Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That kind of low-frequency, barely audible sound makes me anxious in a really weird, "fight or flighty" kind of way. I can't bear it because I'm not a naturally anxious person at all but there's just something in that kind of noise that triggers a very basal reaction in me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

For me, it's more of a "shut off that noise before I shut off the one responsible" situation. It was actually cool for the first fifteen minutes or so, I thought we would be able to watch one of the five ships in port leave. Five hours later... 😑😑😤

Oh, and it's the Celtic Explorer, just found that out whilst walking to the bus...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Big tobacco invested in vapes so they could get kids using them before moving them on to cigarettes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Should also be noted how prevalent smoking is on modern tv shows, and films. Lots of money being spent there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Clicked onto Instagram, thought about a year ago… ‘fûck this for a game of dominos, it’s verging on turning into an advertising platform with the odd photo’, now it’s that and more ffs. Used to love IG when it was about people sharing great photos and fun / interesting life experiences…. Now just too many businesses promoting their shît either through their pages and advertising.

4 out of the first 10 photos are in fact paid for advertisements, then lots of companies just promoting the shît out of their stuff via normal posts… just get to fûck with all these adds, everywhere, !

just going to unfollow and hopefully see a better experience from a once great app.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A really beautiful woman just said hi to me and I said "not to bad, I mean hi"

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Post edited by Sephiroth_dude on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Do you know her/ see her around?

It can often be a good sign when a girl says hi first (she could also be just being friendly) however it's worth a punt to try and strike up a conversation if you see her again.

Plus she probably found your blunder amusing and has potentially made her smile for a lot longer than a "hi" would😍

It's Christmas, go for it!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm sure she meant Hiya but the ya part went without saying, @Sephiroth_dude. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The pictures that Amazon use as click bait for their deals. Really annoying to see something you are interested in as a deal with xx% off to click into it to find that the particular item in the picture link isn't reduced.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ah feck, how did I not notice my watch stopped at 5 to 10....closer look...watch on upside down after washing my hands 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Now the 404 bus from Oranmore to Galway city is a pretty decent service most of the time, but twice there has been a no show now when I've been on my way to play a gig in the city. The first time was a few weeks ago where I just stayed and got the next bus but because I started session late I couldn't get last bus back so had to pay 25 euro taxi fare back to Oranmore. The second time was last night so I bailed after ten minutes of no show and got a taxi to the GMIT which expanded the choice buses and just made the gig but cost me 14 Euro. The annoying thing with Bus Eireann, there's no proper complaints system that will take it seriously.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People with no real problems 'splaining how to live your life.

An expensive and decent cooker ....with cheap plastic knobs which make it feel like a toy cooker. And the numbers and markers have worn off. 😒

People expecting me to do actual work this week. It's Christmas, fcuk off.

They also only have The Two Johnnies. So, you have to take pity on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Every website that sends out the standard *Happy Hawlidays* or "a note from our narcissistic CEO" emails this time of year. Stuff the marketing ploy and gimme a discount code to prove to me that you give a yak.

The only somewhat personal touch this year was from a website that showed photos of the team behind the company. Probably smiling to ransom for their bonus but hey, it's the thought that counts.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Businesses not returning calls. They wouldn't be particularly busy with Christmas. Long time customer. The information I need is not urgent but 5 mins is all it would take, it's common courtesy.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I had reason to be in the royal hospital in Belfast at the weekend (did not know that post prandial hypotension was a thing till my MIL collapsed after dinner). All the staff were fantastic, so helpful, patient, gentle and thorough with her. But some (not all) of the homeless people that rocked into the waiting area at around 3am looking for a place to sleep and free tea and toast were shocking. Screaming and shouting, yelling at the staff and patients and their families, boasting about the steaks they'd stolen from tesco just because they could. Throwing food around the place and just being generally obnoxious. I actually felt unsafe. They made an already stressful and uncomfortable night 100% worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The Americanised pronunciation of santa by kids.

Sana'a is the capital city of Yemen, not a ficitional man that delivers presents down the chimney on Christmas Eve.

The word "Mommy".

Also, blue is not a Christmas colour. I will die on this hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

My Dad goes to an auld eccentric dose busybody of a barber. Well known in the area for being a tight yet affluent so and so.. who takes a rather great pleasure as he’s cutting your hair in trying to extract all of your business and info and goings on and impart to you all or some information that he’s been told about other clients. Of course he’ll tell you little to nothing about his own affairs.

an ex client of said barber and a neighbour of my Dads is housebound or close, the barber was trying to cajole my Dad into picking the man up to bring him to his shop. Dad in his ‘80’s is not going to be responsible for picking up a man he’s only of greeting terms with, load the man with a mobility issue into and out of the car twice… My Dad his age could get hurt, easily… but cûnty chops in the barber doesn’t want to be down the few shekels…go up to the man in your fancy Merc and cut his hair if it’s that crucial to you..

Well Mary wears blue 😂😂😂

But yeah, red, black and maybe purple , green can kinda creep in too....but definitely red!

I can’t stand those blue lights people put up.

Your dad should have suggested the barber makes a house call..... looking after a loyal customer at Christmas !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Two TAs already today and it is only the middle of the afternoon. The first was at the barbers. i went to pay and the he asked me "working or retired?". I'm 50 feckin' 3. I was veery insulted. The second was in starbucks. I wouldn't normally be in there but i was having a very late lunch and I needed something quick. €6.65 for a chicken and bacon wrap. daylight robbery. and then she asked me if i wanted it heated up. it has lettuce it in. who heats up lettuce?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Only two types of people say mommy. Americans and travellers. Both are creepy in their own way.

My TA is Xmas. All of it. The shopping, the extended build up, the f*cking songs. It's for kids, lads. Leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

"Are you all set for Christmas" fcuk absolutely off. If you're new to me I give it a pass but otherwise what in the blithering hell are you on about? Don't look at people like they are aliens because they have to tolerate this time of year and accompanying festivities.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement