Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

• The scammers on Ticketmaster's Facebook page looking to "sell unwanted tickets"
    • "Wellness & Mindfulness " Advocates
    • People who comment "fly high with the angels" on RIP.ie pages
    • Media always using an excuse to link GAA to a story "GAA Star arrested/ fined/ assaulted" etc
    • The current obsession with trad music and the Wolfe Tones - particularly by twentysomethings looking for the next bandwagon to jump on
    • The Two Johnnies.....
    • Boy racers in souped up BMW's and Audi's
    • People who "de-chrome or de-badge" their cars
    • Sitting opposite workmates in canteen and everyone is glued to their phones and no-one talking
    • Young ones obsession with wearing camel toe revealing gym pants as a fashion accessory
    • People who don't indicate at junctions or roundabouts
    • Sunday drivers
    • The clannish element of the GAA - particularly in rural communities
    • People who refer to their job as "Influencers" or "Social Media Consultants"
    • The trend of celebrities in photos with their mouths wide open catching flies - Vogue Williams and Brian Dowling and his partner are the worst culprits
    • Nepo babies - Gerry Ryan's daughters come to mind
    • Blindboy and his bullsh*t podcasts
    • Lads wearing short legged suits with no socks - WTF?

.....i could go on and on but that's all i can think of now

Post edited by brokenbad on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People coming to me with new work 2.5 days before we break up for Christmas. What planet are you on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

That awfully dreary, drole “All the lights are coming on now” song by The Ravionettes in the Spar ad for Christmas. I have to change the channel when the ad comes on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Ballsed up a job interview by misunderstanding how Microsoft Teams works. Ended up being 10 minutes (and some phone calls from the company) late before 2+2 became 4 and I figured out the issue. Actual interview went fine but I'm livid something this stupid on my part happened.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't mention a thing. Unless you were looking to work with them most places are somewhat sympathetic to technical issues if you can provide evidence of normal reliability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭galwayguy85

When testing out product that works on a ‘subscription’ model, Adobe Creative Cloud, for example at the end of the 7 (or 30 days, doesn’t really matter) day trial on go to cancel the trial, they will pester you to stay over and over again when going through the cancellation process.

In my case, I saw something like ‘choose another plan’, (I only ever wanted Photoshop anyway) for a much lower price (less cloud storage blah, blah, blah) and went for it, under the assumption that the far more expensive monthly ‘plan’ would therefore close. Not the case!! Both were active.

Luckily, Revolut blocked the payment for the month subscription I was never going to use (after already paying the day beforehand for the cheapest plan, I had intended on paying, plus the various ‘micropayments’ to ensure it was a valid card etc).

No wonder software piracy exists…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Links on twitter that give you a tiny box to watch a video whereby you can barely make out what if happening.

Also people who say X (formerly known as Twitter). Literally not one person doesn't know what twitter is so why not continue using the name?

Point and O2 come to mine ( or wtf it is called these days). Emerald Park 🤣. Tayto is Tayto is Tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

"Quad bike". No such thing as a four wheeled two wheeler.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Another TA. I blurted it out as I was quite embarrassed.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

People who put infinite recurring meeting appointments in your calendar, god help me if we’re doing the same meeting 10 years from now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Not hearing back on job applications. Not even a negative response, just nothing..like they go into a black hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just modern music it can't get any worse? Surely?

Was flicking through the radio in the car few days ago, looking for music. I landed on Newstalk - where Tom Dunne said he was going to go through the songs of 2023. Gave the first song a big build up, "one of the best songs of the year" says he.

Then some whiny voiced fella comes on who repeats the lines "wasted" how he wants a beer and is "hastag wasted".

I never heard as much sh!te. Radio off.

Edit - 'beer' not 'bear'. Although I was like an angry bear at the time.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Had to turn back and go the long way around this.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is a public service announcement to all gentlemen of boards.ie. if the hem of your trousers is sitting 3 or 4 inches above your ankles then they are too short and you bought the wrong size. The hem of your trousers and your ankles should be acquaintances at the very least. You look frankly ridiculous, like a 13 year old who just took a stretch. That is all. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I took my zźzz tablets hours ago and still awake

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’ve been asked by the folks what I want for Christmas about 2 weeks ago. I’ve still no idea and I’m being given out to as tomorrow is their last shopping day. I am in a very lucky situation that I need for nothing……I’m grand for clothing, I’ve a collection of aftershave about 8 bottles… I’ve an entire shelf of books I’m still to get to and through..I’m ok for technology. Don’t need furniture, lighting or anything…. A nice situation to find myself in. But a poxy situation when it’s just..” come on, tell us what we can get you “… I’ve absolutely zero fûcking clue….

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A Customs charge that I thought was included when I bought the item.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Definitely a TA.

Just be careful that it's real. Lots of scam messages going around about such charges.

Scam messages are also a TA.

It's genuine OK. I'm inclined to query it. It's just €11, don't know if it's worth the hassle. Good job I wasn't waiting on it for a Christmas present.

They can mind it for me now as I won't be around much between now and New Year 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They don't hang on to them for long before it is sent back or destroyed

Thanks, the notice says 16 working days - 12th January 24. I'll pay well before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

Good points but TA by point three. It's not 'fly high with the angels' but 'fly high with the angles'..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sometimes it is included and the seller will pay the charge (that you paid them in the cost price) once you give them the details.

My TA is the whole hassle of Christmas. Bah humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

A neighbour's gate which was left open and banging shut throughout the night... They were at home too.😡

Oh and Customs it's not a Teddy Bear it's a Highland Coo 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Sending anything into the EU is a bit of a nightmare these days and best avoided. I tried posting something to family but they said their own codes weren't matching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It amazes me that in the 21st century, sending a parcel and it getting to its intended destination without a problem is a bit of a crapshoot as the Yanks say. Getting post in and out of fcuking North Korea is easier that getting anything here from the uk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement