Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

I think the people in the middle are worth saving.

You've kids with good parents who won't get involved in this nonsense regardless and you've kids with **** parents who will regardless of what facilities or social programs you throw at them.

But there's kids in the middle who can go either way. They can be influenced and that's worth investing in.

Like I said before, you've huge areas of Dublin currently being gentrified a little like Ballyfermot, Crumlin, Drimnagh, Cabra, Rialto, Inchicore, Tallaght, Coolock, Finglas, Blanch.

If you talk to older people from these areas, they'll say that things have improved enormously in 20 years. Obviously still not perfect but moving in the right direction.

Recently it was reported that "Deis Schools" had a record number of kids going on to 3rd level. "Deis schools" are schools in deprived areas.

The benefits of gentrification is that areas become much more mixed. Not to sound like a snob or classist but you've better influences and peers in the neighbourhood and schools. Not that you already don't have that, but you have more.

Lots of young professionals are priced out of traditionally middle class areas so will buy in these areas as they've no choice. Loads are particularly buying in Crumlin, Drimnagh and Cabra which no offence to people from these areas were pretty rough not too long ago.

To accelerate this process, I'd be putting in Luas lines and Dart lines and stations.

For example a Dart station on the Kylemore Rd in Ballyfermot would do wonders for a 1km radius.

The Naas Rd area is about to see huge development in next few years.

It will be interesting to see what effect the Finglas Luas will have as that part of SW Finglas is one of the most deprived areas in Ireland.

If lots of the houses are in private ownership, then it could gentrify quite a bit.

Likewise Ballymun once the Metro starts construction. I can guarantee 1000s of apartments will go up and you'll see them filled with young professionals and tech workers. This then brings more investment like shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs etc which Ballymun has almost literally none of. If you told someone in Ballymun 25 years ago this, they wouldn't believe you.

Despite the bad headlines, these areas are already improving.

The thing is none of the good things make headlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

1. No matter what the social level of a family or community, you'll always have a certain amount of people born with a predisposition for violence or crime, or even a psychopath (this kind of person is always rare). Whether that's down to biological reasons or trauma, it usually takes both. There's no cure or answer for that. I know that's scary but it's true. And there's no getting around it without genetic engineering which is just Nazi stuff. Serious figures in crime come from all kinds of backgrounds. Someone cannot be biologically born a psychopath, but they can be born with a predisposition to be one. A shocking childhood can also create a dangerous human being. It's great to have outlets and amenities for communities but it won't stop crime or dangerous people happening.
    2. You'll always have a section of society who believe society, the rules, and everyone is against them. And it doesn't even take that. There's a lot of sociological studies that show how school bonding among friends or even in the home, or both, can lead to creating their own anti-authority rules. If we can't join them, well, we'll create our own rules and ambitions that are anti-rules, anti-education, anti-society, anti-working for the man, or anti-authority. The take being - We can be successful at our own rules, not society's.
    3. You might get both, people with a predilection for violence and crime being born into families that are anti-society and its rules. And that's when serious **** happens. And if you have a few generations in a row with violent and crime driven people, you could have a dynasty of crime on your hands. This happens at all levels of society, including the middle to upper class. Blue collar time tends to be a lot more violent and visible but you could argue the crimes being committed at while collar crime are far more damaging to society in terms of the knock on impact on society.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

Scum breeds scum. When ever I go to Dublin I see kids with junkie parents on the luas. Those kids are never going to grow up to be anything but scum. Problem is all these people a breeding and multiplying can save dublin. Money or education won't fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Sad that we have the shooters named confirmed first in a British rag before domestic sources. A bit bonkers on the behalf of the shooter to enter a full restaurant thinking he could carry out his hit and escape. He is unlikely to have known where his target/s were sitting before entering. Can't help but think this will spark of a tit for tat of incidents especially with the shooter deceased. I wonder is their any connection with the recent drug seizures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 NoNotMe

Somebody spotted Hennessy and made the phone call, they'll probably be tracked down. I wonder how they feel now that their boy got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

He should have known not to bring a machine gun to a knife fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Xander10

Or waited until they left the restaurant

Will Tristan's 2 buddies be identifiable to the Hennesseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Thorsbeard1982

The fell that got shot ....is he or the sons the driving force in the operation?

Can anyone give a brief synopsis of the Corduff feud, assuming this is part of it.

The Hennesseys, Boylans, Flashy, Eric Fowler, the Besties etc.

Is one side aligned with Flashy ie the Boylans and Hennessys are on the other side?

Or is this unrelated and was it the Ballyfermot family wanting to wipe out the Hennessys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Tintin101

Martin cunninghams uncle demo robbed Dean Fitz of crack, Martin and Dean fella out. Jayo backed his runner Dean, and Martin was backed by wardy.

Hennessys burned Dylan mooney house to the ground. Then paddy ashe fired on Dean and Devon outside the school. Then they fired on Devon at sunbed shop in mulhuddart. Few back and forth houses hit. Martin cunningly butchered Ken outside finglas garda station

Stephen fowler tried to have wardy clipped and handed Dean and his da Ken 2 glocks to kill wardy he got set up and boys ended up caught.

And it spiralled from there. Boylan gets on with both sides.

hennessy was getting work then off gooners and fell intona bill then little gibbo from crumlin but fell out with him too. Then big black George got work from the family they pulled a rip and now we are here no idea where its all coming from but that's what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

You'd need to be very narrow minded and nasty to let this incident effect an apparently and by all accounts decent up-market eatery. .. That would be ridiculous and sad.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not make light of this incident. A lot of completely innocent people witnessed this. Children may have seen someone violently killed. It is not something to joke about.

And the Guards have requested no sharing of videos or images of this on social media. Do not post such media on here.

Can everyone re-read the mod instructions in the opening post. Ignoring them is likely to result in threadbans and possible further sanction.

Any questions PM me - do not respond to this post in thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Who are the boylans?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Thesiger

So nobody’s actually been killed until last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Horrible post. No child chooses their parents. Condemning innocent children and calling them scum reflects on you rather than them.

Lol.

Thanks for synopsis.

You should write for a paper.

You know more than Nicola Tallant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

What’s the latest on Marcus Sweeney - seems to be doing v strange Tiktoks

So how come both Boylans were shot?

Is that a separate feud?

The whole thing is silly. It's much better for business to just lay low.

I remember in the Godfather book it was said that a war of the families was necessary every decade or two to clear the bad blood and start afresh with feuds settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,017 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He's givin handies at the halfpenny bridge for 10 bob a man

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Raymysterio

Post edited by Raymysterio on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

A longer video of Jason Hennessy on Inside The K series. Hope he is OK.

That's dean and Ken Fitzsimmons. Dean was jayos only man with a bit of balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NoNotMe

Have a video but can't post.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Captain Fantastic 1984

I was wondering the same but at the same time I'd say the list of people looking to get that fat ginger prick is longer than Santa's list on Christmas Eve🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DullSpark

Mad how there's a video of that Sherry lad getting *****d up now. Who grabs there phone in that situation or were they bating him for ages that someone said "ya know what, this would be good on my snapchat"

Advertisement