Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭nachouser

Never go full Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭randd1

Unless, of course, you're the leader of the US Republican party.

They're perfectly fine with it.

As does, terrifyingly so it looks, the majority of American voters, according to the polls.

The Evangelicals, via Trump, will destroy America if he gets a second term. I can only hope they destroy America completely before they decide they need to launch a holy war on the rest of the world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

America being "destroyed" would be catastrophic for world peace, despite the harm American intervention might have caused down the years: the Israeli conflict would be full on regional; Taiwan would be invaded; Korea might kick off; even Northern Ireland could spiral without the GFA guarantor present; and god knows how many other local conflicts would erupt without the threat of American carriers and bombers being deployed as a consequence. Any holy war a Gilead America would conduct might be across the ashes of the what came after it fell.

And that's before you even got into the economic fallout of a fragmented, fundamentalist or authoritarian America. If it stayed outward looking them many nations might hold their nose - but if it turned fully isolationist, or conducted punitive trade deals? We'd suffer economically before any geopolitical or exsitential effects were felt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It seems likely that the majority of the Republican voters will just hold their nose when it comes to the stuff that Trump says and does, and vote for him in the hope that he can make whatever changes to the US economy and immigration that they feel will improve their lives.

As usual, its the independent voter in the swing states that will decide this election, along with Democrat voters being motivated to turn out for Biden. The Dems have a problem with Biden, he's actually done a decent job domestically as President but he's very old and I think its fair to be concerned that he won't last for a full second term. Its too late to replace him on the ballot now really, so if I was on the Biden team, I'd make sure to be absolutely hammering Trump in the media on his shoddy record in his first term, and all the absolutely disgusting things he's saying currently in the media.

If that doesn't do the trick and Trump wins, the Americans will deserve all the carnage that will come along with that. I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If it became as isolationist as Trump would like there would not be much chance of American 'peacekeeping' intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭randd1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Mark Meadows appeal to move his Georgia case to DC rejected. https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1736847930080837906

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Florida GOP have cut Christian Ziegler loose. They have cut his salary to $1 and made clear he does not speak for the party.

What's very interesting, is that a spox for the Florida GOP have made clear that whilst Ziegler is fully entitled to due process, that being under the shadow of the accusations and investigation were incompatible with leading the party in FL.

It seems that to be a rapist and under criminal indictment & civil litigation only qualifies a FL resident for the Presidency 🤷‍♂️ it's a weird standard, but that's Florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Also, a thought has just struck me.

Can we now just start referring to Trump as "Florida man"? Can Desantis and Himself have a scrap in a car park in Tallahassee with the winner moving forward to Super Tuesday🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think you need to bite someone's ear off to attain full Florida Man certification, but I'm not averse to the idea of Trump and DeSantis fighting in a car park. I don't think Trump could process being chinned. I don't think it's something anyone does well with, but Trump especially, it would be truly surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,411 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

To be honest, it's not really funny unless someone like Giuliani gets a proper slap down, because if he can continue with what he's saying, then it points to a growing confidence among the Trump 'collective' that they won't face much punishment for treating the law with contempt. The last bulwark against MAGA is the law actually preventing them from spreading blatant lies.

It's funny because he's so thick that $140m isn't a hard enough slap to make him behave, so he's going to receive more self-inflicted and pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,191 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

...and I hope they win that one as well.

These swines need be be stopped from spreading the same lies as soon as they leave the courthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's obviously very unwell mentally. A reporter told him a couple of days ago that there's no evidence that those ladies in Georgia tampered with votes and he said "oh there is, stay tuned". You'd have thought that an ideal time to break out this evidence would've been before he was found liable for $140m but no, apparently not for Rudy. What a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭amandstu

Not funny that he is crapping on those two women's lives.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Only following in his masters footsteps.

Trump did essentially the same thing with E Jean Carroll - Lost the case then repeated the same defamation almost immediately resulting in him being sued a second time for more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,357 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Giuliani has nothing to lose. The 140m is already way more than he has so short of putting him in jail he might as well continue on with his views. I doubt he has seriously considered the fact that he could be jailed (are the US contempt of court laws the same as here?), after all the Boss gets away with it so why shouldn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

Indeed. However Giuliani doesn't have a Secret Service detail creating a logistical headache for the court. They would have a much easier time jailing him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone else think that Rudy and all the rest are spouting this stuff non stop, without fear, because they believe when DT gets back into the Oval Office he'll pardon the whole lot of them and sign an executive order or something saying they were right. Those 2 women, and all the rest could be in for an even more torrid time then

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, that's a pretty plausible theory. Kick the can down the road in appeals etc as long as possible in the hopes Trump gets into power and somehow manages to reverse or pardon. It's pretty much Trump's plan for himself anyway so makes sense that his acolytes are going to try hitch themselves to that as well rather than turn against him as some others have.

They don't care, and never have cared, about the effects of their lies on people like Freeman & Moss. They only care about their own political and legal power.

possible, but it's quite the risk.

Another question might be, what, in the discovery which he refused to hand over, was so bad, that he would rather hold onto it and be walloped with that massive amount of damages.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I would say it more a case of what is NOT in discovery, specifically that it does not contain a single shred of evidence of any wrong doing on the part of the two women and almost certainly debunks every other crack-pot nonsense they dreamt up to try to pervert the outcome of the Election.

So far , anytime the findings from any of these people have come to light it shows that they knew there was nothing wrong very soon after election day , but they continue to spout the same lies 3+ years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Rudys defamation case was civil not criminal. there is nothing that a president could do (legally) to reverse it or set it aside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

During a second Trump term, I’d be wary of relying on current rule of law to inform what might happen. That’s the danger in all this. Nobody knows what he will do.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There's both a pretty good blueprint in place and his history of screwing people over. If Rudy thinks he's special, he's in for a rude awakening if Trump wins again.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What I find so tragically funny is that Rudy in his many cases taken contesting the election he repeated the mantra of 'all will be revealed in court' yet when he's asked in court to produce said evidence he replies with that he's got theories but no evidence, and he gets disbarred as a result.

And then the same thing happens with the defamation case, he claims that he's got all the evidence and that those poor people he defamed are guilty of the crimes he's alleged, yet in court he comes up with zilch. And now he's got an order to pay hundreds of millions as a result.

One could almost forgive someone who's no history in the court (and a very dubious attorney representing them) but Rudi took down the Italian mob, and would be very familiar with the necessity of having rock solid evidence in court. The mind boggles

And then the same thing happens with the defamation case, he claims that he's got all the evidence and that those poor people he defamed are guilty of the crimes he's alleged, yet in court he comes up with zilch. And now he's got an order to pay hundreds of millions as a result.

And then walks out of the court and repeats the same lie!!

It's incredibly hard to actually understand the thought process here.

He was at one point a pretty competent lawyer , why on earth would he do that?

To what end??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭Panrich

Let’s put it this way. I’d rather be in Rudy Guiliani’s shoes than the two election workers if Trump got re-elected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement