Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I can see why he’s in prison with criminals, far more enjoyable place to be that with shrill aul shite and his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭Tork

She'd be down to the local Garda station at the first opportunity to make a complaint about being harassed, and then take Tesco to court. I'm curious to know how they just happened to be there when Alan Dillon went shopping. Were they stalking him?

I've taken a quick look at the replies on Twitter. They're not getting much support for this evening's shenanigans. It's nice to see that Enoch being in prison seems to be annoying them greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I watched the sponsored video [paid for by Josiah according to the words above it] on facebook. It would seem the person doing the videoing while accompanying Josiah and the Burke matriarch is part and parcel of the Burke family strategy as she deliberately physically obstructed the TD inside the shopping centre and outside in the carpark as the TD was accessing his car while shouting questions at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think it was Ammi recording it, a woman said he was on a salary of 100k and had an obligation to represent the people.

He could have represented me and drop kicked the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭GarfieldandPookyBear

They must have been following him! Nice to see mammy losing her rag because she’s not getting her way! Long May it last! They’re complete nutters!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Managed 30 seconds of this. Couldn’t listen to their delusional ranting.

That poor guy.

This may have shot themselves in the foot with this though. Filming themselves committing potentially criminals acts and posting it online? That’s never ended well for anyone.

They obviously were trying to provoke an angry or physical outburst so they could play the victim then.

Whatever the outcome of this latest madness is, they’ll stay in the limelight, which is all they want.

Real cult behaviour from them again in this video.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

The only thing the Burkes are highlighting are their own complete disconnect with reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,581 ✭✭✭suvigirl

This family are completely dillusional and appear to be getting worse.

Complete tinfoil hat stuff. Not a great advertisement for homeschooling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Fair play to Alan Dillon for walking away and giving them no oxygen, one of these days they are not going to be so lucky with this **** they carry on with, happened to the mad Gemma and her side kick on the bridge when the Garda wouldn’t put up with them. Both have gone quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd normally be fairly ambivalent-to-positive about footpath interjections; I recently watched some protesters intercept Kier Starmer as he came off a train into Glasgow. I think it's a critical part of a certain guerilla level of activism that public officials be held accountable through ... well, being pestered. It's too easy to let them dictate a narrative through statements and organised press conferences.

But.

Distance and hostility is a tricky needle that needs threading. The protestors at Glasgow kept their distance for the most part (aided by Starmer having a cohort to circle him, admittedly) and simply shadowed the labour leader as he walked out the station. They were loud and rambunctious but relatively respectful. The Burkes got in the TDs face, far into his personal space, tried to block him from moving, and generally acted in a fashion that went from passively confrontational to completely so.

If they keep this up their tactics are gonna get them in trouble fast, and is on the obnoxious side of the scale of this kind of activism

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,242 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

They most certainly have not. All they have done is made wild unsubstantiated acquisitions while selectively choosing which laws they wish to abide by which they wish to ignore. And honestly, if you find yourself agreeing with the Burkes, then you are the one that needs to read very very carefully a factual report on the court proceedings and the administration of justice in Ireland.

There are plenty of legal remedies available to the Burkes if they believed there was a conflict of interest, however that would require actual evidence and making wild acquisitions in court would see them join Enoch. So they'll make it on social media and hope to attract the gullible to their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

Tesco home delivery from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Obnoxiousness is their thing; always has been preaching homophobic hatred (making disgusting hateful allegations about Zappone, Norris and LGBT people generally), deciding the rule of law doesn't apply to them and they are within their right to abuse /harass coroners, courts, judges, teachers, school board members, TDs

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Mammy has a touch of a cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tikka16751

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They are, much like their American conservative equivalents, Christian Taliban and maybe if people stopped dancing around this, those trying to valorise their conduct as somehow something brave, we could move on. Methinks those doing so wouldn't be so quick if these were actual Taliban - but as they're some "innocent" presenting white Irish they get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

wiuldnt say so. But she should at least wear a mask. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭KaneToad

A lot of people regard the Burkes as benign eejits. This vid will have changed that. They don't agree with the Irish courts nor respect democratically elected reps.

They have crossed a Rubicon now by filming assaults on TDs. The level of physical assault was very low but it is definitely assault. This can lead to more serious behaviour from them/others.

Religion is such a blight on humanity. Enoch was, by all reports, a fantastic & well liked school teacher. Now look at him. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bloody hell, I knew they were nuts but I don’t think they were scumbags.

Anyone still defending themselves after this? Get yourself checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They totally blocked his path, and hemmed him in, intimidating him.

Must have given him flashbacks to all those all-Ireland finals and semi-finals against the Dubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,399 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

John Prescott would have decked Mammy fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

Jostling politicians is terrible they don't deserve that.

Nobody politician or otherwise deserves to be interfered with in anyway, subject to law, when they are going about their business. It is their right to do so and against our laws and our constitution enacted by the people. No matter how trivial some people seem to think it is, it is an affront to our society for anyone to claim they have the right to pick and choose which of our laws they abide by and which court decision they will respect. We have to send a very clear message to anyone with this thinking - we will not tolerated anyone breaking any our laws and if that means we need to spend a million Euro a year keeping Burke behind bars for decades to come then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

Absolutely, politicians are off limits, the only way to enact change is at the ballot box. I mean you or me, we could be cracked across the back of the head by some scrote and have our phone/wallet/whatever robbed, or get up for work one morning to find our cars missing from the driveway and if the gods smiled upon us, the guy who did it might get a few months in jail (the bulk of their sentence suspended, natch). But taking a stance? confronting the people running the country? can't have that, throw away the key.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think there's a way to "hassle" in a civil way cos politicians should technically be available for a certain amount of confrontation by constituents ... but the Burkes went far beyond that and into open provocation and interference. It didn't look like the actually laid a hand on the TD, but everything up to that point.

You are entitled to protest so long as you comply with the laws and nobody is require to put up with any illegal nonsense no matter what the circumstances are. It is also worth remembering that all constituents are entitled to representation in parliament, not just those who shout the loudest and if your action prevents or intimidate their representatives, then you are denying them their rights as well.

The likes of the Burkes think that the only people who have right is them and that their rights trump everyone else's rights.

Exactly. The Burkes treatment of Alan Dillon was harassment and intimidation.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

im all for protest but it seems shouting at someone unconnected with their son’s stupidity on the way into the shops is not on. He wasn’t on any sort of official duty, not at a clinic or opening of something.

Advertisement