Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So "X" - nothing to see here. Elon's in control - Part XXX **Threadbans in OP**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

In this case, the actual stupidity was built by Virgin. So it's just billionaires being stupid as **** in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,510 ✭✭✭jmreire

Is it standard practice with X to block its members under the pretext that they are checking for AI generated accounts, and want to check if you are real?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

No. Bot accounts get scrubbed. AI generated self populating accounts don't exist without human intervention.

Well, I got blocked on "X", they said that they wanted to run a program (they even named it, but I've forgotten) to prove that I was not a bot. They provided a link and said " to begin, click on the link..." which is why I'm asking these questions. Has anyone else gotten anything like this?

What did you do? You tickled somebody the wrong way on X and that's pretty hard.

I think you account got hijacked. I lost my original account someone got in and changed my passwords etc, never managed to get it back.

• Advertisement

LOL, Well, I've no intention of clicking on the supplied link, for sure. But in my time on "X", I remember other posters saying that they knew posters that had been blocked for expressing opinions at a variance to Musks. And there is plenty of talk about "X" being very discriminatory when it comes to pro Ukrainian poste.

Ahh no...pro Ukraine won't get you cancelled nor will pro Russian that's the beauty of X.

I haven't taken any side in either Israel or Russia on X...

You can disagree with Musk all you want and nothing will happen. Only Irish people that's gonna feel his wrath is Mehole, Leo, Donnelly, Harris and McEntee and rightly so. Irish twitter files are coming and I can't wait to see these plebs buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You can disagree with Musk all you want and nothing will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Interesting read. They had a chance to steal a march on the big players but squandered it on short-termism to make money from shares. Ford, Mercedes, VW etc we’re always going to reel them in by their sheer size and networks. But Tesla could have been part of joint ventures etc with them and been integral to the automotive world.

What have Tesla got going for them now? Not a luxury car, not a well built car, not a cheap car, limited dealer network, treat customers like dirt and associated so closely with a man child racist. I don’t think they’re finished but it’s not looking good.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

If you're posting than from an iPhone you've a lot to learn.

VW, Mercedes, Ford are in trouble. No fault of their own but libtard states like California and crazy blocks like the EU and it's rules are killing their business.

Can you show one example of where Elon has been racist? And while your at it, what's a racist. I bet you've been a racist at some point.

Tesla is crushing it on Volume sales of EV's.

• Advertisement

Elon Musk relies on Saudi money and anyone signed up with a verified has their details logged and stored by the Israeli government.

The richest man in the world is bought and sold for.

The joys of capitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭timetogo1

It was in the news later that day that twitter had been down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

Thanks man. I really needed a laugh. That hit the spot nicely 😂😂

Merry Winter Festival to you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It was Musk that used the hyperloop to campaign against funding of public transport though, a fairly despicable tactic.

In Europe, VW have sold more EVs than Tesla. On top of that, you have the likes of Byd entering the European market so Tesla is gonna get hit heavily by that. Meanwhile the likes of the cyber truck is unlikely to even sell in Europe due to safety concerns...

Tesla were very much so top dog in EV sales and still tend to be number one in the US. But they're gonna be facing much larger EV competition in the next year or two. Recalls and reliability reports are working against them too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Worth pointing out that much of American public infrastructure is falling apart - literally. 3 year old video so perhaps Biden has tried arresting it but I'm not getting the sense the worst of the problem has been fixed.

Musk's tactics just hasten problems he could fix - again, instead choosing to fúck the planet he claimed he wanted to save.

Yes, I saw that, but seeing as I got a msg from them blocking my account, the downtime came after I was blocked, so I was unaware of it. Ah, well...time to look for something else!!! I could set up a new account, but that would mean creating a whole new me, and that's just not worth the bother.

