Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drew costing Jey, DQ match with Seth?

Drew talking about Punk or himself, both left and returned similarly 😄

Shinsuke has got me invested in his story too now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was wondering why the video package of Jey coming to save Seth had Jey's t-shirt blurred. Looked it up and seems an indie wrestler filed for the "Yeet!" trademark a couple years ago.

I've said before but I think Tegan really needs to work on her image.

I like to watch the background when there are interviews or anything backstage. Like Gunther talking to Ludwig when Priest was talking to Dom and JD before the main event. But when Shayna was being interviewed, there was a woman just leaning in the background and couldn't figure out who it was. Though she didn't move so could've been a cardboard cutout.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Getting teamed up with Nattie is a death sentence to Nox I reckon, she'll be lost in the shuffle even more so now. Overall a fairly run of the mill Raw. Less Judgement Day is no harm once in a while too. Drew's full turn and the Cody/Nakamura stuff are the only real things to take from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

RAW and Smackdown feel like they're winding down until the New Year when they start building to the Rumble.

Nothing too interesting. Although I did like the opening promo. Feels like they're definitely using Punk's promo as storyline that him coming 'home' as ruffled feathers. Drew's promo alone feels like it would piss off Punk for real haha.

Judgement Day and R-Truth is pretty entertaining but random. They better watch it or they'll have a Sami/Bloodline situation on their hands. I like the reasoning of Cody/Nakamura tbh, think that could be a good feud as random as it is.

Good God, please don't put Becky in a programme with Nia. Had the same thought about Tegan, she's lost, it's a shame but hopefully they can pull her out of the limbo that is the women's tag division. I like Chelsea and Piper but these feuds are never interesting.

Nice that DIY got more of a reaction, I want them to feel big again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wonder when Punk will have his first match ?

Will he win the Rumble as a sort of 'apology'

Looks like Maxxine is being fed to Rhea tonight

Who will Punk sign for?

Drew vs. Jey

Raw is Punk

I guess we have to forget about past Rollins vs Punk matches

Going to be a great feud all pointing to that Mania match

Punk wanting Jamaican Kofi 😄

Will we see Punk/AJ vs. Seth/Becky

I'd have Rollins vs. Punk main event WM completely as in night 2 headline main event

Ivy and Creeds are a good feud for TJD and Rhea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

That Rollins Punk segment was outstanding. You could feel the realness during the face off.

Got the proper "Hogan Rock" spine tingles from it alright.

Be surprised if Creeds don't win the titles either next week or in a rematch. The fact they came out for the Cody save shows they're getting pushed as well.

They need to work on the women more. Like Carter and Chance disappeared for months, return for a few weeks and have a title match. Very rushed. Worst thing, though, is seeing Nattie and Tegan watching backstage.

Not sure if the messy Rhea/Maxxine match was due to Maxxine's inexperience or Rhea not being used to handle someone so lanky. Or both.

Yeah that Raw slapped.

Drew's heel turn has been great so far, it's really working wonders on him. Bronson Reed is starting to feel important too, no one is being built up more than the Creeds though. Miz teaming with DIY in Cleveland was a nice touch and if it gives us more Miz/Gunther I'm happy. Cody and Nakamura having a proper match seemed to good to be true, what we got was goould see them drawing it out till Rumble. Women's tag is a bit messy for sure, even though they at least feel more important than they did. On the other hand, I never expected I'd give a toss about a Becky/Nia programme but I really enjoyed their segment.

The talk of the night is going to be Punk/Rollins though. That was awesome! They said so little but it felt like a lot, could even keep them away for a bit now. It actually felt like it went a long enough way to explain why if he did win the Rumble, Punk would pick Rollins instead of Reigns.

Rumble and more importantly Mania is looking immense so far, just for the possible main events.

I reckon Cody and Nakamura could end up in some sort of placement match for the Rumble. Loser goes in first or something like that and make Cody go in at 1 after having 30 last year.

Scottish psychopath Drew is great though I wonder where the constant jibes at Punk wind up.

Was I the only one expecting them to do a ring collapse for the Ivar/Reed suplex?

Joe in Wembley and Dom Dom in MSG

what a year for Punk

The crowd being halfed not fully all Punk or Rollins with both Punk chants and Rollins singing added to it imho

Also is that the best Nia has been on the mic, Becky bringing out her best

• Advertisement

R-Truth is absolutely killing it with this Judgement Day stuff since his return.

Think Priest just couldn't help himself from how he had to turn away laughing.

Assuming they both stay healthy, Creeds have a bright future.

Was expecting Kofi to give something decent to DaVinci after giving Kaiser the coal.

Not sure why Kayden and Katana won the titles. Chelsea has been the best thing to happen to them in a long time. Though is one of them out afterwards since they're not even getting a rematch? But we do get Nattie. Yay!

Is next week a year in review show?

Belter of a Raw.

R-Truth always delivers, could easily be the Sammy Uso story with him, although could see him sowing division between the Judgement Day easily too.

Gunther and Miz was awesome, actually almost believed Miz stood a chance. He's been great in this programme.

Kayden/Katana as random alright, there's a rumour that they want Chelsea Green as a singles star so maybe, definitely random. At least it seems they're making the women's tag division a bit more lively. The men's tag division is looking good lately. The Creeds definitely could be big. Although the landing on their finisher looked rough on Priest and your man kicked out just after the 3 so doubt that he'd be happy with that.

Loved Nakamura's promo, Jesus it went hard on Dusty (shame about the typo) and liked that Cody actually stormed into the spookiness and attacked him.

Next week seems to be a best of show alright but Day 1 Raw looks class, great way of bringing it back for a Raw. Smackdown's first episode of 2024 has a theme too but won't spoil it.

Watching the best of makes me wonder when and where Jade will debut? Rumble?

^ Big E, Sheamus, Sasha, Batista, Ronda, Cena, AJ Lee or another?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

4 time WWE World Champion and Royal Rumble winner who is not under contract and who needs to finish his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Andrade is a free agent tomorrow.

He is a former WWE champion being a former WWE US Champion

AJ Lee is teasing it is her online.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be that the former WWE champ that’s appearing tonight is….

The Rock

Advertisement