Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Guy with the trans women sign flirting with a hate crime there! But kind of proving and accepting the point that Enoch's not jail for his beliefs.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

"Honourable lives matter" is my new favourite bonkers placard 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d say that’s the closest a lot of them have gotten to school

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭gk5000

This is it...This is the answer.

High Court just hires a rent a mob scum to protest on Enoch's behalf... the scummiest they can find as Enoch supporters.....

Blackadder would...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I love the Village People style police officer. Very Tom of Finland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

The Last of Us online game has been cancelled. Pity nobody scouted Enoch.

He could have been a game changer and find his true stalker zombie vocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

If you were to draw a Venn diagram of the people who've been aggressively protesting about various hot topics over the past few years you'd find quite an overlap. There's a motley bunch of "activists" who flip between anti-vaccination, anti-immigration, anti-LGBT and anti-anything else you can think of, depending on the day that's in it. There are some pretty nasty individuals in this cohort and many seem to benefit financially from what they do. Naturally, they never leave home without a phone and a selfie stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mrsgiller

And today his mother and 3 siblings stood outside the four courts with their placards and a microphone for hours, his mother was ranting all day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Post edited after re-reading my original:

I don't think people involved in the education of children ever get to thinking - at a moment in time - whether they should involve god in their decisions or thoughts on the gender of a child "Hey, big fella, am I getting this right, that I have the right to interfere and put life-advancement blocks in the path of the child?".

It would probably not occur to them, even though those religious persons who oppose gender assignment decisions later in life claim the child's gender is a decision of/for god, not of humans without blinking an eye, that they never gave a thought to it or god, just using it later on when it is a matter of convenience for them, regardless to the child or adult concerned.

Hell: even the assignation of a child's gender at birth is based on the genitalia the medics see between the legs of the newly born child, and most probably not on the notion of a religiously-minded person there seeking godly advice on it at that moment in time. The formal assigning of gender then is what most else of the child's future-life is based on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well, if these people believe in God, then why not Santa...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There was a "south east lives matter" too - I think it might be from the racist protests in Rosslare

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Enoch hasn't made it to the big time yet. Not until Gemma O' Doherty comes out in support of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭tobefrank321

Even God, if there is one, must be thinking "Give it up man, you've made your point!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

This news has made my day!

😁

But Justice Dignam took his sweet time...!!!

Though ffs, the first paragraph...

Teacher Enoch Burke has lost a High Court challenge over the composition of a panel that will hear his appeal against his dismissal from Wilson’s Hospital School in Westmeath following his refusal to address a transgender pupil with the pronoun “they” or by their new name.

🤦‍♀️

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Oscar_Madison threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

snip

Post edited by Hotblack Desiato on

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I can agree with that bunch on one thing - Enoch should not be in prison. Nobody should have put themselves into that position over so little. Maybe they can have a word in his ear about the one simple little thing he can promise NOT to do in order to get out of the big house. But then they'd have to pack up and go home and get back to harassing citizens trying to legally use the roads.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is it any wonder you got idiots still banging the persecution drum with reductive reporting like that?

I hadn't realised part of the originating incident was also that Burke was deadnaming too. Whatever about pronoun quibbling, that behaviour is just being an outright àsshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

That was a nice early Christmas present for Enoch from Judge Dignam, would love to being a fly on the wall when he got that news, what goes around comes around. All he has to now to look forward to is mammys Christmas present. Maybe a new tie for his next court date or socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,554 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"Christians" refusing to accept that people can and do change their name is particularly bonkers seeing as their book has a very notable case of it - Saul to Paul.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,485 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

My apologies: My original post included more direct references to medics and newly-born children, their decision on the gender of children bound up with god, and how both that practice and that peculiar is/was used religiously by others to explain away thoughts on what should/shouldn't [as against could] be done to assist the children.

The Burkes [and others] have taken that to another level by decrying the use of the word "they" instead of he/she because of the gender god [allegedly to their beliefs] had assigned to the child. The Burkes want to change the basis of Irish law to put THEIR god in a pre-eminent position above all else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He should be in prison though, that is the punishment for what he did.

What would you have him do instead?

Poor fella got an awful bang on the head and then "god" started talking to him. Uhuh.

He's in prison for contempt of court, if he purges that contempt then he is released immediately.

He might well face criminal charges in future, but so far he hasn't (which makes the 'drop the charges against Enoch' placard really special)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭randd1

At this stage, the word Burke and it's derivatives should really enter the Irish version of the dictionary.

Burke - 1. A person who regularly engages in obvious ignorant and dismissive behaviour while claiming to act in righteousness 2. A highly intelligent but socially inept individual 3. A person unable to detach religious views in non-religious situations 4. A member of a familial cult 5. (to Burke) Stand around in a pointless manner for the purposes of receiving attention

Burkemama - 1. An over-bearing Matriarch 2. An individual who engages in shrieking or chanting behaviour when confronted 3. A cult leader 4. A mad woman

Burkish - 1. To act in an ignorant manner 2. Act in a deliberately difficult manner to prevent the continuance of a proceeding 3. Unacceptable behaviour 4. To frown upon or dislike unmarried and non-heterosexual orientations and lifestyles

Burkism - 1. The belief in one's pious outlook or religious belief to be above that of all others 2. The belief that unmarried and non-heterosexual orientations and lifestyles are immoral or sinful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,449 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Yes I know that, that makes it all the more stupid that he literally has to say a few words and he is out. But he won't.

Advertisement