Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hamas strike on Israel - Threadbans in op - mod warning in OP updated 19/10/23

Options

Comments

You are likely to be told he only said somebody else described them in those terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

"Can you maybe give some insight into why you support these psychopaths?

Family in Israel?

Friends with Israeli's?

Work for an Israeli company?"

Well, first of all, they aren't psychopaths. Replace "Israel/Israeli" with "Jew/Jewish people". Not a good look.

You said that people who raped, burned, tortured and murdered innocent people were only a 4/10 on your evil scale. But the Jews who defend themselves or even just exist are even worse than that. Says it all. You're not worth any more responses.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭volchitsa

They have been warning people to leave before an attack since some years before the "roof knocking" technique, though previously they usually targeted a single building, so dropping leaflets over a whole neighbourhood would create unnecessary panic.

The point being that the IDF have been warning civilians for years, using the most effective techniques for each situation, to avoid civilian casualties as far as possible. Which makes the claim that they ever only did it once as a media op complete lies.

I mean, you can keep lying, but that's on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the IDF only gave a warning once for propaganda purpose3s and this has been shown by all organisations monitoring the situations everytime israel goes on a genocidal rampage.

the so-called roof knocking is just a name given to dropping high explosive charges designed for more narrow areas but designed for maximum kill, which they then lie and claim otherwise.

in short, israel lie about everything and anything and every claim they make is disproven quite quickly.

a genocidal, racist, apartheid, cleansist, colonist state.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭dmcdona

• Advertisement

Well of course it's an ideology, but I assume the Israelis decided that fear of further attacks like Oct 7th would be so disastrous that they would make large parts of southern Israel uninhabitable, including farms which are needed for food. That would certainly be my conclusion anyway, if I lived there.

So they feel that the urgency is to remove Hamas as a military force now, and that they can worry about hypothetical future Hamas' after the present military force has been dealt with.

The other problem they had is that if they'd allowed Hamas to get away with this attack, it would have been presented as a great success by Hamas compared to anything that Fatah or any other Palestinian organisation managed, and that would have recruited MORE people into Hamas' ranks, as well as likely pushing Fatah to doing the same thing.

You keep saying this, but you've given no evidence of it.

I've provided links talking about previous times when the IDF have warned civilians before attacking a military target in the area.

So unless you can prove that I'm wrong and you're right, I'm going to consider that you've lost this argument and leave you to screaming your lies into the void.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"the IDF only gave a warning once for propaganda purpose3s..."

Wrong, but it's EOTR. Truth means nothing.

Just one of many sites (not particularly from the Israeli side) documenting roof knocking, this one from events in 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

'roof knocking' was abandoned very early on. Instead they have been dropping 2000lb bombs on a densely populated city. Of all the ordnance they could have dropped, they dropped the largest ones in their arsenal. It's been mentioned it's the highest density bombing since Vietnam.... And remember this is in one of the most densely populated places in the world.

Some estimates are 90% of those dropped in the first week were 2000lb, and overall half were dumb bombs.

The IDF have also bombed areas where they told civilians to move to for 'safety'

That is a far cry from doing what's required under international law to minimize civilian casualties. Only recently the IDF announced they will start to target Hamas leaders now. Maybe they should have been the first target?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭SeanW

Holy crap. I'm going to repeat my question to those who have made the "colonialism" claim against Israel writ large.

How do you define the Metropole - Colony relationship? An empire that has colonies, by definition, has a Metropolitan State - Colony relationship. That is, the people of the colony have and identify with a core homeland.

So if Israel writ large is a colony, where is the Jewish Metropole? What Jewish empire extended into Israel? Or is part of Israel a legitimate territory and part of it a colonial venture?

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, you want to call out people and make them give their justification for being family, friends or employees of "Israel", aka "Jews". This after denying the rape, murder and torture which was literally documented and live streamed by hamas. And you think you're the good guy? Lol. Keep spiralling 👍

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Sigh… the initial question was surrounding Israel. I was answering from Israel perspective only. But Hamas may kill hostages. However there isn’t any evidence yet of them killing them since Oct 7th. There is evidence of Israel killing its own people

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Before answering, how do you define the settlements in the West Bank?

Yes, there is the video they released of a tortured hostage with his eyes gouged out and badly beaten who died, which they then claimed was due to Israel. Not to mention the many young women who they refuse to release, and the baby they "lost" and have since said has died. Yes, I'm sure they are treating them very well indeed🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

There was 2 hostages found near a hospital in Gaza dead with bullet wounds. But we haven't heard anything since about them.

But since Oct 7th, and I'm open to be corrected, Hamas have been or claimed responsibility for 3 murders of Israel's in Jerusalem, the IDF have killed 1 Israeli in Jerusalem and 3 Israeli hostages in Gaza. So based on that, it's hard to see Israel being under imminent threat from Hamas.

