Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Thanks Wibbs, it's a Seiko 0624-5009 from September 1975. Nicknamed the "Lemon Face" Picked it up at the Birmingham watch fair a few years ago now

Not cheap in there day, a watch for the the up and coming, as seen here with Steve Jobs wearing one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Definitely my last Ali express Sale purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Been a slow year and watches not been a priority but got an itch that needed scratching. Bought today, incoming, on leather strap.

Been reliably informed it looks better in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I decided to change up my Hydroconquest since I've had it on metal since I bought it six years ago. I got the rubber strap on Etsy. I ended up buying a Bergeon tool because removing the spring-bars were a major pain in the a**

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

Nice and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have one of those myself, was an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kostal2093

Last one for the year.

Inserted pic. Made myself useful moddy wise for a change :)

Post edited by Wibbs on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Fantastic. Is it a 410 or 410Z movement. I went into Weirs today to look at the the new chrono out of curiosity which is a nice watch.

Will be in NYC next week so will hopefully get a chance to have a look at one of these somewhere in a store there unless the diamond district has gobe all insta and tik tok Roelx and AP only.

Thanks - it is the 410Z movement in rose gold. As usual, my picture is not the best but in my opinion is a lot of watch for the price. Bought on chrono earlier in the week and is in great condition considering it is 20 years old. Just serviced so hopefully gives no problems for a few years - don't expect there to be based on previous experience with El Primero movement but time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭traco

Super job. I've few saved but most are 410 and steel. Not sure I could carry off gold. Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Registered Users Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭893bet

Stunning. Hoping you didn’t move the 56 to make room?

I am itching for a rose gold myself for a few years now. Mentally kicking around a Rose gold Daytona (too expensive and no value for money), A Lange and sohne (expensive but at least value for money, but infringes on my existing ALS), and Breguet (more affordable and best value for money and if I went with a marine would be something different).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,520 ✭✭✭caviardreams

This forum is such a bad influence 😛

A little low end for this forum but picked up a nice 30mm Mondaine at a good price for casual use that I don't mind if it gets damaged or for something a bit more fun! Cork-backed dark forest sustainable strap is nice for a change too. (sticker still on the back of the case in the photo - oops!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Is it a stop2go movement on it?

No it's not, just the classic. Stop2Go are more pricey and limited designs. Nice idea though :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think they've actually stopped producing them due to problems with the movement.

I sold the VC. While the quality of it was off the charts - I just couldn't bond with it. It wore a lot less than a 40mm and I just found it too small. I knew I had paid well over the top for it when I bought it so took a fair hit when selling it - and it is a very hard watch to sell. It eventually sold on chrono but no dealer showed any interest - even if offered with cash as a trade. I should have went with an Overseas instead of the 56 - I tried one of these before and it was perfect but amazing the difference 2mm makes in a watch case.

Despite the Zenith being only 40mm also, it wears bigger than that - maybe this is due to it being gold rather than SS? Anyway, I know already that I wont have any issues with the size on this one. Good luck with the search for a RG - all that you mention are fabulous but if you want to try this Chronomaster anytime for size etc., you are more than welcome.

How much did the 56 sell for? Pm if you wish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Treated myself to a little Christmas gift! The headlight and turn signal is a bit of a novelty but I really like it, splash of orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭micks_address

Probably a naff reason to want a watch but interstellar is one of my favourite movies. I've tried the larger murph but it's just to big. I'd like to try the smaller one but it's pricey.

Picked this up and it arrived today. Looks brand new. Don't think it was ever worn on the bracelet. First time I've had a day date.

Post edited by micks_address on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Not a naff reason at all, sure how many folk pine after a Rolex or an Omega after seeing one on Bond's wrist! Even a Gruen or, and one I may pick up as a reissue the Pulsar red LED, although Hamilton's version of that style is nicer 😉 There are also some really nice Bond Seiko's 🤔 Dammit Mick, now I want a new watch and it's your fault.

A day-date also on my wrist today. Seems an appropriate time to wish all and sundry here a very merry Christmas, may the watch Santa bring ye all something interesting.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Only a date for me this evening, but the thought's there, appreciated and reciprocated. 🙂

I do bloody love me a bit of Sinn...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Strap is gorgeous wibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Unfortunately Santa is taking my Steinhart back to Steinhart.

while winding the watch the whole movement shakes and wobbles, the stem gets sticky and occasionally seems to stop or jam.

waiting for them ( after Christmas) to get back to me … ☹️

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Thanks CD. I got that during my phase of collecting vintage/contemporaneous straps. Saw it come up on ebay for a tenner opening bid, but it had no buckle, was sized a short, had curved lug ends(very rare to see, but that watch has curved lugs). I had the GP buckle because the watch had come with its original black lizard strap, but that in turn was too long, me being around 1.3 Mickjaggers in build. Won the auction, only bidder. There's no maker's name on it just 18s and 'genuine lizard', but it's one of the finest quality straps I've ever had. A gorgeous mahogany colour, very slim, but backed in calfskin. Really suits the watch's champagne dial, far more than the original black. Lucky there were no scrawny buggers with oddball 70's watches on ebay that evening. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Lovely story - thanks. Might have to start checking ebay! I have to say I am somebody who likes straps almost as much as watches. The right strap can elevate an ordinary looking watch to make it exceptional imo

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Off visiting the in laws, and it's shaping up to be a white Christmas here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Jaysus turn it, for the love of god turn it😁

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Advertisement