Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children at Academy gig

Options
  • 20-12-2023 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi folks....I'm looking for some advice on bringing a child of 10 to a gig in the Academy. Its Lea Harte in March so shoudl be child friendly.

Ticketmster site says over 14s only but is this enforced or is it ok once parent is obviouly accompanying the child? Looking at buying tickets as a christmas presnet but dont want to be tunred away on the night!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Check the ticket, and give the Academy a ring Very strict on over 18s, you don't want to buy a ticket and get turned away at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Short answer is kids under 14 can’t be on licensed premises after 9pm so venue will have to be strict about it.

no one here can tell you exactly how strict the door staff will be on the night in question

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

I went to Dead Kennedys this yr and tried to bring my son with me

He was 5 days shy of his 18th birthday and they wouldn't let him in

I knew the security were strict but I thought I could charm our way in seeing how he was with a "responsible adult" but no joy

Was able to get him into Butt Fact no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The academy have notoriously strict door staff, only place I still get regularly ID'd.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,038 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's the strictest venue in Dublin for over 18s , I've brought mine (10/11)to the 3 arena and there's no checks which may be the same , I don't think they'll argue with a parent for a 14s gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Different licensing laws/planning for 3 arena to likes of academy etc.

academy/whelans/vicar st seen as pubs that have concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Thanks for all the replies, I might contact the Academy but looks like it might just be too awkward and dont want a disapointed child, even if show starts at 7, probably would be on premises after 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

I can't understand why the licensing laws are different to the 3 Arena. They all serve drink that you can take to your seat. I remember wanting to go to Vicar Street when I was 16 for a concert but couldn't.

Advertisement