Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The kid Allie Sherlock… yep, she’s a young person taking a certain young cohort of music fans by storm, all over social media, very carefully managed by her Dad 😶‍🌫️… I check her website to find she is now requesting ‘financial donations’.. from the public / fans…. So you give your card details, donate X amount of cash…. Do you get to download a couple of songs ? Erm, one song ? How about a T-Shirt ? Or a poxy lanyard ? Nope, you just get to say that you gave away some of your money to a person, who wants it. Shît… she’s calling it a ‘tip’….

she is supposedly already a millionaire if you are to believe several entertainment sources, she’s wealthy seriously wealthy anyway but nickel and dimeing people without offering so much as anything in return ? The state of her and her auld fella seriously…

she’s signed to a record label, let them bankroll her… expecting fans to give her money, without her offering a single song ? Ermm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Youtube again!

Changed browser to Brave as a better way of getting rid of adverts than the chrome extension I was using.

The result even after importing settings from Chrome is that I have all the crap I assiduously avoid back again.

I then made the BIG mistake of clicking on just one video about diet :-( OMG the youtube algorithm now thinks all I want to view are quack doctors telling me 57 things I should do, shouldn't do, must eat, mustn't eat, vitamins I need to eat and vitamins I am wasting my money on. Neither do I want to unclog my colon although it would be great if the youtube algorithm could unclog itself and come up with a couple of decent suggestions.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I see lots of deliveroo cyclists when i'm driving around, and they have no lights or reflective gear/lights, but also weaving in and out of traffic. I know people like their food hot, but i wouldn't risk my life for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

If i hear Felice Navidad one more time my head is going to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was just singing it in my head , if you can't beat them, join them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm like an absolute demon today. Trying to prep 8 kilos of roast potatoes and make a vat of cranberry sauce while my dad basically just stands in whatever part of the kitchen I need to access.

Can't find two Christmas presents I bought months ago. Managed to source an emergency replacement for one, but it's a bit shít. Can't get anything to replace the other.

My coldsore looks and feels like my unborn twin is finally making a break for freedom.

I want a bath but my sister has been "about to" wash the dog for about an hour now.

I'm tired, pissed off and don't feel a bit Christmassy. Think I'll just go and hide in my room for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Mature men calling each other "bud".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, mentioned this before. Deliveroo should be called out over this and all the bullshit where the cyclists are not employees of deliveroo. Blah blah blah.

If any other company had their workers breaking the law and risking their health and the public's health, they would be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, I love my mother dearly but there's a very good chance she won't live to see the new year if she doesn't give the Dermot Kennedy a rest...

• Advertisement

Christmas week, yet…..All the little ‘bros’ walking around the local shopping center just 100% bet into their phones with those stupid little muppet grins brushing up against you, blocking you and walking into you and just being generally little cûnty bôllocks selfish annoyances… absolute state of them. Put your phones away and be aware of what is going on around you / who is around you.

Secondly, said shopping centre, at all of the benches, half of each bench is taken up by big gigantic 7 ft tall polar bears or snowmen sitting there…. So good luck and fûck you to anyone with a mobility issue, any health issue or elderly person who might be glad of a sit down for ten minutes… you are in competition for that much needed seat with about 5 times the number of people being Christmas AND a massive fat fûck polar bear or snowman… im sure there are other ways with which to decorate the centre and get in the Christmas spirit without this **** of taking up seats with inanimate objects in a packed, busiest time of the year shopping centre.… 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Lost a stone in weight from stress. My clothes don't fit me.

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Irish Times ePaper. If viewing via article list (as opposed to a scanned page), loads of the features (especially opinion pieces) don't have the author's name.

If you want to find out, you have to re-launch it and scroll through the scanned pages until you find the one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Got a txt earlier from bank to say they put a hold on my visa card , for a transaction. If the transaction is correct reply with "this" if the transaction is not correct reply with "this"

Now the amount and shop is actually correct, but there's so many spams I'm really reluctant to reply with anything.

I'll check online tmw once the overnight batches have run.

Credit card is also acting up for online transactions prior to this (it is fully paid) ....the universe is giving me a hint!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was watching the Netflix in bed this morning when my phone rang, with a Dublin number which my phone decided was probably a scam number, so I didn't answer. As the ringing stopped, my landline immediately started ringing (which surprised me because I forget that I still have it) and it was the same Dublin number. Because of that, I decided it must be a real call.

It was an automated message, warning me of a potentially dodgy transaction on my debit card. The previous evening, I ordered something on a Spanish website that I hadn't used before. The call had identified itself as the bank with enough information to show they were legit, and asking for the barest information to prove that I was the correct person (with the information I gave not being enough to be helpful to a scammer). I gave the go-ahead to proceed with the transaction.

