Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much does a car dealer pay car buyers for the adverts?

• 21-12-2023 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭LastFridayNight

Am thinking of a new car next year. I’d like to factor car dealer advertising in the price negotiations. Just looking for advice.

Am specifically wondering about the dealer branded reg plate holders, and rear car window stickers: I see a lot of motorists have these on advertising the dealers they bought the car from. So can anyone share what the going rate is for keeping those adverts on the car? if I was to expect 500 euro discount of a 50k car in exchange for keeping the dealer advertised for a year does that sound reasonable?

/s

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Ha ha. Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭bladespin

Worht a try lol.

The plate holder and window sticker are fitted by the dealer, you can take them off if you like.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Let us know how your negotiations go. Might I recommend The Art of the Deal by an up and coming author called D. Trump

Or, just do what I do and ask them not to put stickers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I currently get €970 per year from a dealer but in addition to the number plates and tax disc holders, my headlights also project the dealers logo. Makes getting bulbs a pain but in fairness the dealer does give me a discount on those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I got a 5k discount from Alfa Romeo for advertising their badge on the front and rear on the car. Only got 250 though for the one on the steering wheel and 50 each for the wheel caps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

OP don’t forget the tax disc holder too, thats another €200 off surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

HAHAHAHA! You can't be serious. Be thankful your getting free number plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭gipi

Free number plates? Have you never heard of "delivery and related charges"?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Buffman

Normally the dealer plates or surrounds are the first to go for me. Was not impressed with the last one I went to change and found they had just tek screwed both plates and surrounds on through the metal body work on the rear (SUV boot door) and the 4 holes were already going rusty. Same on the front except it was on plastic bumper luckily but still a mess.

Wasn't a brand new motor and was a fresh UK import out of manufactures warranty. If it was new, I'd have been going back looking for a full repair and written confirmation that them drilling holes in the car will not invalidate the manufactures warranty, especially the corrosion warranty which is normally long enough.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't forget the dealer embossed key rings, company headed paper used for the receipt/invoice, next service due windscreen sticker and disposable paper floor mat protectors. 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't really mind it too much once there's not stickering placed on the bodywork or placed on the back window at a position to obstruct the view.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 3 Owls in a Coat

It’s pennies relative to the price of the. If you start going on about tax disc holders and the sales man card in the service book, they’ll think you’re a nut and won’t sell you the car. If it’s a new car, the margin for the dealer is tiny. The only real bargaining room from a dealer forecourt is on something they are absolutely married to and can’t move.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a broken plate surround a couple of years after I'd bought the car, and they were happy to give me a replacement. And I was happy for a freebie. Their surround didn't look bad so went with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭goochy

having a main dealer or good used car dealers branding on your vehicle can be good for resale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Maybe I could try ask Michelin for some tyres gratis in exchange for the free advertising. The Chinese yokes currently on are a bit slippy this time of year.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Not really.

I know I'd much rather be looking a mercedes that came to its current owner via a main dealer than one that was bought from a portacabin on Naas Road.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• The poster mentioned stickers and a number plate. A car could be sold 50 times and neither of these are changed.

id much rather buy on condition not stickers

Of course a car could have been sold numerous times since the dealer stickers were put on but its all about perception and it just looks better to see where car originated from . If i see say a Beshoff motors logo on a vehicle it actually gives the vehicle extra prestige.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Obviously condition but it's easy enough to verify where the person bought so great to see main dealer or reputable indy sticker when you arrive at a car as opposed to as sticker from dumb and dumber motors based out of a portaloo at the back of a Portacabin.... where you can be sure the only equipment they have is a laptop for altering mileage.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Can't believe it!!

Just came back to my brand new Range Rover tonight and some sh1te has only gone and stolen my number plate surrounds!? I won't name the dealer as they said if any police involved, I'd never see them again.

When my insurance hear, I'm a dead man. Can't see Land Rover coughing up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Speedline

Dealer sticker is the first thing to go. Especially this godawful yellow yoke. https://photos.app.goo.gl/DV9zFFroArcdWSjP8

Best car dealer in UK !!

Advertisement