Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,925 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Well I never used Disney in the car and it's still there!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I'm on a hybrid version of 2023.44.1, and will probably be staying on it for a considerable while..... thanks to 'an issue' I had.....

The more the car gets updated, the further away it gets from the car I bought nearly 4 years ago, and that novelty has long since worn off... to the point where it's annoying now.

Also, as my car has had a few hard resets recently, I think it might be worth logging into Disney+ again just to make sure the fcukers know I've used it before if I ever decide to update again...

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

More confusion then.

Some have lost it and some didn’t I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Sligobuck

Looks like a couple of days delay on MY3 Highland deliveries to Ireland given that it now appears that Titus will not go through Suez given the escalation of attacks on shipping and will now transit around the Cape.

Titus left Singapore today so another month on the seas before she gets to Zebrugge to offload cars for Ireland.

Anyone expecting VIN's anytime soon should expect a delay before they are issued.

Posted by Akh141 on 2023 shipping movements:

🌞 8.60kWp PV System. Comprised of 6.2kWp @ 235° azimuth + 2.4kWp @ 145° azimuth, roof angle @ 35°, North Sligo 🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

I still have it. But I heard once you navigate to d+ on the browser it can reappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭lau1247

Yeah, that seems to be trick from the link

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭wassie

Had an interesting situation yesterday. I got my first 'strike' with the new 'Autopilot suspension' after the latest update. Apparently I have 4 left.

I do a lot of motorway driving and Autopilot has become hugely important for me as it seriously reduces driving fatigue. I use it properly (i.e. hands on the wheels) and have never received multiple warnings in short time periods. I would periodically get them because I don't like to move the wheel too much when Autopilot is engaged at high speed eg 120kmh.

But heading westward on the M4/M6 yesterday the car was getting buffeted heading into in the strong and gusting winds. Autopilot was handling the drive better than I could, but when I went to move the wheel for driver alert detection, even small movements were being exaggerated by the wind, causing the car to swerve slightly at high speed.

To counter this, my movements were being kept small as possible and as a result I kept getting warnings until I received a suspension. At the next break this popped up on my screen.

No idea either how long a strike lasts for. It does say the remainder of the trip but there are no further specifics. i.e. do you get less chances in the next trip if you have had them in the previous one? I'll do some googly of the interwebs and find out later.

Either way, I feel this latest update has certainly made Autopilot more sensitive than necessary given I have safely used this feature for 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I was just about to post very similar to this. I use a weight on the wheel for comfort when using AP, but my hand is usually resting on the wheel, or just below it on my knee. I stay alert and the only thing that takes my attention for a moment is when a notification pops up on my phone which is on the charging deck. I look to see if it's a message, or email, but I don't pick up the phone or check beyond the notification unless I am stopped, or parked.

Anyway, these warnings kept popping up whenever I looked down at the phone....literally a second later. They would also happen if I turned my head to look at the side mirrors. I got the same AP disengagement which only ever happened once before when I was overtaking some douche at speed. When I completed my journey, I got the same message about Beta and 4 warnings left.

I'll be covering up the internal camera, as it feels a bit creepy now. Not happy about the latest update. It took the enjoyment out of using AP today and I eventually blocked the camera by pulling the sun visor across it.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

This is getting very nannyish now. Haven't driven the car since the last update yet and this morning there was another update to .44.30.5.1. Hope they have figured out that the sensitivity was too much and have/will fix it soon.

They’ve already pulled the update from me… (have had it waiting to install for about 3-4 days, but had no intention of installing it, but it’s gone now…)

I really hope it’s been pulled because Autopilot is being too naggy… as if not, there’s not a hope in fcuking hell I’ll be installing any updates…

Autopilit/Autosteer is for me by far the cars best feature, and if they’ve ruined it then fcuk them, I’m buying a Kia (I drove an ICE Ce’ed over the summer and it’s autosteer and adaptive cruise control was excellent).

That's bonkers if the alert is tracking your face for any movement away from the road.

I've always had my internal camera covered as I don't like the thought of my kids being recorded.

I bought one of these webcam covers off Amazon not long after I got the car and never had any issues or notifications about it being covered.

I ordered one of the covers from Amazon earlier today. Arrives on Sunday.

The latest update is quite annoying and unnecessary.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

They pulled the update from my M3 after I downloaded 95% of it. Probably they figured it has some bugs.

Yeah, surprise surprise another big Tesla update (the ‘Holiday’ update) proves to be a fcuking sh1tshow again……

The fact that they can change the characteristics of the car so easily, and by so much is seriously turning me off the brand……

Software updates should only ever be bug fixes anyway, but it seems Tesla always tries to bite off more than it can chew by changing too much in the same update, and it ultimately becomes a sh1tfest….

I don’t think my next car will be a Tesla. And if you’d told me 3-6 months ago that I’d say that now, I’d have laughed my ass off at you calling you as mad as a box of frogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭sk8board

AP is a driver assistant, so surely it turning into more of a nanny is simply Tesla being forced to have to work like it should have all along?

Being able to cover the camera is in the news this week as a reason the US authorities won’t accept the recent s/w update Tesla did for the 2m vehicle ‘recall’, so that’s unlikely to be something that will be allowed for long.

This video covers it well. Video starts at relevant section

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Other manufacturers have caught up I suppose and when the entire SC network opens here then it will have lost it's usp.

I've been driving a Byd Atto 3 recently and it's autosteer and cruise control is far better than Tesla's. Automatically reengages autosteer when you change lane. Horrible interior though and I'm always happy to get back in my M3.

What I don't get is what's so different about autopilot that Tesla are being forced to do this?

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Beats me. The enhanced autopilot has the lane changing functionality but that's extra on 3. The free AP is actually somewhat more limited that the Nissan's ProPilot we had on the 2018 Leaf, and that system engaged automatically after lane change and did absolutely no tracking of the driver apart from torque sensor on the wheel. It even allowed you to drive fully without hands at touch and go traffic if the speed didn't exceed some limit (maybe 15 km/h).

• Advertisement

What I don't get is what's so different about autopilot that Tesla are being forced to do this?

It was a response to the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) directive following an investigation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Haven't had a chance to use the AP on motorways since the update a few days ago, but if it is as problematic as being reported then I hope will be sorted quickly. I have more or less stopped using it anyway on N roads, I find the pressure pulling down with my left hand (or right hand) to stop it bugging me is more tiring than having it turned off.

You would have never got any notifications before as it’s only in the recent update I’m sure.

I got one yesterday too. I was looking down at the cup holders.

Oh ya, I get that. What I meant was why is Tesla being treated different to other manufacturers. No other car I've driven with the same level of driver aids is as intrusive as these measures seem to be.

☀️

That was a good video.

The wipers update is welcomed (to turn off for AP). But still sounds like the auto-wiper still doesnt work well.

Just watched the latest video from Carwow, a Model 3 LR versus a Seal AWD. I expected the Seal to well beat the Model 3, but I suppose it is a good bit heavier..

The front of the new M3 is seriously ugly. Love the rear, I've always been an ass man though.

☀️

Yea, I am not sure about the front of the new one, not as Porsche like as the old one..😋

But more aerodynamic

I wonder if BYD have any performance version up their sleeves?

Add AB to the LR of the M3 would make it interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ah the front looks much nicer than the older model imo. I mean neither are particularly gorgeous at the front but the sleeker look is an improvement.

Advertisement