With me receiving the two phone calls to two devices, while trying to use my mobile to pause the programme I was watching, I hadn't realised that they had also texted me to tell them whether it was a legitimate transaction or not. The whole thing was slightly annoying, but good to know that they're looking out for unusual transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I enjoyed playing a game called ballsort on my mislaid iPhone. TA is I was on level 115 or something. But when I installed it on a different phone I have play every level again. No way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I've gotten phone calls before that were legit, just never txts.

It was a shop I've gone into numerous times (last time being last Saturday)and only 12 euro , so I'm not sure what flagged it....also I had just used it in a shop that's beside it.

It's a pain in the hole as I can't hear on a phone so I have to get someone to ring for me, which means giving them my details

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

i was taking Toby the Jack Russell for his Christmas Eve morning beach walkies until the wind and rain started picking up a bit about halfway down to the beach. Toby stopped and refused to go any further. He then started pulling on the lead like crazy in the direction home. Once I got him back home he was all happy again. I think he’s a bit too used to his home comforts for his own good. Once I had him cleaned up he jumped up on the sofa and went right under his woolly blanket for the warmth. Also, at this time of year my back yard always resembles a muddy swamp in The Everglades. It’s an ordeal having to clean Toby’s paws every time he comes in from the back. Despite all that I still love the little fella to bits 🐶

Felt unwell last night, thought it weird that I was constantly thirsty and drinking water like I’d spent a month in the Sahara… Must have had about 6 litres of liquids. shopping is done so I don’t need to be anywhere today… doesn’t feel like it will be anymore then a 24 hour thing.

Let’s just say there is a takeaway that I used yesterday which I am never going to return to, it’s not my usual but circumstances had me situated nearby…. And I allowed myself be influenced because “ hey it’s not busy and the LK ( usual takeaway ) will be packed, come on “

An awful lot to be said for sticking with the old reliables, what you know and like and what has served us well for more than a decade…even if it’s busy and you end up waiting, that’s a good sign….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

That's the thing, if you hit them with your car then you're to blame but the way i've seen them weave in between traffic and pass red lights without and reflecting gear on is astounding

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

That shopping centre smurf thing pictured above will be in my nightmares.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The tv blurb for the film ‘Deck the Halls’, a film reviewer mentioned it during the week and said the same thing.

They claim it’s a film about 2 neighbours getting competitive with lights and decorations on their houses but, after watching the film, it’s not. One guy covers his house in lights and crap and the other guy doesn’t like it and tries to ruin it.

There is an English film from 2004 called ‘Christmas Lights’ that has 2 neighbours trying to “outdo” each other with lights, and the like, if anyone actually wants that. It’s not great but it’s not the worst.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I've just come across an extension of another of my regular Trivial Annoyances.

Packaging that wastes space by being much larger than the product.

I'm facing that now when having a tool sort out. I've several really good Bahco socket sets. The boxes are really nice but I have a shortage of storage space and the boxes are at least three times deeper than they need to be. Many of my power tools come in really nice fitted boxes but I can often fit 3 tools into the box that one comes in, another massive waste of space.

And don't set me off on Amazon packaging, expensive items that need the protection of a large box often come in paper bags and cheap small items you could easily fit in an envelope can come in a box bigger than a Christmas Box of Tayto Crisps.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

Lost one glove but still have the other glove.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pub opening hours tonight. **** put it up on the door and not leave us guessing

The social media Christmas matching Pajamas brigade

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Middle lane morons on the motorway.

We may as well have never built anything beyond dual carriageways from how a significant number of people seem to think it's acceptable to cruise at 100kmh (or even less) in the middle lane of the motorway while the leftmost lane remains almost unused 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I ate one of those Portuguese custard tartlets... immediately after chopping garlic. I hadn't yet washed my hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

More than trivial...

Have a friend whose baby has an incurable illness so is going to die within days.

Also have a family member who has been given months to live.

Christmas cheer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Funny enough I saw a youtuber 'wings of pegasus' a fella who really analyses and breaks down music with tech and know how etc. Only a couple of days ago.

Anyway he pointed out how Allie Sherlock (he did not know of her before the video he saw) was very manufactured and stage managed.

She is so stage managed she now autotunes herself, while trying to look 'casual' singing at home. That seems to be the the new internet singing fashion. To appear casual/effortless when you are not. TLDR she mimes along to the song she redid with edits/autotune etc.

It annoyed me a bit to be honest because of the autotune stuff itself, but how nowadays any singer can sound 'perfect' and can stage the whole thing. Basically I don't trust anything now, unless it was obviously live.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement