Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,289 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus those matching pajamas pics are getting frustrating

I'm guessing the Irish celebs are all over them. So many 'rough' heads posting them make them feel more annoying. 'Oh us drug dealers are role models and having the perfect Chrismas' 💸💵

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amazon’s can be bizarre

Socks double-boxed and with padding. Total overkill.

LPs with an address sticker on the shrink wrap & no box. Ended up bashed & gouged.

Presume these are packed by humans. Can’t understand how they can think this is acceptable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They work as slaves for Amazon. To be fair, I'm not that surprised.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My TA is that people are too worried about other road users rather than worrying about what they are doing themselves. Constantly seeing moaning about cyclists and pedestrians who kill zero people while no worries about the multitude of bad driving killing hundreds of men women and children every year. 181 families sitting down to Xmas dinner today minus a loved one due to road deaths yet people still more concerned with guys on the lowest wages trying to earn a living 🤬

Another TA is my wordle streak has reset to zero without me missing a day. I should be passing 200 today ☹

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That tech companies choose Christmas Eve to issue software updates for devices, the thundering monkey testicles is that about ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Merry Christmas all, I hope your annoyances today are truly trivial 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

They are packed by humans but the decision on what packaging to use is decided by computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

No way can I believe that? Unless the reason for packing something the size of a pack of 4 AAA batteries in a box bigger than a Christmas box of Tayto Crisps is that they have run out of a dozen sizes of smaller packages?

So todays first Trivial Annoyance (there WILL be more) is the bullsh!t that Amazon comes out with

So your are right but I still don't believe Amazons bullsh!t.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

No problems whatsoever, but some of the stuff i've seen those food cyclists do is not only a danger to themselves, but others as well.No reflective clothing, passing red lights and shooting passed any narrow spot besides your car. Low paid work indeed because their business wants to treat them as contractors instead of employees so they can cheap out on other benefits, they're trying to make a living but i won't get into politics here, but this is what Fine Gael wants, low paid slave waged work to help out their business buddies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

"Merry" Christmas. That's what I was brought up with but "Happy" Christmas sounds all wrong to me. Can there be a less trivial annoyance?

Happy Christmas sounds Woke, lets all be Merry :-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Already nearly merry :) merry Christmas y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

If I see something wrong in the workplace I challenge it. Sending fragile items in the post with little or no packaging is looking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought I woke up at 9 am , it's 9 pm . Now the shop is closed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

But you have no comment about the fool motorists that have killed 181 people this year? That does not move you at all other than to double down on the vulnerable and low paid road user trying to earn a living earning scraps living like sardines in sub standard accomodation.

I can offer vast examples of urban speeding which kills, inappropriate parking that kills, mobile phone use while driving that kills never mind drink and drugged driving yet the cyclist who never kills anyone is the one you go for?That is pretty shameful. Unfortunately you see it everywhere. It is an illogical national mental illness we have in Ireland where people refuse to acknowledge an issue but blame a handy scapegoat that won't fight back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I woke up with craving for easi-singles and I dont have any

• Registered Users Posts: 30,483 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you open your mouth and say something stupid and want the ground to swallow you up and what makes matters worse you say something else stupid again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I mentioned this before and it wasn't an attack on low pay workers. What I can't understand is how someone can't get a couple of cheap bicycle lights and a reflective cover to help prevent them getting killed on the road. And also why deliveroo have zero responsibility for their workers and the general public. Deliveroo should be providing this cheap safely equipment.

Also, you can enter a thought onto this channel without having to include or exclude other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Here's one, loads of cars blocking the footpath outside a pharmacy that's opened for a couple of hours today. And no one can get past without going on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,493 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I actually watched that full video, very interesting. But sure there is so much of modern life now that's faked. Fake news, fake singing, photoshopped images, deep fake videos. It's probably best to believe nothing you see any more. Anything is possible now.

As for only believing music you see live now, I'm not sure that's even believable any more. Sure isn't it possible to do live, instant auto tuning? If so, surely everyone big band is using it?

Finally, I have seen u2 a few times live and was always amazed at their sound for 4 guys. It was only in the last few years I discovered they actually had other musicians playing along either under the stage or off stage with them. Sure that's just faking it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

I've had many encounters with people driving like idiots as well, but i find the Deliveroo bicycle drivers can be unpredictable at times and if something happens there then you'd be the fault even if they were a bit careless. I've come across quite a bit now that it's become noticeable to me. The low wage and being exploited without hardly any benefits is the Government's doing and FGs buddies in various hospitality sectors taken advantage. I've just come to notice those Deliveroo cyclist doing some stupid **** on the roads. I have seen many car drivers do some stupid stuff as well, but these cyclists are more vulnerable on the road without markings and tend to be extra squishy if something goes wrong. Weaving through multiple cars, zigzagging and not lit up and going through red lights will end bad someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Watery eyes the instant I put my make-up on.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My TA is high maintenance people with ZERO problem solving skills who, the minute they encounter the slightest difficulty go into a tailspin instead of asking themselves "Is there anything else I could try/look for?". They're the human equivalent of the infinite Windows error boxes what would appear on computers in the 90s. Yet, they expect people to run to their aid. F*ck right off and grow the f*ck up, you're nearly 50.

Post edited by New Home on

All the DJs on Today FM are calling today "Stephens Day". Have yet to hear the word Saint used.

I'm not religious btw

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Oh man, you are not going enjoy what happens in March.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People who talk to you in a doctors surgery waiting room. Like, I'm here cuz I'm sick. I presume the same for everyone else. The last thing I want is some sick fecker leaning into me, spreading whatever the feck they have. Get ta feck away!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So my wife committed to join me and our friends for early drinks yesterday. She then pulls out at the last minute (not for the first time), so I was ploughing a lone furrow having to explain away why she couldn't make it. And then she is giving me the cold shoulder all day because I seemingly stayed out too long.

Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Lads, there's a Go Fund Me for the lad who got his comeuppance in a restaurant on the 24th. Seriously. I'll donate but only if I get a free 4k video of the aftermath.

• Advertisement

Surely we are close to peak stupidity when someone is organising a GoFundMe for an attempted murderer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement