Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭giveitholly

At the moment we are on course for 84 points.At the start of the season I think the majority would of been delighted with that,considering some were saying we would finish 6th-8th.

Now if we could get a few back from injury and get a bit of luck who is to say that might not be closer to 90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,512 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

People talking goals and assists, we have 39 goals, and conceded 16, the best GD in the PL.... in spite of our so called deficiencies up front. Imagine if we actually improve in second half of the season 🤩🤩

14pts from a possible 18pts in Dec. A good Christmas haul, we don't play again until next year, and then another 3 weeks off for next PL fixture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Made an absolute balls of the chance with a horrible touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Salah is available for the Newcastle game. He's heading after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,880 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Why did Fernandes have to be suspended against us. There is no way they would’ve been as organised and together with him in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,401 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why couldn't Bruno be playing for United when we played them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Jesus villa might go top if this keeps continuing the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Feck sake, where was this Utd when we played them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Yeah luck of the draw. ‘You could argue he’s their best player, but there seems to be a stronger argument that they are a better team when he’s not there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Anyone else here gradually losing interest in soccer,a few years ago I would watch so much,,I missed the first disallowed goal today, before I would have looked for the replay,I saw the second,sure if shoving someone offside means a goal is disallowed,is it not a penalty ? Is that how teams need to set up for the next game , shove the opposition offside and if they score it will be disallowed,it all stinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Anybody else got their Utd gown on now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Never took it off.

ETH 5EVA. Coz 5 is bigger dan 4

Thankfully we didn't have that Utd when we played them.

Clear top now, even if City won their games in hands, imagine if we actually played well

I'm not sure. I can barely keep up with all the rule changes. Just last week they brought in dribbling like basketball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Perfect result.....slows Villa down and will fuel the Old Trafford delusion for another couple of months

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good day at the office today. 3 points, no injuries, clean sheet, Nunez scoring, Jota back and scoring etc

Some ridiculous calls by the officials - comical.

Villa losing is certainly a bonus too.

Villa were never true contenders tbf. They won't finish top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Officiating a joke in the game, 3 legit goals scored and we're hanging on till the 90th min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The corruption in the game is beyond worrying, the whole thing is ending up like the fake wrestling, thankfully a few players haven't gotten the script.

Quansah was very good again today. He's playing like a guy with years of experience (bar the odd mistake but everyone has some of those a season) and has definitely taken a spot in the squad now going forward.

So it's himself and Konate for the RCB spot and VVD for the LCB spot with Gomez able to fill in for both sides.

If we get a LCB in January that would be great. I've seen a few links to Inacio popping up again but I don't know if that's just happening because he can play LB as well as LCB now that we've no fit LB.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Best friend is getting married tomorrow, also a Liverpool fan. Top of the table for his wedding day, so happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,136 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think that was Endo's 7th start in 20 days. He's done well, tiredness must be creeping in now.

Underrated and he will be a loss in January now. Fair play to the lad. He gets stuck in and gives it everything. He's a squad player but his commitment can't be questioned at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Must say I do get a laugh out of them bottling losers blowing the league last season still going on bout the draw last Saturday.Absolutely blessed they were to take a point off us and have no doubt that Pep only views us as a threat to them waltzing away with the title like they did last season!

Anyway delighted with the 3 points tonight and delighted with Nunez and his wonderful strike and great to have Jota back too!

We top the away table this season at the moment. Good signs.

We have a decent break now before Newcastle next week, it's a home game also.

• Advertisement

I think they will. That's not saying Spurs are anything special, but I think Villa will fall away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭allinthehead

That's funny, what was it? 5 v 1 and you still blew it off the bar🤣.

☀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Think the most laughable decision was Tierney playing "advantage" and still had his arm up when the Burnley player intercepted the pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Endo is a starter for the rest of the year.

Too many losing their **** over his age, cost and profile when we have an extremely tidy player on our hands. An absolute pro.

Yes the only pity now is that he will be missing for up to 6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Funny enough season, at worst we will be one point off 1st half way through the season yet you'd argue we've at times look fairly disjointed. You'd have taken that at the start of the season, yet due to city's wobbles an air of "disappointment" lingers as there's a shot of a title, and you'd imagine city's normal programming resumes next season.

Personally am delighted with it all so far, given its a fairly new team and you can see there's another couple levels to go, we are in rude health.

January's going to have to be precariously navigated with Salah and Endo leaving, if we are luck they'll have early exits in the AFCON and Asian cup, though they'll obviously want to progress.

Highlights for me are VVDs return to form, new lads in midfield going well (touch and go the last month or so) Special mention to Endo, bread and butter footballer but exactly what we need. Quansah and gomez hss really impressed me in his stints at full back. Goals from midfield making a welcome return also.

Lowlights, gotta be Diaz, nothing working for the lad at all, though after his dads kidnapping it's hard to be critical. Nunez, seems to have it all in his locker but just ain't putting it away enough and he's wasted a lot of good/easy chances. VAR decisions that make absolutely zero sense.

Get Jota to full fitness, Macallister back fit and Robertson back and we are in good shape to attack the season going into February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

This is more like a “normal” season, unlike most of the past 6 where City & Liverpool ran up insane amounts of points at various points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Your comment made me look it up

You'd imagine Japan are near certs for the quarters, which are 2nd/3rd Feb so he'll miss Arsenal away for sure. The final is the 10th, so he'll likely miss Burnley at home the same day. Hell be back with us for Brentford away on the 17th, but may not be ready to dive straight back in. So he's likely to miss 4 or 5 league games and at least 3 cup games. Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

He still looks like a stopgap/squad player to me. He can fill the Milner role but is nowhere near good enough to replace Fabinho properly. Haven't seen anyone lose their **** over his age or cost tbh. Just some think he's not a good enough player to be a first-choice for Liverpool. He's not awful or anything but he does make some shocking errors. Got lucky with that awful pass straight to a Burnley player last night.

Would he get into City or Arsenal's first eleven? Not a hope imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭jones

I still can't get my head around the Elliot disallowed goal. Salah was literally pushed into an offside position by the Burnley defender and they use that to rule it out. VAR will be the death of the game if this madness continues.

Crazy we're top of the league right now and haven't really clicked into gear yet. Still think we need a defender who can play a few positions in January.

Your giving officiating too much credit thinking it could be corruption. It's pure incompetence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ooooh forgot mid season silly season is nearly upon us. Can’t wait to be linked with Mbappe 75 times before the 10th of Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great result last night, the type of game that could easily have been a banana skin, especially with the 2 very harshly disallowed goals. Good to see Nunez score, hopefully, that'll give him a bit more confidence and he starts scoring more, also great to see Jota back and scoring again, seems to be able to come up with a goal even when not playing particularly well. Jota's return and a more confident Nunez should soften the blow of losing Salah after the Newcastle game.

Endo is also going after the Newcastle game and will be missed, hopefully Mac Allister will be back in the next week or so, to fill the gap while Endo is gone (Thaigo also due back in a couple of weeks, hopefully we can get a few games out of him, before he inevitably gets injured again). Newcastle are likely to sit in similar to what United did, so I expect another frustrating match, so, Jota's return is timely. Hopefully West Ham can do us a favour against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,508 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

That's it. I do think we've been hit by a disproportionate number of bad decisions, but there's been shockers all over the place. Boly's red last week really stands out, and the Newcastle goal against Arsenal.

The only agenda I see is that they seem reluctant to overrule the ref, as if that somehow undermines their authority. That and the closed shop self-protection afterwards, it's infuriating

That's a great post, sums up my thoughts exactly.

Liverpool of 2 seasons ago beat that united and arsenal side but it isn't the same side, we are ahead of a schedule here so naturally results will be frustrating. After last season I'm really enjoying this though and it bodes very well for next season.

This is actually the third most points we've had at the half way point in the league since Klopp joined.

We're doing fine, room for improvement but still I'd say the team is ahead of schedule on where the management expected at this point.

A LCB who can play LB would be nice this window. A DM and RW (I see Bakayoko from PSV linked in the last few days but I don't know much about him) also needed long term but they'll probably be summer moves you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

It'll be interesting to see Thiago in the new look midfield. Always optimistic, comes with the territory, but it feels like a more varied midfield now compared to Hendo and Milner, or Fab and Hendo etc. It might just work out. He can pick a pass.

• Advertisement

When available first choice will be endo, Mac and szoboslai I reckon. We are usually Macalister totally out of position so far. That 3 would be much more balanced and complement each other.

Advertisement