Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Direct Online

Options
  • 07-09-2021 5:10pm

I'm waiting 50 days for Fastway to deliver tennis rackets I ordered online from Sports Direct as they are waiting for the items to clear customs.

I recommend avoiding Sports Direct unless they change couriers.

As Sports Direct are no longer in the EU (for online sales) my rights are almost non existent and sports direct are happy to make me wait for however long it takes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭maik3n

Did you order from ROI or UK site?

I ordered something recently which was over €100, came within a week by Fastaway and didn't get hit with customs charges. 

I asked our friends on webchat about it before ordering and they said there should be no customs charges since they are still operating within the EU.

Perhaps they have set up a separate EU office to work around the BREXIT issue?

They might have figured out the issues in the 60 days since I placed my order. Really don't know what else to do. My items are apparently being checked for customs clearance daily and are in a Fastway warehouse somewhere.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Assuming you paid by card, just do a chargeback. It's not your fault they failed to deliver in a reasonable time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Are they grouped with something thats not from sports direct holding up the process. Ring customs and ask for details. Is there a fee that needs to be paid. Could be an issue with how the retailer filled out the paperwork. For all you know it could be in a container with a thousand other small deliveries and there is 1 item holding up the entire lot

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Never again using the online store

• Ordered Online
    • 10 min later decided to cancel as OH wanted to go to the store
    • Followed the cancelation process as listed on the site even before order was processed/
    • kept getting emails about processing the order at different stages/
    • I kept using the cancellation process over an over again .
    • They then shipped the order
    • Once delivered 2 WEEKS LATER the CS sent me a mail and I quote ( copy paste )

Hi .42.,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your order.

Having checked this for you, I can see that the order has since been delivered to yourself.

I hope you're loving your new purchase!

In the meantime, if there's anything else that you need at all, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to help.

Thank you

Customer Service

There is NO FREE RETURN in Ireland, You have to pay to get it shipped to NI as a return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Forget if it's 6 or 12 returns a year and up to €30 postage covered for each one.

60+ days later it showed up.

Sports Direct told me it was happening with a lot of Fastway deliveries so possibly bear that in mind when you are ordering from the UK for the next while until they get things more streamlined.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

Wish I had read this thread earlier

sports direct did not have size I wanted so paid for click and collect one week on and no sign of delivery- no one answering their phone so no idea if item is available anywhere .

thought with ordering 2 weeks before Christmas that the present wold arrive but seeing how long some are waiting and their phone being being unanswered I’m concerned

ps I was annoyed with the click and collect only option - if I have to pay extra for delivery they might as well send it to me but for the sake of Christmas gift I put up with it

id gladly cancel rather than it arriving in January

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Hugh 2

SPORTS DIRECT ARE OK

the above package arrived a few days late but in time for Christmas

( pain in the ass to communicate with but in this occasion the click and collect option worked in 10 working days but in time not to disappoint someone at Christmas)

Advertisement