Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Options

Comments

• It’s called brand erosion, a single issue won’t necessarily drive a customer away but keep lowering the quality of your product across the board (when your competitors aren’t), then a customer will think twice about their automatic custom, Aer Lingus have enough competitors across the board from ultra low cost (where their service is aligning to) to good service providers (to where their prices remain aligned to).

And to your snappy “preoccupy” comment, you could post your exact reply to 99% of the comments across this sub forum, should we shut it down? Not the first time you have taken this unnecessary tone to a poster on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭bikeman1

I think for your average bucket and spade folks taking a few flights a year, it is fine to use the South gates. And in my experience they tend to keep the important business flights off the main pier in T2 and shove the others elsewhere. I too hate the south gates. I used them going to Nantes for the rugby earlier this year and was fine with it on that occasion. A walkway would be far more amenable than the bus.

I don't mind the Regional's having the bus around to the hangers. Because when they push, they are on 28R in a couple of minutes and seem to have the boarding process much improved. It's quite a long taxi from T2 to 28R!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

No intention on my part to "get at" anyone here. I count myself amongst the regular posters here and was only noting that we are a small group with a very focused area of interest.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The new FCO schedule from 24 May-26 October

Ex DUB 06:20, 10:25, 15:40

Ex FCO 07:30. 11:10, 15:10

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I see Heraklion seems to stop at the end of September. Surprised it didn't stretch to October given the heat stays in Crete longer. Ryanair keep the Chania route flying through Oct 25th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

A lot more talk of this the past few days. The first XLR MSN 11348 is on the final assembly line which is supposedly an EI frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭p_haugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭pureza

Any update on EI rejoining oneworld properly, they're already part of the transatlantic JV with BA and AA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

I assume they selected the ACF config for the XLR?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭sailing

I’m led to believe Aer Lingus will be the launch customer for the XLR in June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jwm121

Luckily the south gates are being removed with the infrastructure expansion... except there will be a new pre boarding zone even further, on the far side almost under the approach for 28L for a load of new remote stands

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

I've heard there's a lower seat count with a mid galley and lavs on the XLR .

Edit: if you think about it from a flexibility point of view, some or all of the LRs can have the ACTs removed if necessary and be re-configured in short haul config once the XLRs arrive, that might have been the reasoning for not fitting them with the mid galleys and lavs in the first place.

Post edited by HTCOne on

I wonder will it have the black mask around the cockpit windows to distinguish it from the LRs. It would go well with the EI livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yeah Ryanair far better, far too much messing around with aer lingus from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

IAG had a graphic on their markets day presentation last month which stated the A321XLR will have 7 less seat than the 757, this would be considerably lower than the current A321LR configuration. 184 vs 170.

I’d be surprised they actually reduced the seat count by that much on the XLR, the current layout is incredibly competitive and must put them as one of the most efficient LR operators out there. I know it’s unpopular with crew and a dense economy class isn’t ideal for passenger comfort or service delivery but we all know Aer Lingus isn’t the type of airline to listen to passenger or crew feedback!

The IAG graphic;

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭HTCOne

The lower the seat count, the further you can send them in fairness. Depends on what routes they have in mind...keep a few high density LRs for SNN-BOS/JFK, DUB-BDL....use the XLRs on the other current LR routes and MSP....reconfigure 3 or 4 LRs to short haul and have them make € on high density short haul routes like the A321 CEOs used to (ACE, FCO etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pilatus

how were aer lingus not run out of manchester, the way ryanair would run out new entrants to dublin? other airlines not being as brutal as ryanair I imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The only airlines capable at present are Virgin Atlantic and TUI so not exactly the same level of threat that Ryanair would pose on short haul. Virgin are very London centric and their inconsistent financial performance forces them to be more cautious in their approach to going head to head with rivals, they're also now heavily influenced by Delta. TUI are focused on the package holiday market and wouldn't see Aer Lingus as any kind of threat to their business model.

New entrants like JetBlue and Norse would be bigger threats to Aer Lingus at Manchester in the near term than any of the incumbents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Left soon after, the pics look worse than it was!

• Advertisement

What aircraft is aer lingus currently flying on the dublin to new York route ?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lockheed

For christmas, 2x A330 rotations to JFK (EI105/4 and EI107/6) plus one A321LR rotation (EI109/8)

Also an A321LR daily to EWR.

Two A330-300s and a temporary 3rd flight with an LR over the Christmas to JFK.

The A332 has done the odd flight as well lately.

EAV, LRH and FNG are today's frames to JFK.

https://x.com/rschuur_aero/status/1738193275129840090?s=20

First customer XLR on the final assembly line and likely to be EI's.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jwm121

Is Manchester doing well for them though? I heard they'll be looking there for future expansion if the DAA can't sort out Dublin. Is that just a Ryanair style ploy to try get the DAA to do something or will that actually happen? Would hate for Dublin to loose out over Manchester and Edinburgh more than they already are due to the cap.

that simplyflying article mentioned that the XLR will likely replace the a330 on the dever and minneapolis route, when they become available. Is that likely to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR738

Minneapolis Yes but not Denver. Simpleflying can’t be trusted for anything, mistakes in every article.

was just thining woud they go daily with the xlr, rather than four times a week with the 330

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭john boye

It basically just copies and pastes from other news sites and Wikipedia, mistakes and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Not a chance for Denver, it’ll require a crew rest for that! Think MSP has already been confirmed tho.

Advertisement