Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is Joans problem not Melanie's 😂

Somebody left the shed unlocked tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daff567

Jess’s ‘newborn’ is at least 3 months old ffs

Still Think VanGirl could be Fergal, their mannerisms are very alike. Although could be giving the actors/writers too much credit there 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dean is acting like a teenager instead of a middle aged man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

So another fair city Christmas disaster show. Why can they not show anyone having a Christmas dinner at home like what happened all around the country today. Instead we see people eating at a community centre, Carol running around everywhere except being with her son, likewise for Orla - went to a neighbour's party and didnt bother going home to jnr. Dean staying in his bloody van in December. How realistic do they think this is?

Jess for a first time mother had a record speedy birth and then gave birth to a 2 month old. Despite a woman in the house going into labour, her neighbours ( who she barely knows) stayed at her house partying.

And yes of course the show ended with the randomers singing yet again ( well at least it wasn't Leo so I should be grateful). Writers we don't like this impromptu singing at all!! It's a bit weird.

Overall a pathetic Christmas episode of Fair City. What we really want to see is people in their houses having a Christmas we can somewhat identify with.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does none of the 20 or so people swanning around the place have access to a jaysus car to drive her to the hospital?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,164 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hear eastenders knocked it out of the park today

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

We haven't seen any of that gang for a while ... meaning Gar and co ... Fergal was Gar's Neo-Nazi anti masker anti vaxxer racist conspiracy theory nutter brother ... We got to see VanGirl Vicky this evening ... she could be real but also AI ... I suppose she could be working for Fergal or Louis Gleeson if real or set up as AI by the real person if AI ...

Yeah Fergal may or may not be back ... FC has a habit of dropping characters from time to time ... Remember these 2 for instance ...

... your man on the left was one of the most annoying characters ever ... Fergal was a much better character but would FC be brave enough to tackle a detailed story of a guy like him ?? The answer actually is yes ... there were these 2 racists on it some 20 years ago ... one a pure thug called Pete played by the actor who played Jimmy in Killinaskully and the total opposite to that character ... and the other a more subtle guy with racist sympathies called Morgan ... they ended up killing a Nigerian man and the Morgan fella killed himself ... am unsure what happened the Pete guy ?? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,164 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Why didn't Babs or Victor ask to drive on the other guests cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Vangirl is seen the first time tonight ... is she real or AI though ?? ... she comes across as nice but she is way too young for Dean ... this leads me to 3 options for the character ...

.... 1 she is either real or AI but is fronting for Fergal, Louis or someone else ...

.... 2 she is a conwoman out to scam Dean ...

.... 3 she is who she says she is but gets off with George or Sean instead ... who look closer to her age !! ...

Also what happened to crazy Orla is Melanie take on the crazy personality transplant?

I actually laughed when all the ladies from the shed all arrived at the mad party in single file walking through the door 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭highball14

They are very conscious of the law in Carrigstown, that would be driving uninsured just like one sip of champagne puts them at risk of drink driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

I didn't get this dinner in the homeless shelter at all..why were non homeless people having dinner in the community centre, it was bizarre.

I think that was their reward for helping out.

It was all bazar Dean getting a pizza delivered early on Christmas morning, Shops open for jellies, a few women spending Christmas day in somebody else's house whilst their daughter was in labour. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No.1 was my first impression : someone using AI software and pretending to be an attractive young woman. It's interesting to see where this storyline goes and what 'Vicky' is really up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,511 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Lots of talk about others cooking Christmas dinner for the Shelter, but surely the Shelter would have its own kitchen and wouldn't need any outside help at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭littlevillage

The Christmas episode of Fair City was all over the place....a new low.

The biggest problem for Fair City is that in Ireland NOTHING is open on Christmas day, people generally spend it with their own family in their own home. This means there are NO opportunities for bringing diverse characters together for fake gaeity or misery...But in the Fair City multiverse they conveniently forget about those things.

The Party in the Community Center/Shelter where there were no homeless people just mostly regular cast members...and a few carolers. Could they not have had an inside shot of a sports hall with a few miserable looking fcuks eating some slop? and maybe a kitchen shot of our volunteers doing some work.

The "party" in the Mullen house was soo implausible and awkward it probably deserves a special Fair City booby prize for sh1teness. Daughter going into labour.

Poor auld Greg. No need to elaborate.

How was Carol at the party in the Mullen house, in the Community Center and in the Station all at roughly the same time, remember she could not drive. Does she have some kind of multi location powers?

Melanie and Huey actually had some excellent dialogue and they are both reasonable actors.... the fake setup to their scenes though is laughable.

Would Dean not have spent Christmas day with his father Leo?

No Christmas for Damo, Mairead, Junior (Orla got over her infatuation with Damo and parental responsibilities and went to Mullens)

No Christmas for Ray, Nora and Jack (Carol was on her broomstick flying around Carrigstown)

No Christmas for Mondo (Kira & Juliette went to the Mullen house without him)

I wonder what was Christmas like in the holding shed for the Ram, Dearbhla, Gar, Joan, Paul, Pete, Dolores, Doug, Erica, Nono, Sash, Leo, Damo, Mairead, Junior, Ray, Nora, Jack, Mondo etc.?

I saw some of the main scene and when you break it down it was just 5 or 6 people in a room ACTING, there was nothing spectacular just acting and good writing, fc really is in the depths now , the whole point of a Xmas episode is to wrap things up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

scam Dean?… out of what? He hasn’t got a pot to piss in…

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

He literally doesn't have a pot to piss in just a plastic bottle 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Terrible Christmas episode. I can see what they are trying to do but they seem to lack a bit of money for some decent sets and props and dare I say it, rehearsal time. There's just something a little bit off about some of the scenes, like miss timing between the actors or people missing their queues.

Fair City have some good actors, it must be demoralising for them having to deal with this level of amateurism

I really thought James was going to be exposed yesterday, it would've been a great Christmas episode for everyone to find out.

But No, instead it's going to drag on for weeks.

That's the thing though, eastenders literally just had a room full of actors and delivered world class drama , no outside set or anything special

Fair city has something rotten going on and it's not the actors, it's become 30 mins of people wandering around aimlessly

I do know we thought a certain character might be behind it. Remember he scared somebody off.

Also, Dean should be saving a good bit of cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Deeec

They don't need a big budget to have families gather around a dinner table on Christmas day! I assume they had to pay for the unnecessary singers at the end. Brutal writers is the issue. They don't seem to understand how the Irish celebrate Christmas. There can be alot of drama when people gather for Christmas. There was no big stories at all last night - why couldn't we have van girl been revealed last night, why couldn't bunny boiler Orla have Christmas dinner with Damo and Mairead, why couldn't we see painkiller addicted Pete struggle on Christmas day.

Are we going to see Mondo annoyed because his wife and daughter stayed at the Mullen's so called party - probably not

Are we going to see fall out from Orla and Carol not spending Christmas day with their young children - probably not

I don't know the names of any of the writers - Are they not Irish - maybe that would explain why they can't seem to get normal Irish behaviour right.

EastEnders had drama last night and we seen people celebrate Christmas dinner with their families. That's what a Christmas episode should be.

Why was rafferty so obsessed with abortion? Awful writing

Advertisement