Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

More like there's so many Muslim immigrants already here that they're swelling the numbers of these protests. There's also a long standing republican element attached to the Palestinian cause and they tend to organise a decent protest/parade.

Regardless, proof of public opinion is the government and the EU all starting to make noise/moves against a migration free for all.

Politicians are usually the first to know when the wind changes direction. Its part of their survival instincts.

You're in the minority with your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Donegal County Council have started places notices on any vacant houses that haven't registered or paid the tax. We know what happens next.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fearne123

There are millions of Irish born immigrants that’s true, but they do not all live together in ONE small country.

The Irish normally move for a job lined up and get accommodated by themselves, or their employer. Moreover, a lot of educated Irish ppl are enticed to work in other countries at “job fairs”.

The Irish immigrants from today are not 1.5 million of unskilled ppl and they do not cross the border of other countries without their passports or a visas, etc!

Peter Scholl-Latour, a French-German journalist and author (who btw travelled extensively through many war-torn and impoverished countries around the world and wrote books about a lot of the issues society is facing with wars, governments and cultural differences), once said: “If you invite Kalkutta to your home in order to rescue it, you won’t be able to rescue Kalkutta, but your home will become Kalkutta”.

For the record : I am usually left leaning and I do not blame the immigrants or condone violence. However, I do blame the Irish government - and more so the EU governments - for the lax immigration policies in the EU since 2016. These policies steadily have gotten worse. Border controls seem to be non existent these days, except when it comes to the EU citizens themselves, because they still need their proper documents in order to be permitted to enter other countries.

I also know a good few people in different EU countries - and they do share my sentiment, but wouldn’t openly protest.

If the only option really is only a right wing party that promises on tightening the EU borders and limit immigration to suit individual EU countries, then the current governments shouldn’t be surprised if those parties get into power after the next elections. Across Europe.

If the pendulum swings too much to one side, it won’t stop in the middle, but will swing as much to the opposite side. Hopefully not too much in this case, but that is usually the way things go.

[Edited, as this was originally in reply to Suvigirls post]

I'm thinking if no one makes contact probably a form of CPO probably held back incase someone turns up afterwards. What do you think.

• Advertisement

Would love to know where these people get time to protest and march. There employer must be very understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I have stated your last paragraph here already.

We have swung to this new left wing ideology and we will swing pretty far right before we are finished.

The thing we have to look forward to in the next couple of decades is having right wing governments in place in Europe a hundred years to the day after they wrecked the continent.

And the full blame for that will squarely lie with the current political classes, the university intellectuals pushing American born crapology, the NGO sector full of university graduates of this crapology and the media full of w a n kers parroting this same shyte and refusing to countenance or even allow discussion of any opposing views.

A ruling elite can only get away with walking on the populace for so long before there is fight back.

In case anyone has missed it, a pointer to the future happened this last week in a German town of 37,000 Pirna Saxony, where the AfD candidate won the mayoral election with 38.5% of the vote in a three way runoff.

Now some may say will that isn't even half so look how the rest of the people voted against him.

Except the other two candidates were center-right Christian Democratic Union, Germany’s main opposition party, with 31.4% and the conservative Free Voters that took 30.1%.

All considered right wing or conservative.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You know exactly why their has never been huge protests.

Just like you knew yesterday when you said no criminals can get into Ireland despite posting in this thread in the past claiming the story about the Zimbabwe killer was far right lies until it was confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Yes that's true, businesses have signed up temporarily and then realise they can earn a fortune doing nothing with no risk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Just curious, when you say American crapology, do you mean the woke stuff or the corporate culture or something else?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It really is the people who are in no way impacted by this that shout the loudest about how great it is.

What was the reason our minister for justice refused to house Ukrainians after saying she would.

I think it was they were too far away from everything and would have nothing to do.

While they smuggle in bus loads of men into villages who have literally nothing to do each day.

It's about time that someone in the media asks why these people are not placed in the areas of the people who are pushing for it.

Of course we all know the reason is that they don't want them anywhere near them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

They weren't bought by the private sector though! How hard is this to understand, they lay empty and unsold for nearly 20 years. No one would buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

I've noticed that as well....even the defenders have given up on the pretense these men are fleeing some war or persecution, they just outright say they want a better life. We now just need some adult in the room to say, ok that's all well and good but they can apply for a work visa in that case just like someone from Argentina or Indonesia, and they are expelled from the asylum system. Unfortunately we have children in charge especially that green Roderick o Gorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Some letter writer in todays Indo reckons Ireland is the most racist country in the world.

I wonder were they ever out of the country. Jesus there's some sh£#te out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭growleaves

People like that don't understand the extent of their own ignorance.

For instance does he know how Indian nationalists react against illegal immigration from Bangledesh (formerly East Pakistan)? Mainstream politicians there say things that the worst far-right person here would not say.

China is the biggest economy in the world now, yet insists on remaining relatively homogenous despite seriously lop-sided demographics from the one-child policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Every time politicians say that something they don't agree with or like will hurt our reputation or standing in the world I have to roll my eyes.

Same for the same type of remarks on the EU's reputation. Like with this new migrant pact, all the NGOs saying it's going to hurt the EUs position as a humanitarian world leader/whatever.

It's not a close race, Europe's first and then it's a lot of DNF.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

France has new migrant legislation:

• 5 years before getting benefits
    • Immediate deportation of illegals
    • Deported to the country of origin, with or without passport
    • Refuse to renew residence permits of those who don't comply with "principles of the Republic".

So France is doing that, and the UK is bringing in legislation to deport illegals to Rwanda. Meanwhile soft little Ireland, with policy led by Roderic and Helen, is desperately scrambling around to accommodate more and more packs of migrant men in tiny villages around the country. Lord help us.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭keane10

Lord above.

I went to a football match in Italy about 15 years ago where thousands of fans were booing & abusing the black players on the team they were there to support!

• Advertisement

Well I now know the name of the village idiot in one small town/village in Leitrim.

Which politician was it again that stated there was no link between "immigrants" and criminality?

Oh yes Holly "seeds" Cairns head of social democrats.

Maybe she didn't see latest case where three foreigners (at least one resident in a hostel and another in Citywest Hotel) were last month charged with assaulting a "friend" on the street and the assault ended up on the road and was only stopped when the guys female companion laid across him as a human shield.

This is all in public domain, but I will not name the names as I know how precious some are about stating facts about certain type of immigrants.

Can people remind us again what a boon to Irish society these "immigrants" are?

Post edited by jmayo on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,708 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is in Ashbourne a couple of days a go apparently

Ah come on now. There is no need to tar all with the same brush. There are links to criminality in all walks of life. I think of our Bankers and TDs straight away!! And don't get me started on the clergy!

We do have an immigration problem no doubt but let's be careful with the rhetoric. There are a lot of immigrants in Ireland who work hard and serve the public/community well with zero "links to criminality".

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fearne123

But that’s the point Cluedo - Ireland has enough “homegrown” criminals to deal with properly.

Ireland doesn’t need to “import” more criminals than it already has.

Let their home countries deal with their own criminals.

How could they get past our immigration control. Hopefully they will be apprehended by our ilegal immigration control squad. Hold on do we have any of these.

But we'll gladly take the nurses and doctor right?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭JPCN1

She really holds us in contempt... as well as Peadar Tobin... a very significant number could be two, ten, thirty. Rubbish from the Minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I believe they also made it more difficult for children of non-nationals to become citizens.

Meanwhile, McEntee takes a few steps back towards the anchor babies era by dropping the Irish requirement from five years to three years for children born here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement