Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I cant belive its just 365 days until the next one...i cant wait....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy Christmas everyone! Reasonable start for us at 8am... brekkie done, turkey going on soon and then I might have time for a shower and shave.

Hope you all have the best day you can.

To all the singles out there, was there myself for nearly a decade before meeting the now Mrs out of the blue, so can totally empathise, try and take some chill time for yourself if you can, trust me it's one of life's greatest little pleasures and shouldn't be taken for granted. Either way, do try and take what you can from the time of year, and if its any consolation Christmas is never the hallmark family holiday sold to us all in the media, its mostly people doing their best to appreciate what they do have, including friends, family and health.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭tscul32

First Christmas casualty - SIL tested +ve for Covid this morning, we're down to 12 people and 1 dog. My brother has already been over to drop off pressies and collect some goodies and he'll pop back when dinner is ready and do up a couple of plates to bring back with him. Thankfully they don't live too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Christmas everyone xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I've just found out I've 2 more coming for dinner. My sister and her fiancé. They were supposed to go to our parent's house but they have a bit of a dose so I just invited them to mine. Glad I cooked 2 hams now 😆

So there'll be 6 of us in total...not too bad!😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just took out the turkey and basted it. Already looking tasty. 😁

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Been basting my turkey since 11.30am. Looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,319 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Happy Christmas Everyone 🎄

Day is finally here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Our little lad didn’t wake until 8.30 this morning the latest he’s ever slept in! Typical!

The excitement of Christmas Eve must have worn him out. He’s down for a nap now but he’s been having great craic all morning. and that’s what it’s all about.

He was mid playing this morning and unprompted he turned and said thank you santy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Bluebell woods

Auk the wee darlin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Christmas elves, hope it’s a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Id say your SIL didnt fancy it and pulled the covid card....amazing its still working....must try it myself soon....the wife wants to go to in laws on the 27th...i might be developing a headache tmw....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Christmas everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,269 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I feel huuuuge!

Food coma incoming!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Same. I feel like comparing bumps with my 9 month pregnant other half haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Hope everyone is enjoying the day. Had a slight panic here when the temperature on the turkey didn't seem to be going up, dinner was delayed by 30 mins, but it was declared the best turkey and ham yet, so I don't think anyone minded. Salmon for me, so I didn't get to taste it! Currently sat playing some family games hopefully it all stays good humoured! I'm not sure I'll ever eat again though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Haven't been in here for 6 months, chat threads feel like too much to keep up with, but wanted to pop in to wish you all a very happy Christmas. Hope you're having a lovely Christmas day wherever you are and however you're spending it.

Don’t be a stranger in 2024 the chat thread doesn’t move as quick as you might think

Also for anyone struggling today for any reason remember;

My DMs are always open for chats. Anytime day or night.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Still good all these years later...Zig and Zag Christmas Crises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLRxIMC9rFM&t=411s

• Advertisement

One of the best Christmas specials of all time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Thankfully after last night Christmas went great. No issue. You were spot on @Loughc , sleeping really fixed thing.

Great dinner, great day of films and great game of darts. Family's are wierd!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's great to hear, @antimatterx! ☺️

Families are absolutely weird. You’d see it all over the years! But I’m glad you had a great day. ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Delighted everything worked out for you @antimatterx and yes, families are definitely weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Enjoy your day Elves

This made me laugh

ChristmasFM spot on here. Was only talking about this last night. Stephen’s day is so more relaxing but a lot of the same things as Christmas Day. All we have to cook is mash the rest can be reheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Today is when parents ruin their backs and get sore knees kneeling on the floor putting stuff together for the kids. So far this morning I've assembled a Playmobil policy station (Christ I hate Playmobil instructions) and helping set up a Tamagotchi Uni.

Christmas Day is so busy, you can get away with not setting up some of the stuff but there's no escaping it today. I'll be pressganged into setting up a Switch later, I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Had a great day yesterday, dinner turned out great. Everyone happy with what they got, my parents went to my brothers and had a chat with them on the phone. Then went around to my brother in laws and about 10 of us got together for a few drinks for the evening/night.

Couldn't ask for a better day, Happy Stephen's Day Everyone ❤️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭BK5

Just copped that Heroditas's post was the 15,000th post on this thread 😮

Advertisement