Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Anyone who thinks charges will come from this is demented

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Tomaldo

Cigarettes are taxed too highly here. I rarely pay the shop price for them. I get family/friends to bring them back from Spain, UK etc, I have also used dealers in Moore Street. I know of some heroin addicts who would sell half-price Vodka, Whiskey etc but they usually get barred from the shops quickly. I can honestly say I have never been able to call someone who sells cheap black market booze REGULARLY, unlike illegal drugs.

A google search will tell you how many millions have been raised in places where marijuana is legal. That means less than 100 per cent of the market is controlled by criminals, surely that's better than here where they have total (100%) control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Gusser09

They'll just undercut the authorised sellers and thrive.

• I didn’t suggest the illegal drug trade would cease in fact my point was quite the opposite indeed.

The claim above was that regulation of drugs and legalisation would immediately cause any black market to stop in its tracks. Alcohol was stated to have no illegal trade which is wrong.

The market will collapse to some degree because most drug users I think would rather source it from a safe and legal place than some fella on the street.

it would also likely just lead criminal drug dealers to developing more potent drugs than those available legally. Like anything regulated there will be rules around quantities and I’m sure potencies etc for safety.

The same way you can’t buy more than one or two paracetamol containing products in a single day you prob won’t be able to buy as many drugs as you can fit in your pockets legally either.

That’s where the criminal dealers step in since as we know they’re not exactly renowned for their morality. They can also just shift more of their attention to other markets.

Could go on but I suppose I just don’t buy into any notion that legalising all drugs will collapse the black market drug trade in its entirety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭juno10353

While the gardai sort out who stabbed who and who the shooters accomplices are, can a plan be put in place to stop scrambler aggressive funeral. There has to be enough road traffic laws in place to cover it. Unfair and intimidating to locals and elderly

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Gardai can't win with that one. Arrest the scramblers and a riot starts - Gardai wrong. Fail to stop the scramblers - Gardai wrong.

They will monitor the funeral and deal with the scrambler lads afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fedcba123

What deal u saying he’d do ? Does he work for them do u know that for fact or is this a guess ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Gun was taken away from the scene by associates of the targets .

Only one way in and out of that restaurant. And looks like Sherry had no where to run when things went wrong.

Saw a video of him getting kicked and a chair fecked over him.

Surely you need 3 men on a job like that. 2 gunmen, one to take care of anyone who interferes. One to do the job and a decent reliable driver.

Absolute shoddy job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭orangerhyme

It's a **** place to do a hit but not unprecedented with the amount of hits done in pubs over the years.

Although I guess there's no steak knives in a pub.

It seems like a panic job. Maybe he was under pressure to get it done soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Do the kinehans own browns?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

They had 3 men but still messed up. The other lad ran back to the car and left the now dead lad to it while the driver and accomplice drove off.

Which makes even more messed up.

Post edited by Jeff2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Why not wait until they were getting into their cars or leaving the place. Madness when you consider the place. These lads really are thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You're absolutely right of course, ask anyone here and they'll tell you that when any of us go to whack someone in a restaurant, a crew of three is the bare minimum.

Cowboys.

Glazers Out!

I didn't say you "suggested the illegal drug trade would cease", I asked wouldn't it be an improvement if the law on drugs was changed to reduce criminals' earning capacity. You said "the market will collapse to some degree because most drug users I think would rather source it from a safe and legal place than some fella on the street", I agree. You mention legalising drugs won't collapse the "black market", but there's a B.M. on practically every legal item, clothes, sportswear, jewellery, electrical goods etc, but that's not a reason to ban them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Isn’t it a coincidence the school holidays and the pages of utter nonsense occur in tandem every year. To the day.

People who steal 'n' sell bicycles can undercut authorised sellers and make a profit. Should bikes be banned

Post edited by Tomaldo on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,572 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

No. Necessary force in the case of fatal self defence.

If use more force than is necessary, and you know that, then it is murder.

If use more force than is necessary, but you honestly believe that it was necessary, then it is manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Secrets11

Legalization allows industrial production, quality control and safety in procurement. Illegal sellers can't undercut or compete with that. The taxes make it more expensive than it could be but it's still an industry that is not fully legalized in most countries and that adds friction and cost to the retail prices. For example, you can't get a bank account in the US for a weed business, the shops get robbed regularly, storage and logistics have a lot more in-built costs than you see in alcohol as a result. In canada its a lot more legal and you have most weed bought at retail stores because of the variety available, quality control & convenience. Its no cheaper than the black market, but it is a much better buying experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

They were piping up about legislation to tackle scramblers a few years back, but then they realized they could just not bother their arses and people would do nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭L.Ball

If Bicycles did to people what drugs do then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bagdball17

Pretty sure wardy had nothing to do with that fail of a whack😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13 leon byrne

Wardy nothing got to do with it he does **** all that weasel I’ve never met a more rat of a man. He ran off and left his own brother months back after he got shot he never gets his hands dirty himself anyone close to him ends up either dead or in prison he has a new bit of trouble coming his way now he finished with that maloney slag and has burnt her fathers car out demanding he owes him 100k for his slut of a daughter a horrible excuse of a man is what he is the sooner the better he’s dead or in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 10,311 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Why would they be looking for a dead fella? Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I think my comment went over your head.

I don't think anyone in this thread could care less if both the intended targets and also the gun men were taken out as one was.

People have died and been critically injured using bicycles, just like motorbikes, cars, airplanes etc. Should they be illegal too?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭40supple

It’s dodgy as f uck doing a hit in a crowded establishment

after the Paul Cullen hit in the Oasis pub in Cabra the hitman was hit by glasses, bottles and a pub stool while running out, if he’d tripped or fell he’d probably of been kicked to death also

Same during the Michael Barr hit in the sunset house, glasses and bottles were launched at Éamon Cummerton as he ran out

when they got Eamon Dunne in Matts it was a 4 man team (all armed). 1 driving, 1 at the door holding people inside, 1 covering the hitman. 1 clipping Éamon

Thats how it’s done with a well rehearsed crew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

That legislation was brought in Sept / Oct ?

44 bikes/quads seized in Limerick a month or so ago. Around 20 seized in Ballymun area in December. Hopefully plenty more of that to put manners on some of these scrotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 redeye173

Boys this thread is full of some fuckin shite. I'm from town and hung around finglas and ballymun all my youth. Who gives a **** about these little ****. Let them slice each other up, shoot each other, as a society we're better off without these people. My ma raised me well but I still went to school with mad bastards. There will always be people who push the boundaries and what's needed is stricter sentences and punishments. I've taken drugs and still smoke weed but i know the difference between right and wrong and that's the fundamental difference between me and these shams we see every day, it's nothing to do with legalising drugs and cheap alcohol.... laughable anyone mentioning this.

This shite has always gone on, it's only now we all have a phone and we can bitch and moan about it online. Most of you will never know what it's like to live a life like this. You can give all the opinions you want but you were brought up safe and never had to deal with this type of stuff. Internet hard men, giving their opinions with **** all life experience.

Good riddance to the prick that entered a restaurant with his intention to kill someone. It's also not FF or FG fault for all you right wing dopes out there. It's always been this way and I'm glad we're still not at the US level where people are getting shot left right and centre.

Be happy that we don't have mass shootings and random explosions and let the dirt birds kill each other.

Happy Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 fall-in

This lads are major drug dealers, most don't claim the doke to avoid questions been asked, you think threatening to stop social welfare will stop drug dealers killing eachother?? You must live some sheltered life

Advertisement