Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dash cam installation

Options
  • 14-12-2023 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭lukin

Can anyone tell me somewhere in Cork City (or North-west County Cork would be better) that would install a dash-cam for me? Install it to the car's fuse box that is. It's a NextBase 322 GW. The place I bought it doesn't do installs. I bought a load of fittings for it and I can't get them to work. I think I need to uncrimp a fuse lead and attach a new one to it. I have the crimping tool but I don't want to do it myself in case I mess it up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've got Halfords to install for me and it was done well at a very reasonable cost.

Otherwise you can get an "Add a fuse" connector. Very easy to wire them in with zero chance of messing it up, just pick a fuse that works on ignition.

I've done both and tbh the Halfords route worked out less stress 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭lukin

Thanks for the reply. Halfords kind of m messed me around so I returned the dashcam to them. I found online that Car Stereo and Alarms Systems on Patrick's Quay install them. Also these might do it;https://www.olearyap.com/

I wasn't a fan of getting a dashcam connected to my fuse box installed by somesone so bought an OBD2 cable connector from Garmin and connected it myself

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Car Stereo & Alarms on Patrick’s Quay is who I’d be asking if I was down that way. Eddie (who owns & runs the place) has been doing this sort of stuff for years & knows the job inside & out.

I think this is the OBD2 input you are referring to. That is the one on my car. It's where the mechanics plug in the diagnostics tool that gives them all the info on the car. Thanks for the tip. I might try to get a dashcam cable that goes in there. Although it is on the drivers side, which is not ideal for a dashcam to be wired to. The fuse box is on the passenger side which is better.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement

Yep. I just ran the cable up behind the door seals into the roof lining to the dashcam.

You have some options to setup different recording options. I got my cable directly from garmin as I have the Garmin Dashcam Mini 2 . Loads of different options on Amazon depending on your adapter type.

I got this on amazon and it works with the dashcam

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XS33J2N/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_dp_1

Advertisement