I have no issue with the way Israel view the abhorrent attack of Oct 7th (and previous attacks of course) and to take action to secure Israelis. And yes, I totally agree that if Israel did nothing (or very little) it would have been propaganda gold for Hamas.

The issue I have is the way Israel they are going about it to the detriment of so many innocent civilians. Proportionality is what is required.

The world is watching and the world is reacting. And as far I can see, most people see this campaign as just plain wrong. This campaign will likely drive more Palestinians into the Hamas recruiter's office.

And around and around we go...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,049 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

the links themselves prove you wrong as they are essentially hasbara propaganda.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Because it seemed to me thats what that poster meant and that they skirt around it by saying Israel. I'm basing this deduction on pages and pages of their posts, in which they steadily have revealed their support for Hamas, but of course, I could be wrong

"Can you maybe give some insight into why you support these psychopaths?

Family in Israel?

Friends with Israeli's?

Work for an Israeli company?"

I mean honestly, this rhetoric is disturbing

The reason Israel are killing so many civilians is because Hamas has been preparing for just such an event (which they deliberately provoked) by ensuring that civilians in Gaza are human shields for Hamas' soldiers. They've deliberately made it impossible for Israel to respond militarily without killing Palestinians.

Hamas even told a reporter that they wouldn't let civilians shelter in the tunnels, because those were for Hamas, not for civilians, and that the safety of civilians was not their problem. Even though they run the health centre, the education system and the justice system, being the actual government of Gaza.

That makes Hamas responsible for those deaths, more than Israel.

As for proportionality (apart from the fact that you're again using it in a general sense, not the legal sense in which it applies to military operations under international law) could you explain what would have been, in your view, a "proportional" attack for Israel to make in response to the Oct 7th attacks? Kidnap and murder some Palestinian children? Rape a few Palestinian women? Murder the equivalent number of entirely random Palestinians?

Or launch a military attack to try to remove Hamas from power, despite knowing that this will lead to many civilian deaths because Hamas is using them as human shields?

• Advertisement

I’m not say they treated them well. Don’t put words in my mouth. I said I haven’t seen Hamas being responsible for deaths in Israeli borders. Thanks to @Wolf359f i did just read that. However please provide reliable news sources like Reuters/bbc for your claims as I haven’t seen that.

as an aside, do you not think the method in which they shot three of their own is indicate of how they treat Palestinian civilians? Or do you think that’s ok?

LOL.

The Independent, the Telegraph and various other links cited in the Wikipedia article (did you even read it?) are all Hasbara propaganda are they?

Whereas your statements, backed up bu, err, nothing, are not propaganda??

Just, LOL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭GeminiLad

Let me ask you.

If your unborn child was cut from your wife's womb and shot in the head, while your wife watched. Then she was shot in the head. What would you do?

If your sister was gangraped by 8 men and then shot in the head while one of these scumbags were still inside her, then continued to rape her while she was dying. What would you do?

Israel strikes targets from the air. Hamas ensure women and children are in and around these targets.

Hamas shoot women in the head while they're filthy penis is still inside them.

It is completely different.

It shows that young men on the ground in a warzone in which many of their comrades have already been killed are likely to overreact when faced with three young men who might or might not be Israeli.

It was in a zone from which civilians had all fled - they hadn't seen any at all there for days, and while obviously they got it wrong, I don't think it shows anything much other than how easy armchair strategising is compared to being on the ground with your own life in play.

Absolutely I am.

The world over agree Hamas need eradicating.

The only country with the cajones to do it is Israel.

Took an international coalition to remove ISIS. Israel are doing this alone.

That was part of a firefight where mistakes can and do happen.

I don't recall any other country calling people in close vicinity to where they're going to strike and informing them of impending strike and asking them to leave the area.

That’s complete BS. But also indicative of your bias. There weren’t wearing tops. Waving a white flag, shouting in Hebrew. The IDF are trigger happy and appears to believe that principles of distinction don’t apply to them.

what about the sniper murdering a woman leaving a church to go to the bathroom. There is plenty evidence even if you don’t want to admit it

And then bomb the area they are going to.

I mean in most wars people aren’t confined to the space of Gaza either. Agree?

• Advertisement

What would I do. If you, my neighbour did all those things and lived in a neighbouring estate. Do I then have the right to annihilate that estate? No. Hamas does not equal all Palestinians civilians whether you like it or not.

also, with all due respect, Israeli forces and settlers have raped and murdered Palestinians. Innocent civilians. Israel have proven themselves time and time again to be capable of horrendous acts.

Advertisement