Well, if you want to try expressing a pro Ukraine, anti-Russian opinion on X, be my guest!!! LOL. For sheer pro-Russian propaganda, it's hard to beat X in my experience anyway. In any case, have you heard of many posters being blocked on X?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Musk doesn't want to put out the fire. He wants to lock the government into contracts and grants for Musk's fire engines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So cruel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

For sure. But there was that hot minute of his pomp when he sold a good game. And you could believe it too.

Now, he runs a company that openly OKs abuse and prejudice. It's all there in the content moderation manual; I think it was shared before but does bare repeating given how exacting the supposed "free speech" angle now is.

Elon Musk’s X has instructed staff not to suspend users that post explicitly racist, sexist and homophobic content, or who send sexual material to another person, as part of a new policy that has radically stripped back the company’s moderation of abusive material.

Among the examples of a post that is no longer subject to the same level of enforcement action is: “The next stop on our Poland tour is Auschwitz. Jews this is your last top. Please get off here and take all your luggage with you.”

No longer subject to the same level of enforcement are:

• unsolicited sexual posts sent to another user

• posts that deny violent events such as the Holocaust

• posts that refer to specific slurs for black, white and gay people

• posts that harass another user by sending a picture of Adolf Hitler

• posts that reference mass murder

• posts that call for the denial of support to the business of a protected category

• posts that remove human characteristics or deprives groups or individuals of human qualities.

The changes have been made as part of X’s “Freedom of Speech, Not Reach” policy, which was announced by the company in April.

Training documents show how moderators are told not to take action to get these posts removed from X, but instead to make them “less discoverable” for users.

Kinda hard to do that when Twitter Blue ensures these bots and trolls get easy prominence through their subscription.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭francois

Merry Xmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Musk is going to have to put in some serious PR to make the world forget that he's a ****. Bill Gates sort of managed it though, so maybe there's hope for him.

I’ve a few blue sky invite codes if anyone wants one. PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Musk loses anothe court case

Elon Musk's X fails to block California's content moderation law

Dec 28 (Reuters) - Elon Musk's X on Thursday failed to block a California state law that requires social media companies to publicly disclose how they moderate certain content on their platforms.

X, formerly known as Twitter, in September sued California to undo the content moderation law, saying the law violated its free speech rights under the U.S. Constitution's First Amendment and California's state constitution.

The law requires social media companies with a sizable gross annual revenue to issue semiannual reports that describe their content moderation practices, and provide data on the number of objectionable posts and how they were addressed.

U.S. District Judge William Shubb in an eight-page decision dismissed the social media company's request.

"While the reporting requirement does appear to place a substantial compliance burden on social medial companies, it does not appear that the requirement is unjustified or unduly burdensome within the context of First Amendment law," Shubb wrote.

X did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.reuters.com/sustainability/society-equity/elon-musks-x-fails-block-californias-content-moderation-law-2023-12-29/

I do love that California basically match or even surpass EU policies much of the time. Guess Musk will have to remove Twitter in the EU and an individual state. 🤣

Big, hearty ha-ha; presumably Twitter concerned that these reports are gonna, by default, show the company as enabling abuse and hate speech rather than combatting it - further eroding trust, competence and visibility as a useful tool for advertisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not just hate speech and abuse it took them days to take down pretty much a snuff film of the murder of an Irish gangland figure on Christmas Eve that was reported to them and it shared thousands of times before they took it down and screen shots of that were used by lots of proper media outlets.

I doubt any advertsers want there ads above or below those kind of videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 boredyooser

He's a bit crazy.

But give me him over Jeff Bezos anyway, who has hoovered up the world's disposable income to spend it on a gargantuan mid life crisis, with dumping his wife for a minor zelebrity, his superduperwhooper yatch and self aggrandising penis rocket.

Never mind others on the list.

When he is long gone, if he gets us to Mars, I think we can say that he contributed to human civilisation and advancement.

Genius is close to madness. Crack eggs to make omelettes and all that.

Most of history's greatest artists and musicians died in poverty of an STI, only for somebody 200 years later to recognise their genius.

If nothing else, he is entertaining.

Advertisement