Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Congrats on your purchase btw, did you go to Frank Keane in the end?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Are those figures including December 2023 sales?

So 12 months 2022 V 11 months 2023?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

My local dealer said they sold very few GTX and he doesn't expect many sales in the future- you've got a great deal as they had the right car in stock, well done.

I think the new 77Kwh Pro Plus at 45k - with 286bhp and almost all the spec most people would want inc matrix headlights, acc, rear camera, 19in alloys, privacy and met paint included is the best value EV on the market, and indeed potentially the best value new car of any sort on the market at the moment. It clear aside from the new motor, this facelift has all being about fixing the gremlins that the early cars had. If VW can make money at that level then its going to be a home-run for them, especially as they have very strong diesel and petrol lineups.

Yes you can get a faster smaller Model 3 for less but who cares for 0-100km faster than 6.7s? Model Y is dearer and has less range and Tesla force you to become a used car salesman. The Seal or Polestar are a lot dearer and less practical. Ioniq 5 and EV6 are looking like they are 5k to 10k overpriced. MG5 styling isn't going to worry VW. Mustang isn't marketed at all. Stelantis and Renault have got it wrong with the dismal ranges/ small batteries. Nissan Ariya is as overpriced as it's overweight. The premium BMW/ Mercedes/ Audi's asking 90k won't be busy once the new money lads get the orders in.

At this price point they will compare well with buying a Tiguan diesel and running over 3 years- yes the Tiguan is likely to hold the value better but the ID4 will be cheaper to run for many consumers. Folks like the 30% who rent or live in apartments, or houses without on street parking etc, and find it hard to charge at home - or drive longer distances and don't want to be bothered with the dance involved in public charging, can still happily run an economical diesel. VW have decent cheaper SUV's for those that want them- sales are very strong as lots of folks that want the traditional car too.

I've never driven a GTX but I think the new motor with 286bhp all the time sounds like a much better offering than the old 300bhp GTX available only when the stars align.

Mass market now doesn't extend indefinitely in price and clearly VW brand is the vw group mass market car now. Skoda and cupra are not cheaper at all. Although the Enyaq blows away id4 in my opinion and cupra born does the same to id3. VW have to be realistic about what they are offering these days, their EV cars are not class leading in either interior quality not infotainment setup but they have a strong brand but need to price accordingly. I have a vw group car and so does my father, so I am a fan of the group but maybe not the vw brand now.

For what it's worth, Frank Keane have a Touareg R PHEV with a 3 litre engine in their showroom its about the nicest looking SUV I have seen inside and out, it's an absolute beauty. Although at 125k it would want to be. Blows away anything I have seen from BMW and even Audi. So they can design cars well. The Arteon R Line or whatever they call it they had is also nicer looking than any EV out there. A more realistic 55 or 60k that one. But absolutely stunning. If it looked like that and was an EV they would already have my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

I did thanks for your advice 🙏

• Advertisement

Cupra Born is a nice looking thing, but targeted at a younger market who like bronze. Skoda aren't pushing EV's yet- the Enyaq apparently got a 6500 reduction which brings the Sportline under the grant at 56500 on the road, but that's a good 10 grand more than the ID4, and base versions are a bit plain. Skoda offer good value with some cars- the Octavia is nice bit cheaper yet a lot bigger than the Golf, but they will have a poor 2024 with the Kodak and Superb not getting here in numbers till 242

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

agreed - The Arteon R-line is the best looking vehicle VW make, and had been since the day they (sensibly) changed from the Passat CC.

Ive always wondered why anyone in their right mind would buy a passenger Touareg! Find me a faster depreciating vehicle over €100k

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Wow, didn’t understand all the pricing talk until you see it in the latest figure. 45k pre any dealer discount for a brand new 241, 286bhp pro plus model with a lot of the gremlins worked out. That actually makes a 22 gtx at 40k look a little overpriced if anything, seemed a lot of car for the money a month ago. Now the fact it’s 2 years old but will still depreciate like a new one due to the new pricing makes new a much better option. Any non GTX 23 model with 200bhp selling for more than 30k will be a nightmare to shift for dealers. Basically every delayer on Carzone chancing their arms currently in pricing trying to catch the odd person out before the new pricing gets fully out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

What do ye reckon will happen here?

people with id 4’s already will trade in due to the low prices

no Id 4 owners will trade in due to the bad trade in price they will get

more people will simply just buy a new id 4 that don’t currently have an EV due to good price.

or a mixture of them all 🤪

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Prices went up in late 22 and 23. People who bought before that aren’t really affected

look at cost to Change that’s all that matters. Low trade in + 10k for a low price car or high trade in + 10k for a high price car

• Advertisement

If they are reporters in the Indo they’ll bleat in about how it’s terrible and something should be done, but anyone who bought an EV for the large prices for the right reasons and wants to change, should end up with the samish cost to change as they would have had. They may have expected their 55k unit to be worth 40 2 years later against a new 55k unit, now it’s work 30k against a better 45k one, so their math is the same.

if they hoped to change to something else or sell it on, not so much, but anyone buying a car for that should know a lot better.

