Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's filling my HDD?

Options
  • 25-12-2023 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a OnePlus 10 Pro with 256GB storage and I'm using 252GB leaving only 4GB free.

I've a total of 40GB of personal content on the device (Video's, TV Series, Audiobook's etc) and I've deleted all apps I rarely use so I'm absolutely baffled as to what's taking up over 200GB of space on the HDD.

I've been through each folder Fire Explorer shows me on the device and combined they add up to about 50GB.

Any ideas where the other 200GB is hiding?

Is the only solution to do a full factory reset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I have a one plus and there is an app I use called SD Maid SE. You can pay for it but I just use the free options. The two features you can use for free basically detect either duplicate data or data that's left over from uninstalled apps.

You can see what it detects before hitting delete if you want to make sure.

It may help you with a solution but the why I'll leave to someone more knowledge to explain to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Thanks @Dublinandy3, downloaded that app and it confirms my installed apps are using 206gb of data and that's after I'd already deleted some apps I'd decided I didn't need.

I clearly have way too many apps installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭sioda

Have you lots of you tube or Spotify downloaded onto your phone that could hide easily enough?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What about WhatsApp attachments?

Yes and Yes 😓 Have about 10 playlists downloaded to my phone and always have about 500mb of YouTube content (mostly documentaries) downloaded for watching on the odd flight.

There's a pattern emerging here!!

• Advertisement

Advertisement