Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Application - PayPal

Options
  • 17-12-2023 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Did you have to provide the bank with any information relating to your PayPal account as part of your mortgage application?

Did they ask about any other eWallets you have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Not PayPal but mortgage broker asked for Revolut statement.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If you had cash regularly going out of your current/savings account into a PayPal account, they might ask about it to see what the money is then being spent on. I only use PayPal attached to my Credit Card, so the bank never asked (as it still shows the merchant soft descriptor after "PayPal*" on the statement, so they can tell where the money is being spent). I gave my Revolut statements up front, as I knew they'd want to see them (as it's topped up with cash from my current account).

They basically want to see what you're spending your money on. If they can see that you're spending money on (or transferring money to) something, but they can't see exactly what it is, the'll ask. Same as the source of money coming into your account. If it's not your wages, they'll want to know what it is.

Post edited by Gregor Samsa on

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭DUBLINIRL

Did they request the Revolut statements going back the usual 6 months or was it longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Advertisement