Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Image if it was a Paddy Power or Boylesports ad instead of the Lotto. There would be national outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The sky ad for a league of their own. Jamie redknapp C U N Tuesday and that Georgie strong man with the face painted and the rest of the tosspots.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭squonk

Not to also forget the “Christmas is a fest of football” or some such drivel with footballs falling like snow. In general I wish Sky would pi$$ off. Their adverts are a pile of steaming shíte in general. Instead of having the desired effect of making me buy a subscription, it’s just reinforcing my desire to never have a subscription with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Dunnes Stores ad that has two christmast tree ornaments, a santa and a unicorn talking about little (? Sean) helping his dad peel the carrots, its beyond pathetic, there's only two (desperate) lines in it, my grandkids could have done a better job of reading them.

Post edited by looksee on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,789 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Ronan Keating in the Rockshore ad is just weird. Are they trying to appeal to middle aged women who fancied him in the Boyzone days? I can’t imagine him having a few pints.

• Advertisement

Been watching Drop The Dead Donkey on Channel 4 app the last while. Any comedy is ruined by those Coors ads just before with the 3-4 smug cnuts arriving on bears or the gobshíte that arrives on an eagle. You then see them horsing into the coors like there’s no tomorrow. Sad ba$t*rds! Not only are they insufferable smug cnuts but they have f-all taste in beer along with it. I really don’t know how Coors think this crap American advertising is in anyway appealing this side of the pond. I have a high opinion of Coors before in saw these ads but I’d sooner drink my own pi$$ than Coors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The Ariel Pods advert with the dogs getting dirty. wtf are you supposed to put the dog in the washing machine?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Any ad with that hideous Vogue Williams, eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

So the KFC ad with the bride has been banned. Good, it was a shite ad.

Looks like VeriSure are in a race to the bottom with themselves for the most annoying security ad. Hot on the heals of the bints in tge cinema comes the 3 yobs hanging out at they’d mates new house. “You keeping it safe?” said nobody ever on being over at they’d mates new gaff. What’s the point of ads that are so stupid and annoying they actually put punters off the product?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Photobox

100% dreadful ad, and no way would they have it the other way round. As a matter of interest why was it banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,010 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'm sorry for their loss, but I'm sick of seeing the miserable ad about drunk driving and its potential consequences. I'm sure people know the one, it's been on at Christmas for the last number of years. Way to suck all happiness you might have been feeling at the time. I ####### hate it, I change the channel every time it comes on. Is this going to be a holiday tradition forever more?

I've no time for her, haven't and won't be buying any Fairy products anytime soon. On a tangent, I've bought Rockshore the odd time when I've been stuck. Won't be buying that either now that ronan keating is being paid by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Because two people are sharing a meal that's intended for more than two.....Seriously 🙄. Some healthy eating group complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

New ad with Ronan Keating is terrible. He always reminds me of an Irish version of Tom Cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

The ad about the speeding he’s doing 40 in a 30. Speak up or speak out. Is it on the radio I heard it.

insufferable arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

I absolutely agree with Healy Rae on this one. Total populist nanny state knee jerk reaction The entire population of lifetime responsible drivers are being targeted because an extremely small amount of drivers annually cause catastrophic fatal accidents while speeding at outrageous levels. It's not doing 60 in a 50 zone that wipes out an entire car full of passengers, more likely 100 to 120. The Clonmel tragedy was kms inside the 50 approach road. Reducing the 50 to 30 is going to change this behaviour? Release the forensic data why don't they? "Accident X caused 3 deaths when car doing 110 on a 60 bend struck tree" etc. The idea that my entire 17km drive to a town will be designated as 60, with some 4km of that currently at 60 through 2 crossroads to be reduced to 50? Straight, safe, rural road. Nonsense. The few historical fatal accidents on one particular crossing have all been caused by one car driving through stop signs, into the path of other car speeding well above the 60km crossroad limit. You can't legislatate to prevent joint idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Which Healy Rae, the one who said eating a heavy meal was more dangerous than drink driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thats hilarious. The horrible sexist content, bordering on hate speech from the two obese pigs is ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Robert Jackson

My dad has had a few comments about her too who is she exactly and what has she done to deserve all the hate

• Advertisement

I think the whole point is "who is she?" - well yeah, all I know is her name - and "what has she done?" - yeah, what has she done to deserve fame? Is she a talented singer, author, scientist, actor? I don't think so. Seems like one of these people who's just "famous because".

You're missing the point. The whole idea is that people live in this "30k town", they're working there all day, crossing the road, seeing neighbours, living a community life, and the least you can do for them as a very temporary visitor in your comfortable car, is to slow the fcuk down to a speed that not only keeps them safe, but also allows them not to be dominated by motorists going from B to C via A and contributing nothing but pollution to A. I think it's a reasonable thing to ask. I can't wait for the 30k speed limit in my estate - 50k is way too fast with kids out on the road on bicycles, playing football, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Yes, it's good to see your heartfelt concert about speech bordering on hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cheddar Bob

The ad for Amazon with the oul ones sledging down the hill.

FFS it's 2023, it's by an IT origin company, yet the green screen effects of them going down the ski slopes is less advanced than watching Roger Moore do it in a Bond film from the 70s being chased by Russian sh1ts in boiler suits (Partridge reference deliberate)

Plus, they look German and about 90. I'd be more interested in asking them whether their older brothers ever let on what was really afoot when they were on home leave from Poland....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,050 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

This one that has popped up to annoy the shyte out of me when browsing Boards on numerous occasions . Woman who's the spitting image of Sharon Keoghan having a zoom conversation with a Gus Fring lookalike. There's an earthquake on his side and he's shaking like mad, she turns to the viewer and grimaces.

No idea what its for but I've clicked out of it and pressed that "this advert doesn't interest me" option more times than I'd care to guess.

It's that season again where the Dancing with the Stars Nobodies will be starting on RTE early in the new year. Cringey ad, where the only person I recognised was the newsreader Eileen Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭deezell

Poor Dunner, with the painted blue lips, she sort of looks like a body in the morgue, reanimated a la 'Night of the living dead. Not a good look, especially when you've nearly one foot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭littlevillage

A lot of the adverts on RTE seem to be Government sponsored nowadays. Anybody else noticed that? and they are all terrible as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Well, they have to fund it somehow, seeing the public aren’t!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Genghis

Happens every year. Waste the full budget this calendar year so you are not cut budget in next.

Hence each December sees a splurge in advertising from Government departments, NGOs, etc.

Advertisement