Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So. Back to.Enoch. He's choosing to stay in jail for Christmas because of his beliefs. His belife being that staying in jail makes him look brave and his stance correct).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,921 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe the Burkes coukd fu-ck of over the water to the UK England to be exact. Channel 4 news had a bit about how there schools are being advised not to call students trans at least untill they know for sure that they are. They seem to be going the way the Burkes like it with there schools. The Burkes would love it over there. So fu-ck of over to England Enoch Burke and the rest and then our Government does not have to waste money keeping him locked up.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I do not believe for one minute EB really is that religious

You don't know much about him or the rest of the Burkes then... they've been at this stuff for years it used to be limited to just protests in Castlebar, then they started kicking off in NUIG 10 or 15 years ago as various sibilngs worked their way through there, then it was protesting at the Dail with all sorts of vile homophobic stuff, now because of Enoch (and to a lesser extent Ammi and Simeon) they're on national media and that's exactly where they want to be.

I suppose if we all ignored them they wouldn't go away, but we'd still have the benefit of ignoring them, so still a win...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

@AKMC US bible belt would be more their speed but tbh I think they're happier living in a society like ours where they're very unusual and 'special' (god's chosen few and all) and everyone else is out of step with them. I think if they actually got to heaven they'd get bored really quickly and then start causing trouble 🤣

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,921 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is nothing unusual or special about them at all they are just backwards and brainwashed.

Lol they would be very dissapointed when they find out that there is none.

Best not to tell them incase it upsets them lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

What is with the religious types and their hatred of gays?

I know there was the insane argument thousands of years ago was that as a homosexual son could produce no heir, it was banned to ensure lineage could be controlled, and to ram it home it was made sinful by various religions. Which while obviously completely mental, probably made sense for the warped time it was.

But I just don't get what their hatred of homosexuality and other aspects of gender/sexuality these days. Is it projection? Is it a lack of critical thinking when they open a religious text?

Even more so when you consider how often the openly religious have shown or being exposed (no pun intended) themselves to be homosexuals/morally corrupt/paedophiles/engage in sexually explicit behaviour.

I just don't get it.

Like the Burke's. What do they get out of demonising gays? Piety? Do they think they're doing God's work? If that's the case why aren't they stoning adulterers? Or killing themselves for wearing different types of cloth? Or protesting outside tattoo parlours?

Or is it just the aspects of non heterosexuality that bothers them? Because if they pick and choose what parts of their religion to get worked up over and they're that selective over what they protest, then it's just plain old-fashioned hatred and bigotry on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭francois

Burke's fanbois out protesting at the school, utter disgrace that this was allowed

https://twitter.com/DurrutiDub/status/1737195157785579552

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Most religious people are well able to pick and choose the bit they want to ignore or kick off about. If you are looking to get maximum exposure for your nonsense homosexuality or transgenderism is much more likely to get you in the newspapers than standing outside a tattoo parlour while the clients walk in and out and call you a wanker. The Burke’s want more than anything to make noise and be noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I assume "Fanbois" equals "extended family" as they have never ever attracted a crowd of more than about a dozen.

But still I expect this is the latest iteration of the protest - Enoch isn't getting out any time soon so Mammy, Daddy and rest of the clan will stand outside the school being the thundering arseholes that they are.

• Advertisement

What you wouldn't give to drive by with a muck spreader, and the thing "accidentally" goes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Hoop66

That's a disgraceful idea.

Meet you there about 11.30?

"That's a disgraceful idea"

Agreed. Muck doesn't deserve to be covered with Burkes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

I think people just need to screenshot twitter these days as there's so few registered that can open pages.

Well, the objection here is trans not gay, and the religious objection is to the idea that God made a mistake when assigning gender, but God is all powerful and doesn't mistakes so they see transtitioning as trying to usurp God or question His will.

While arrogant and flawed thinking, at least it's an understandable reason; compared to atheist anti-trans people who have absolutely no reasoning behind their thinking.

As for homosexuality, it's the literal interpretation of the Bible.

Traditionally, Liviticus: “You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,344 ✭✭✭✭looksee

For me it says the page doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭chooseusername

After emptying every septic tank around including Burke’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭StormForce13

. .

Post edited by StormForce13 on

Well clearly if god exists, they (see what I did there) do indeed make mistakes as either the Burkes are right and everyone else is wrong, or vice versa. No possibility of compromise with this family, they believe themselves to be 100% right in everything and anyone who disagrees with them in any way is bound for hell.

As for literal interpretations of the bible, even the Burkes cherry pick the bits they want. Do they ensure that all clothing they wear consists of only one fibre? They also tend to overlook the love thy neighbour part.

ooh another edgelord with a christmas card. At least try to be original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That bit of Leviticus also bans mixed fibre weaves, so presumably Enoch only wears jocks with ye-olde elastic.

Again, take that up with the believers :)

It also bans eating shellfish, prompting the parody group godhatesshrimp.com

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Quandary

A big sign that says stop indoctrinating our children.

are these people even remotely aware of what irony is.

as for Enoch, if he wants to stay behind bars for the rest of his life then that’s his choice. No ones forcing him to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Dumb people protesting outside a school...Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,896 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone know how that lunacy was organised? They all didn't randomly turn up on the same day with matching signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,555 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Via Telegram almost certainly. Also, a lot of that is just his huge travelling circus of a family

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's mostly a lot of the crazys who picket vaccine clinics and the racists who had the gallows at the dail

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Eh, what charges would they be? 🤔

Calling these people muppets is an insult to Jim Henson.

Sorry, Jim.

Advertisement