Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir FTTH failed install, what's the next step?

• 18-12-2023 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi

Fiber went live here on the 13th. Installer from circet came out today to do an overhead install and was here about an hour before telling me it couldn't be done.

He told me each house has a designated drop point they need to be fed off and for the cluster of houses I'm in there wasn't one set up yet. The pole directly outside the house had one of those block boxes with fiber cable wrapped around it but that disappeared two weeks ago, he said he didn't know why it wasn't there anymore and took photos etc.

Really disappointed, I rang Eir fulfillment and was told to ring back tomorrow but the girl on the phone sounded clueless about the situation. Is there anything I can do to find out what's going on, I find it so strange there was a DP setup in on the pole and now it's gone.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Can take a day or two for provider to get details from Circet on why job failed. Issue will most likely referred to networks team to find out what happened. All you can do is contact provider to see if they have update.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Got a call today saying the work wasn't completed properly so fingers crossed it won't take too long.

Still nothing a month later, still being billed for the order. Eir did discount the last couple of bills in fairness to them.

The pole has fiber cables coming up outside the duct and it's been left like that for months now. As previously said there was a black box DP on it originally but it's long gone, I guess they took it and put it in another location. Fairly annoying tbf since I ordered it back in November.

Gonna ring fulfillment again tomorrow and see if they can chase it with circet or openeir

Rang fulfillment the other day, was told circet guys are coming out on the 29th of Feb to finish the work. Ordered back in November and have been dealing with billing issues since, gonna stick it out and see.

They've been a couple of sales people calling door to door over the last 2 months and I've had to explain that it isn't available yet, they were totally unaware. Eir lads wanted me to "double order" 😏

Well I just got a call from Eir saying they're not going ahead with it and the circet guys told eir to get me to cancel the order and there's no time frame for it to be ever completed beyond some vague mention of maybe 2026. This country is a joke I'm so annoyed and upset that I was strung on for months and get this news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Contact the Dept of Communications via their web form here

How do I get fast broadband if I am not in the intervention area?

If your premises isn’t included in the rollout of the National Broadband Plan, but you cannot receive internet speeds of 30Mb or more from any commercial broadband provider, the following steps should be taken;

Contact your current retail service provider to investigate the issue and to determine the reason as to why your broadband speeds are slow or why a high speed broadband service cannot be provided.

Contact other retail service provider offering broadband services in your area to ascertain whether high speed broadband is available at your premises.

After the above checks are completed and if you are still unable to receive over 30Mbps from any retail service provider, then you can raise a query with the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications (DECC) who will undertake an investigation on your behalf. For further details, please contact the National Broadband Plan division of DECC using the designated Web Form

This investigation will determine if high speed broadband can be provided to you by a service provider or whether your premises should be included in NBI’s fibre rollout.

Network Map - NBI

Would Starlink be an option for you in the interim, €50 monthly sub + equipment purchase/rental?

Thx for the link, I have a 30mbps vdsl connection so not totally stuck. Funny thing is when I seen it was available I still was fully expecting not to get it. Nothing but problems dealing with the likes of eir since the dial-up days.

Ah well, if there's any updates next decade I'll update the post. :-)

I put in complaint with eir, another technician was out same story, all other poles are fiber enabled just not mine. Each house has to be connected to a certain pole. There's one ready 2 metres from driveway but I cannot be connected to it.

OpenEir saying end of July now so have to wait a few months again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

…id be after doing unthinkable things to eir by this stage, ridiculous stuff…..

Advertisement