45 mins break but straight away my colon turned to water and I spent the vast majority of this time trying to shít out my first communion wafer (which is an American expression apparently). I barely had time to wipe up, dress up, wash up and it was time for the interview proper. No lunch... I was a bit shook as they say.

Needless to say I did not excel and I have not yet applied again, not sure if mind or body can take it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Did you ever try a potato peeler on it as gravity is doing it’s bit to examine its contents?

O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm in Germany at the moment and have been eating my way around the Christmas markets. Currywurst, glühwein, beer have all made their mark on me, I've shat out wonderwaffens Albert Speer would be proud of. And the constant flatulence, I feel I am channelling Hitler's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Christ almighty lads....

Was on the porter last night, and am currently in a State Of Emergency.

Woke up at 6am to go strain the spuds, went to let out a little gas as you do, and a load of light brown liquid shot out of the chamber.

Had to go change the boxers.

Been on the loo 4 times since, as I can't trust a fart currently.

This is not good....

Must have got a dodgy pint, Lewis. I’d make sure there’s a bag of peas in the freezer for later as well. Send any wife and kids over to the in-laws and tell her it’s because you don’t want to do a Jack Torrance on them if the arse situation doesn’t get any better.

Thoughts and prayers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Situation has improved slightly.

A greasy fry up has been deployed and is doing its thing at the moment.

Cracked open a few cans of Beamish there while matching the match. Had a feed of lamb chops and sprouts for the lunch earlier. Some very malodorous smells starting to emerge from my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Had a "very good lunch" before hitting the pub for the Leinster match. A couple of pints of stout in and I "accidentally" let go a squeaker that, while small, had people coughing, retching and, in the case of the guy sat next to me, running out the back door.

Never felt so proud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

In family lore, I used to hear about The Smell that Shook the World.

A female in-law who I won't identify was with my wife in Kate Kearney's Cottage in Kerry some decades ago. The two of them walked into the empty kitchen whereupon the in-law promptly detonated a petard. The wife scrambled for a gas mask which needless to say she didn't have but even so supplied this attack would have left a cloud of mustard gas looking mild in comparison.

Right then a crowd of American tourists strode in straight from their garishly decorated bus. A chorus of groans and howls ensued, "That is disgusting!" "Oh my Gawd!" etc. Quickly one of Ireland's famous attractions was abandoned and silence settled again.

Can't help feeling that instead of this being mildly embarrassing I would have considered it a Result. Not often you get a busy tourist spot to yourself these days. Have any of yis seen the Cliffs of Moher lately? Pity it's outdoors so the same trick couldn't be repeated there.

The Bin Dippers got their come uppance Bobby, fcukers were crying after the game.

No wonder you blew out a blast of ‘Brown Air’ after the gayam. Scorch marks on the Penny’s 15 for €10 jocks pal?

I dropped a celebration baton of solid midden,marbled with corn husks and chorizo skins in the main thunderbox at the full time whistle.

Drew the back page of a Redtop with a photo of Klopp across the muzzle as a final gesture of satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭You the man

Down th Canary Islands ATM on 'important company business'.

Lost badly on a game of russian roulette with the sh1tters.

Upon entering, all 4 stalls were vacant, with 1 punter cleansing his paws at the sink. Of course I backed the wrong option and when I lifted the pot lid, the sight of the remnants of that animals dinner knocked me for 6. After inhaling noxious fumes of clearly undigested pork and some class of cabbage, I started empty reaching. I could hear the pig sniggering on the other side of the stall door.. In bad form returning to the meeting..

Cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Had my first Brussels sprout serving of the season last night. The emissions are powerful this morning, small in volume but strong in “impact”, much like the noble sprout, itself.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

I eat them weekly year round Emmet, they are a fine vegetable. Gets annoying this time of year when the "bouncy castle sprout buyers" turn up and empty the veg section out. Most of these eejits and their guests won't even eat them. Then they give them to the dog, and you can imagine the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ve had them “off season” the odd time, HD. But I expect to be having a few servings over the next couple of weeks.

Was just unfortunate I had no time to “acclimatise” and was stuck in a crowded room for most of the morning.

When the stink was referenced I suggested that someone must have had a feed of bottled Guinness, it had that dull, old man fart, bouquet attached to it.

No harm in stocking up now if your worried about the traditionals (the same type as will be dumping the pudding, mince pies and Christmas cake in the bin) laying waste to them, there was a load in Tesco over the weekend.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Give to the dog !

Worst thing a lad can do.

Pal of mine had just got a new apartment and decided host the Xmas dinner with his partner and dog- a large fcukker on floor 5.

The plan was to have the meal and sit back on the limited seating and watch a film and maybe doze off.

Anyway the meal was served and all went well until the hound got a bit agitated and needed, it seemed to go out.

Nobody took any notice (five floors up) until Towzer gave a yelp and sprayed a thin stream of yellow runnell over the only sofa followed by gouts of greenish gruel all over the gaff.

It appears the three kids at the table had fed the fcuker with all their sprouts and corn cobs the entree included.

Apparently someone said “Don’t light a match” and the event ended prematurely.

Cautionary tale….

Didn’t that fella Nevin Parsnipp admit to something similar? Was absolutely full to the brim with dangerously strong lager by the time the dinner was served up, went to pull a cracker with his mother-in-law, and the effort caused him to empty his bowels into his loose fitting corduroy trousers (key lime pie green). Whole day ruined he said.

I think a goldfish would have been more their speed B. It's bad enough keeping kids as pets at that altitude, but at least they're eventually trainable to use the facilities.

Just heading out from town on the Dart. Lot of the "professional class" seem to be finishing up today if the crowds in the pubs around D2 were anything to go by. Was waiting in Pearse and saw this lad in a Kildare Village suit stumbling back and forth and doing that thing where he was gurning as he looked at his phone. Gimp was in his 40's as well, so should know better.

Headed down to the opposite end of the carriage. Suddenly heard a little bit of commotion from that end, and an elderly lady headed up and sat down across from me. She told us that Mr. Associate Director was just after pissing himself, and that she also thought he had shít himself. Posh sort of lady - thinking old money Protestant sort. Was utterly disgusted.

He had passed out by the time I got to my stop. Hope he's ok. Won't be tucking the kids into bed tonight for sure. Spare bedroom sort for him I'd imagine. And a frosty Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Christ this thread just won't die will it?

Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them. Couple of unpleasant days this week where a stomach bug laid waste to my insides. Running to the shi*ter every half hour only to blow out a stream of watery vileness with barely anything of substance. The only satisfaction was in checking out the dispersal patterns around the bowl afterwards á la Grissom from CSI.

Has anyone used activated charcoal tablets to minimise flatulence? Do they work? Moving into a dangerous two weeks of canning, overeating and trips in the car to see family.

Wouldn’t recommend Bobby, Lad I knew was big on them but burst a nest of Chalfonts due to overuse.

Took the pair of cavalry twill strides down to the cleaners but the lass there wouldn’t touch them.

Fcuker uses them now as ‘gardening gear’ big fcuking stain like the Turin Shroud all over the muzzle area.

No shame on the kernt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Wouldn't necessarily be a proponent of the charcoal either. More of an imodium instants sort of guy but they take a while to kick in. You'll splutter for a while like starting an old lawnmower left over the winter with stale petrol, but once they set in they aren't bad. A bit like adding a spoon of cornstarch to a jus or bisque just to thicken it a bit without removing the flavour so to speak. Also have the small tub of Sudo at the ready, nothing worse than your arse wheezing and having a "dry cough" and it feeling like you're using grinding paste to polish the valve seat on an old NSU Quickly. Fail to prepare and prepare to fail and all that. So on that topic, what's in everyones survival kit? Wet wipes, sudo, imodium. Anything else to add?

Advertisement