Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESBN New Regulations on NC6 Form on 6kW 25amp Inverters May 31/2023

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

Hi,

Has anybody else had these issues with ESB losing or misplacing an NC6 form? They are also claiming that they never got our original NC6 form from the installer. Even though the installer has been able to forward the email they sent to them so its quite clear that they did receive it.

They are giving us a serious run around about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭con747

Plenty on here had ESBN "lose" the NC6 and had the proof of them receiving it and got a similar response as you are getting from them. Keep at them until they sort it out.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭DC999

Resend the ESB the email from the installer showing they received it. It's an admin issue their side then. Ask then to backdate the date too if you're on a smart meter or D/N meter so you get FIT.

Thanks. It's sorted now after much chagrin. Had one on the phone who got very shirty about being told they "lost" the NC6, which is quite obvious what they had done given we had the full email trail of what was sent by the installer.

Thanks for the response.

Sorted thanks! ANd backdated... At least that's what they are saying now but given the ducking and diving to date, I'll only be sure of that when I see a credit on my bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭con747

Keep all correspondence with them in case anything gets "lost" again or they try backing out of the backdating of the FIT.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 maxymo

Does anyone know how is the story with this NC6 if instead of having an inverter you install micro-inverters? I understand as reading the conditions in ESB conditions that the total amount of micro-inverters will sum and then shouldn't exceed the limit. But this will not stop you to add more panels+micro-inverters in the future and some how export exceeding the limit the by charging battering during the peak sunny days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭10-10-20

That's a question which I have been chewing over for a while now. From reading the specification document, the way I understand it, you'd only submit the NC6 for what micro-inverters you have installed. If you add additional microinverters later on then there does not appear to be a requirement to inform ESB-N of the additional capacity. But the 25A limit still applies, meaning that if you install a hybrid battery inverter then you need to add that up so that you don't exceed the limit.

Don't forget that with smart meters it would be possible for ESBn to look for instances where the export exceeds 25A...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

That's cheeky.. I thought it's going to be like you either get it or not for the MEC increase. Or is there a third possibility that you pay for the 1k application and they say you can get it provided that you pay for the infrastructure upgrade??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Or the most likely outcome is that you are export limited to 6kw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

My friend is near the end of his renovation and the sparky is still on site. Does it make sense to give him a spare 2kw grid tied inverter with no panels to get it connected to the consumer board and NC6 filled out?

Any issue with no panels and any issue with a DIY 5kw upgrade later? Or will his export be limited to 2kw?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Well, the nc6 is meant to go in before any inverter goes in, and needs certs for the inverter.

Might be easier to just get the certs for the 5kw down the line. Finding the right ones for the old 2kw might be difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Good luck getting the spark to do that. The Nc6 has a section that asks about the generator and battery behind each inverter. It would be very odd that an inverter would be connected without either.

As a former contractor there's no way I would put my name on it, knowing that it would be modified down the line.

Export is only limited by the inverter but if on a smart meter they can see how much gets exported in half hour segments.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

Thanks, I actually have the certs for spare inverter...the friend is just broke from the renovation.

Advertisement