Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Did I say that ?

Are you per chance trying to get me to say something so you can tottle off to a mod to get me banned for hate speech ?

What I will say is that a lot of the single young men entering as asylum seekers\international protection seekers\refugees are poorly educated and come from areas with very different cultural norms and belief systems (not just limited to religious beliefs) to this country.

Cultures and beliefs such as the one that thinks a womans is of lesser value than a man and that they should be subservient.

Do you think it is good idea to dump into small community, with no policing, a load of guys who think that single women on their own or women in normal western clothing are fair game to be harassed, groped, assaulted or worse?

Do you want immigrants that believe in FGM, honor killings, etc?

Seriously do you?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fearne123

Huh? Where did I mention the UK?

Will I have to repeat my posts again?

Does the fact that Ireland is NOT in Schengen make a difference here and if so, how?

Suvigirl, who do you think is making decisions on immigration from outside of the EU then?

Please, do enlighten us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I have asked you a question at least 3 times that you haven't answered.

Do you think immigration to Ireland should be stopped? What about UK and EU immigration?

And yes the fact Ireland is not in schengen makes a massive difference, I suggest you read up on the EU schengen visa.

Ireland is in charge of its immigration policies, No one else.

Life is too short to try debate with some.

Especially when they will try drag you off in a tangent or try argue about things you never said in the first place.

The big reason for often debating in this manner is because certain viewpoints cannot stand up to scrutiny when looked at objectively.

Welcoming in unskilled uneducated young men that need housing, education, healthcare all paid for out of the public purse is economic lunacy.

It is like the argument earlier that the now use of unwanted housing and unwanted hotels for these asylum seekers is seen as good, when in reality it is just draining taxpayers funds away from legitimate areas such as healthcare, education, elderly care and much needed public infrastructure to counter climate change.

To make matters worse these asylum seekers often come from backgrounds that are diametrically opposite to that of the people of this country and they require integration services to try make them compatible, but often they don't want to integrate.

And then to top it off we simply do not have the physical accommodation resources to cope with this.

So if one was to look at this logically you would say you have to be special to belief the current system is anyway sane.

It is lunacy on a gigantic scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Ahwell

You’re making a lot of assumptions here about people you nothing about and most of it is based on Islamophobia.

Post edited by Ahwell on

• Advertisement

Are you able to read my previous posts, because I am starting to belief that you can’t… ???

I really can’t spell it any clearer, without repeating myself: I am NOT against immigration per se, but…. see my post above.

I haven’t mentioned the UK in any way at all! Why would you jump to such conclusions?!

But it seems that you have a habit of doing this.

By the way - the Schengen Visa has nothing to do with the current immigration to Ireland.

It wasn’t me who mentioned Schengen - it was your good self.

Apparently, you really think that Leo, Michael, Eamon and their posse have solely decided - on behalf of the Irish people ( or else for their own future job prospects, who knows?) - to let unlimited numbers of unskilled and often unvetted immigrants into Ireland - and all of this without ANY input of the other EU leaders?

Are you serious?!

All of a sudden it makes sense, that you wouldn’t see a problem with (a hypothetical number of) 100 male IPAs being dumped into a rural area of a few hundred ppl, with nothing to do all day.

No, you have an issue with ' undocumented, unvetted ' immigrants, do you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Whats wrong with you? Honestly Attack, attack, attack is all you can do.

No one is against LEGAL immigration. Do you not get that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah Ireland in charge of its immigration policies is like an alcoholic running a pub.

Its laughable to see Varadkar and Martin over the last few days saying the system is working when it clearly isn't

Why do you keep asking me questions after I already stated my opinion?

You simply seem to have an issue with my opinion, but it won’t change even if you ask me about it a thousand times!

This is also most certainly not the way to have an adult exchange on this topic.

I won’t answer any other silly question from you, because I rather spend my time doing other things.

Just read my posts and you’ll find the answer.

God speed, Suvigirl.

• Advertisement

The poster has told you what kind of immigrants they wanted, but yet here you are again asking the same question.

Asylum seekers are legal immigrants. Do YOU not get that?

Nope. You have refused to answer any questions.

You have stated you are against 'undocumented, unvetted immigrants ' is that right?

You are not aware of what schengen is, and think that some other entity is in control of our immigration policies, is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Not really no, alot of asylum seekers are economic migrants

No they have not. They are against ' undocumented unvetted immigrants '

That doesn't answer my questions about their opinions on UK and EU citizens. And seriously? Are you their pa? They can probably answer for themselves, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Are people fingerprinted when they claim international protection here (when they have their documents destroyed)

I see a case of a Moroccan,Soufiane Mountassir, caught beating a woman in town. He got 3 years. But was wanted in Germany for arson.

No mention if he will be automatically deported afterwards. Surely a conviction of this sort voids their asylum application. No documents, violence towards a woman and arson?

Everyone is entitled, by law, to claim asylum. The country they claim it in should investigate in a reasonable time ( we all know that doesn't happen in ireland) and either give leave to stay or issue a deportation order.

they are legal immigrants

Yes, they are fingerprinted and photographed on application.

Yes. That criminal conviction will avoid his asylum application. Legally

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Juran

Incorrect. They 'seek' aslyum, but they are not proven to be genuine until the full process is complete..and we know that even at that, plenty of fake applicants get granted (due to incompetent processes here) only for the state to find out later they lied.

So I get it, and the rest of us here do ... but you don't seem to.

But surely something should have flagged if he had a warrant out for arson from Germany?

• Advertisement

So how come we don't deport foreign criminals if a conviction ends an asylum application - not sure that's true at all

No. Asylum seekers are legally entitled to seek asylum. They are legal.

If their claim is accepted, they are refugees. Also legal.

Well, I don't know the details of the case, do you have a link?

Was he an asylum seeker, a refugee, a visa holder? An EU citizen?

There’s been all kinds of things posted on this thread. Fear-mongering about the Irish becoming a minority in their own country. One poster claiming that we are heading for an islamic majority state. Concerns over our culture been diluted. Someone the other day was absolutely heartbroken about something, I forget what now, but I’m certain it wasn’t just limited to “illegal” migration. There’s also been plenty of posts about Ukraine refugees, all of whom are here legally. So I’m not buying this “no one is against legal immigration” line, because what has been posted throughout this thread suggests otherwise.

It's very possible that we could become a minority in our own country considering how rapidly our population of immigrants and asylum seekers, illegal migrants has increased over the last 25 years

I have no interest in re-hashing this. I was just using it as.an example.

no, we have less then 20% foreign born, at what does that matter?

You do realise it depends on how People define themselves in the census, people can be foreign born to Irish parents, which makes them Irish citizens. And even if they are not, what difference!

People living here are part of our society. Their kids are part of our society, their kids kids are part of our society. There will never be a minority Irish here, because everyone becomes part of Irish society/ life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Also, non nationals in Ireland are not one homogenous bloc but comprise multiple nationalities, languages, ethnicities and religions.

Soufiane Mountassir is his name. Sunday World/Independent have lots on him.

He lived in Rome for 14 years . Then went to Germany, committed arson. Then went to the UK went from Scotland to Belfast on a boat and ended up in Dublin in June 2022.

Why would a fella come from Morocco via half of Europe to Dublin?

Our politicians are idiots. We are soft and whilst other European countries are getting fed up we are playing catch up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where do you live?

I live in west Dublin and yes we are being watered down and those who are still here in 30 years time will be in a minority

when I visit places down the country or in well do do areas in the city it might as well not be happening

So if I was from those areas I would think this is working out fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement