Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today FM Megathread Mod warning post #1 / #1401

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

Paula is too much for me. She would fit in much better on a youth station where you would expect some of the presenters to be hyper and excitable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The “Goooooooooooood luck!” thing she does for the cash machine melts my brain. She’s very very hard on the ears imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Foley back thankfully. Was sick yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭fire_man

What do you think of the format on The last word with the news and sport.Matt promts the news reader on each topic.The six at six etc.

Seems a bit tedious to me.Just read the news!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its awful.

They obviously thought it was a clever idea to begin with, a new way of doing it.

But now it's just so slow. The newsreader reads them out without Matt at 5pm doesn't he? Or is that the 430pm news I'm thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’m sure there’s no prep in the show at all. 2.5 hours in out and done.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Ya not sure.I only tune in from time to time.The last word has gone a bit stale for me.Enjoy the sports on Friday evening from 6 to 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭murt101

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭murt101

I like this format, a bit different and more conversational. Sometimes the questions lends a bit more context to just reading out the news.

I listen to radio all day long so by the time the Last Word starts I've heard the news multiple times already so maybe that's why I like this format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Would explain why they repeat themselves so much, use so many sound effects, and why there's dead air apart from the backing track so frequently on that show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

When your main thing is playing or making irritating noises and acting like a large man child I'm not sure there'd need to be much prep. Just sayin.

Today Fm are playing non-stop Christmas music from tomorrow. Who in that station is so in love with Christmas that they started playing songs in November and are now going full-on Christmas for a week?

"Playing the music we tell you you want to hear".

When we aren't talking about the Cash Machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Thanks for the warning. By the way someone recommended their 80s show on a Friday night. Was driving late on the Friday just gone and really enjoyed it.

Will be avoiding today FM this week so between 24/7 cash machine nonsense and Christmas songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's turning into an absolute joke of a station

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Don't mind the Christmas songs to be honest. Beats Katy Perry and Cian Ducrot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Probably says a lot about me that I’ve no idea who Cian Ducrot even is. A couple of songs an hour before Christmas is fine but the entire playlist?? Isn’t there a Christmas FM for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Googly12

Is it just me that cannot stand Quilty? Everything he says is so cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Quilty is all about Foley and building him up,maybe he should concentrate on his own show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Can't beat sitting around the kitchen table with kids in the morning having the breakfast. Bit of light hearted stuff on Ian's show. Easy listening, bit of fun with the Waffle game, everyone shouting out answers.

Oh it's 7:45am, time for the ads, ah, an ad about erectile disfunction, well isn't this festive. Question time from the kids...love it.

Post edited by De Bhál on

I see they are still playing the censored version of their hero Shane MacGowans great Xmas hit.

Don't play it at all if you are going to self censor his work.

Ah here, no block rocking beats. Was looking forward to it, but all there is is Christmas songs ffs. 80s show on at 10 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I saw Dec post on Instagram last week that last week’s show was the last of 2023. I reckon the policy makers in there want the Xmas music 24-7 to not be interrupted. Guaranteed though by 7am on St. Stephen’s day, Xmas will be over on Today FM and it’ll be quickly onto the next Bauer media / GoLoud gimmick.

Steve K presents it. It just started, and it's all 80s Xmas songs tonight too 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tonywhest

We actually got off very lightly here in ireland, in some other countries, Bauer do this 100% christmas music thing on Today Fm equivalents from Mid November😫.... There was an interview with Ian Dempaey in one of the papers a few days ago and he said that up untill about 2010 he got to pick almost all the music played on his show himself.

• Advertisement

Ya when block rocking beats wasn't on turned it straight off.

Only so many times a day you can listen to band aid!

Advertisement