the issue for the market is all the second hand ones or nearly new ones dealers are stuck with which cost them more than they are worth, they’ll try to hold them at higher prices forever. Same thing as bmw. Merc and audi dealers did back in the day when you could import for 10k less than they were selling. Until they all joined in too. So people go to trade are offered 30k, but they get offended because the dealers has 5 on carzone for 6 month for 37k trying to catch a sucker. So they try to sell second hand and get offered max 25k after 3 months, so go back to the dealer who is now offering 25k too.

they are not really any worse off but they feel it greatly.

for everyone else the VWs are now a compelling option at those prices and increased power etc, would be nice to see a 4WD option outside of the gtx here now also at that power level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If they put a 2.0 tsi in the phev Arteon putting out power similar to bmw 330e, I would have gone for one too. The engine line up is a joke though. 150 bhp diesel being the main seller.

Price just gets stupid then when you want 200.bhp diesel when really that's entry level in that standard of car now.

The 1.4 in the phev doesn't do it for me at all.

They did a 280bhp/270bhp 2.0 TSI. Also did an Arteon R. Unfortunately our VRT gods put an end to them. The 150bhp drives well but agree it needs the 200bhp but spec’d up the it’s 70k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭John arse

How much have they reduced by roughly?- seem to remember them being crazy expensive and now good value but will the other companies follow suit I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭PaulRyan97

The new Passat can be had as a PHEV estate, uses the 1.5tsi, total output either 204bhp or 268bhp. Only problem is they won't sell it here.

The new Tiguan with the same powertrain will be sold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Both the updated prices for pre refresh models and refresh models are updated on the VW main website. Still can't access configurator to place an order for the refresh version. I have provisionally ordered a 241 ID4 Life Pro Dx for €44k - our current situ means we need the car now rather than being able to wait.

77kWh Battery: 520km - 548km WLTP Range -Refresh Model Prices

Tax HP Km Power Gross Net Delivery Final

ID.4 PRO 77 Electric / 2WD Auto A €120 286 548 16.1 0 €47,990 €41,565 €1,350 €42,915

ID.4 PRO PLUS 77 Electric / 2WD Auto A €120 286 542 16.3 0 €48,990 €44,005 €1,350 €45,355

ID.4 GTX 77 Electric / 4WD Auto A €120 340 520 16.9 0 €65,195 €65,195 €1,350 €66,545

77kWh Battery: 510km - 525km WLTP Range - Pre Refresh Model Prices

Tax HP Km Power Gross € Final

ID.4 LIFE 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 174 525 16.7 0 €47,990 €45,065

ID.4 LIFE DX 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 174 524 16.8 0 €47,990 €45,065

ID.4 BUSINESS 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 174 524 16.8 0 €47,990 €45,065

ID.4 STYLE 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 174 518 16.8 0 €48,990 €46,525

ID.4 FAMILY 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 174 518 16.8 0 €48,990 €46,525

ID.4 Tech 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 204 513 17.2 0 €48,990 €46,525

ID.4 Max 77 Electric / Single-Speed Auto A €120 204 510 17.3 0 €48,990 €46,525

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

Which of the older model names is the pro plus most aligned with spec wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Was trying to work that out, it does look closest but it looks like the ‘pro plus’ has all the key features of other packages too to make it a pretty good spec? I.e the new bigger screen system etc, and the pro and pro plus get the heat/sound insulating glass all around as standard. They’ve made it really hard to check it against the old specs, but the better range, way more power etc makes it look properly enhanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ariya can be had from 43 now, that’s also had a reduction.

Skoda will probably overtake VW in Ireland in 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Yep, with a 20k reduction (including grant) it can somewhat compete with MY but when it was 61k and 174hp it was a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you actually get one in Ireland though? There's one local to me and other than that one I've only seen one other on the road.

In which sectors Mark? ICE? They haven't really got the EV offerings yet do they? Enyaq needs a price drop to compete with id4 and they don't have an id3 competitor yet in the 35-37k range

Or do you know something we don't?

Keep the videos coming by the way they're very good

This has probably been posted as it’s 3 months old, but nice few bits in this video on the new version. Seeing the zippy performance and new software in action is cool, as is the mention of over the air updates. we have a large estate and a small EV, current plan is a couple of years old new version of the estate petrol phev with about 100km range and 300bhp. Hard to give up on the ‘best of both worlds’ that gives you, but these kind of 2nd generation updates to EVs make it an interesting option

https://youtu.be/tgb-I6ENHsY?si=LgWWgJiSAYr9rXH-

Yeah there’s production available these days I’m told.

Skoda - overall market share. Not a given but highly likely.

These new prices on ID.4 are great to see though!

It’s still overpriced as 43k gets you the small battery - 56k inc met on the road for the big battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

No real price change there for Nissan when you poke a little deeper at it. New stripped down offering at 43k with virtually no kit.

• Advertisement

Need to get up a 2024 ID4 video! Give it a specific few minutes on whether to change a 21 leaf to one, or whether it’s properly competitive now against a 2022 530e estate!

Advertisement