Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Reacher Series (Amazon)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭billyhead

It's not as good as season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s brilliant tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Love reacher. Excellent character in DC ellent books. I don't have Amazon so will probably never see tv series.

Kind of afraid to in fact in case it doesn't live up to the books.

Bad luck and trouble is a great book great story. Love Neagley.

I just feel they couldn't do them justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You should watch the series. It's more or less the same as the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

I'm enjoying S2 so far. I do hope they go back in one of the upcoming seasons to show his relationship with the Garbers. Out of the gates it probably wasn't the best route but I feel after successfully sucking people in they should look at his back story more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Episode 4 shows why you don’t mess with the special investigators.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Episode 4 a bit dull. A lot of talking and not much action or humour. It was the worst episode of the whole series so far but nice to see Finlay back again.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you watch to the end? 😂

Caught up with the first 4 episodes this morning. Fantastic stuff. Better than season 1 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭cobham

I had A Prime a month or so ago and it said for Reacher Season 2 "not available in your area"??

Started last Friday. It wasn't available a month ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Karppi

I agree, nicely moving along plot wise, some excellent (and barely believable, which I like, such as the bikers!) fight scenes, and nice to see everyone dressed up at one point. Also, a welcome reprise by an old buddy from S1. Roll on next Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Can anyone explain why his mother would call him reacher?

I presume people are watching this as a laugh? It's one thing to sit down turn off your brain and let the dumbness wash over you but to read the books would be torture

The movies are better just by dint of them having a budget and actors in them and some sort of director

The TV show is one of the cheapest things I've seen in years

His first name is Jack. He prefers to be called Reacher.

Thanks but that's not really an explanation

His family dad brothers mother possibly are all reacher

Why call one son reacher

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Because it's that kind of show. It's cooler sounding, and is in line with the show knowing it's as dumb as rocks and just going for it. Clearly it makes no sense even the family would call him Reacher - but the guy is Cartoon Hero Guy.

Fair enough if you don't enjoy it but the series absolutely has its tongue pressed ever so gently against its cheek. Or at least knows how dumb the material is and isn't trying to hide it.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Good point, the humour is missing "you guys recycle" chewing gum stuff isn't there any more for some reason. Great to see Finlay still paying homage to Sidney Poitier!

Huh?? They called him Jack I assume.

As an adult, he asks people to call him Reacher.

It's like if your name was John Smith, and at some stage you asked people to call you Smith (almost like a nickname).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭adaminho

In the books it's explained that he was such a serious child that even his Mother called him Reacher.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Naw in season 1 in the flashbacks, the family called him Reacher. I remember myself and the wife laughing at the ludicrousness of it.

But it's a show where a man kicked the front of a car so hard, it set off the airbag. This is a cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

Its explained in the books that he goes by Reacher. There is nothing else to it. It is a fictional story and there will be plenty of more nonsensical stuff in this and upcoming seasons.

• Advertisement

Yes but doesn't this encapsulate the stupidity of the books

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

In some of the books it's mentioned that his.mother always called him reacher . Don't think it goes into any explanation.

Will have to bite the bullet and see if I can watch the series sometime. I don't want it spoiled by way hing some guy representing him on tv when all I've ever heard was the guys who rea the audiobooks and two of them are absolutely excellent.

Odd I know🥴😂

FFs

Obviously, who said it was real, it's dog **** because of dumb writing like that

What kind of of dumbass writes like that

An 8 year old would write better than this

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

A guy who made about $50m from writing those books.

Away you go and write books that sell that much then.

What exactly are you arguing

That's the books or TV show are good?

Writing the same book 22 times makes it better?

There's an audience for dumb obviously

You asked the question what kind of dumbass writes like that.

I answered the guy who made $50m from writing like that.

And with that I am out of this.

Why drop in your 2 cents and then get out of it

Do you think it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Heard some work colleagues chatting about it, had known about the show a little but never watched any of it.

Started couple of weeks ago. Got to episode 4 or 5, and stopped. Wasn't doing it for me, can't see myself going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's pretty poor TBH. I've gone about 3 eps into the second season and I think that's it for me.

Wasn't a fan of the first. It's just pulp nonsense, which is fine in of itself, but it just doesn't lend itself to an interesting narrative. Uninteresting characters, poor acting and, especially from what I've seen of the second season, large portions of nothing happening....or at least nothing of any consequence to seemingly warrant every line of dialogue trying to be a zinger or something.

I get the whole switch off the brain and take it in argument, but it's just not a fun ride and time would be better spent on more deserving shows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tom Cruise was a better Reacher in the movies than Ritchson is in the show.

Advertisement