Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

He was a bit unlucky, as he actually won the ball in the tackle initially but it rebounded off Bowen back in the direction across the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Gomez couldn't quite pull off a Maradona vs England in 1986 slalom through the entire team a few mins ago, but Jones does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Was away all evening wasn't expecting too see this type of scoreline,thought it be a lot tighter but won't complain as I type its 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jones as played the ball much quicker again tonight. He's a far better player when he's not farting about on the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Diaz all but anonymous since he came on. Poor fella's really in a rut.

Right now, i'd fancy; Nunez - Gakpo - Mo as the starting front three for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's no harm in giving Diaz a bit of a break over the next two weeks. The lads head must be all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hard to be too critical too of him after his father's kidnapping, but he really shouldn't be starting games for the time being, id be disappointed to see him start against Arsenal.

Looked like the CB was playing Nunez on - but even still, Diaz should've been playing the ball 2 strides earlier and giving him space to run into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Another tight call on offside with Nunez.

oh for sure, I don't blame him at all. That mid-season break in a few weeks will hopefully let him step back and refresh a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

The most enjoyable game for some time. Delighted for Jones & Elliott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great to get a few goals for confidence although West Ham never turned up really. Hopefully have some energy left in the tank for Saturday now.

Fantastic performance.

Played really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭ratracer

Great result, scored 5, but the striker on for the full 90 gets nothing again! 🤷‍♂️

West Ham were really dreadful. Not too bothered who we draw on the semi’s now.

I'm normally hard on Nunez, but he was out on the left wing for the majority of the night TBF, and was one of our best players to. I'd say he will be there ahead of Diaz for the foreseeable.

Had a very good game at least though, looked a lot more like himself than he has recently. Love to see him left wing against Arsenal. Gakpo in the middle with Mo on the right and I'd be feeling pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Nice work out for them but West Ham must have had a bet on a Liverpool win..they were that bad

Easy side of this draw please..thanks Santa

Is it time to try Salah through the middle with Elliot out wide? Salah is pretty much ineffective as a wide player these days, but he's still by a long shot our best forward. Elliot provides width and a dynamic threat with his movement and his ability to move the ball quickly and accurately!

I think it would give more room for Szobo in the right sided No.8 role too, as Elliot actually makes runs down the wing into the passing channel and draws the defender with him. Where's as Salah likes to angle his run from the wing across towards the goal, this makes for a very difficult passing option, its why we see a lot of attacks breakdown between Szobo and Salah lately.

Really nice words from Cody there for Curtis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Sorry to disappoint you mate but Endo was very good tonight.

Why would I be disappointed? I noticed him do very well at keeping it simple but on his two through balls he played, he made a shambles of the 1st and overhit the 2nd. So ok I called him out on it but also gave credit nearly straight away when he passed his third forward pass and nearly had an assist only for Jones to hit it straight at the keeper.

They really drag the arse out of the coverage, trying to string people alone who are only waiting for the draw.

Some people are far too sensitive on here or they don't actually read through the thread and get the context.

Kinkshankly for instance was nearly 1st to celebrate the 1st goal;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,508 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Liverpool v Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Were you standing on your head watching this?

• 60 minutes played

• 46/48 accurate passes (96%)

• 4 chances created

• 2 clearances

• 9 recoveries

• 4/6 ground duels won

Those are Endo's stats for tonight. If you think 40+ of his passes were backwards...

• Advertisement

Fulham at Anfield in the first leg.

You just knew the two bigger clubs would be separated

Makes the calendar a bit easier - but to actually win the thing i think we'd nearly have been better off with Chelsea in the semi. Over two legs, I couldn't see us losing to Chelsea, whereas they're the team with the best chance of upsetting us in the one-off final.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Glad to not have Chelsea over 2 legs .

Rather had the first leg away and have Anfield on the return. Fulham away is tricky so we'll need afew goals in the 1st leg

I well believe all that but the 4 chances created. I seen one but maybe I'm wrong.

• Advertisement

Fulham and Chelsea both together in the PL table, they're about as strong as each other. Hopefully we can do the business in the first leg with a good win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

The way Chelsea play don't count Boro out

Have to figure the 2-leg format will be enough to see them through alright though. Really favours the better team, and minimizes that potential of an upset. Gone after this year though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Has to be Nunez and salad with Gakpo in the centre for the weekend.

jones is relatively young and might still grow into a player yet. Made a nice few recoveries or almost recoveries tonight and was generally a bit better defensively than he has been.

I thought Nunez and Endo played well.

Gomez too. Reckon anfield would go mad if he scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Szobo and Gravenberch don't work in midfield when they play together. The balance isn't right. Jones has to start on Saturday

Klopp calling the crowd to arms for Arsenal, after the silence of the United game.

Yeah, would be hoping for;

--------------Ali

Trent--Konate--VVD--Tsimikas

------------Endo

-------Szobo-----Jones

--Mo-------Gakpo-----Nunez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yes hope he goes with this on Saturday,and the fullbacks stay wide to give us width,back to the traditional 4-3-3

I think Nunez will be the Super Sub on Saturday, Diaz to start, Gakpo center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Really really enjoyed that. West ham were dreadful but there was so much fluidity in our play. It's been so long since I saw so many overlaps out wide.

I'd drop diaz for Nunez on the left, Salah in the middle and Elliot or szobo on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Exactly what I was hoping for also.

I know Klopp (and probably most others) wouldn't, but I'd even like Elliot in instead of Salah. I'm a little tired of Salah cutting inside and losing the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'm gonna go with the statisticians on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Think Jones has put himself in the 11 ahead of Diaz on Saturday I’d probably keep Elliot on the bench as he does give you an injection when coming off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I'd like Gomez to start rb Saturday, think he's been very good this season and need to be defensiveup against Martinelli who always seems to lift his game at Anfield.

Him going down the wing making the pitch bigger is much more effective than trent coming into the middle leaving huge spaces for Martinelli as well.

Could trent play cm with Endo and Szoboszlai? Jones off the left with Gakpo centre and Salah.

Leaves Elliott, Nunez and Diaz as very good impact subs.

Salah has 11 goals and 7 assists in the league this season.

Nailed on starter and rightly so.

I really like Elliot but there's no comparison.

Mo is a big game player too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Without a doubt i can guarantee arsenal would prefer face Elliot

I prefer to see Salah through the middle with Nunez and Elliot either side of him. We have absolutely zero width on our right hand side with Salah now just constantly cutting in, and Trent playing through the middle when in the inverted role...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Problem lately is Salah cuts in and A: Tries to dribble and fails or B: Kicks the ball right at the other player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Elliott is also a left footer so is going to have to cut inside onto his left foot too,if playing on the right. I thought he played very well last night but most of his good plus was away from the right hand side and was when he went roaming inside the middle.

It was helped by the fact that Gomez played as an older version RB - up and down the wing, keeping the width. That was the big difference IMO. It helped Szoboszlai too as he didn't have to expend all his energy chasing back to RB positions and could instead do concentrate on running into attacking positions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,513 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, we all watch Mo's buildup from the right be a bit frustrating at times then you remind yourself of his stats this season.

Advertisement