Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Greg in the smoking area with 3 other lads saying to Steo some work mates brought him out to wet the babies head…Greg works in the Spar with Mairead, Renee and Bosco 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

After tonight it would seem she has no interest in meeting Dean soon ... and Sean warning Dean not to fall in love deeply with her ... it all points to Van Girl aka 'Vicky' not being all she seems to be ... everything points to a romance scammer hiding behind AI or a real woman coerced into doing it ...

PS: Dean appears to have nothing but I can see 100% why someone living in a van would be attractive for a scammer ... Dean would have more money going into his bank accounts and less outgoings .... being a businessman he'd have loans coming into them too and ability to get them ... so Dean is a catch for a scammer ....

This looks to be the case ... it is a typical romance scam ... Fergal had a run in with Dean plus Fergal has no job and needs money .... you will find she will end up stranded somewhere with only Dean's money the solution to the problem ...

She sounds fake ... robotic and that bland white background all the time points to something off ... was on enough Zoom during Covid to spot this as a fake ... Let's say it is Fergal ... Fergal has many motives ... first to upset Dean for revenge and second to scam him ... but there is another motive .... to get revenge on Gar .... when Dean is upset after he realises what has happened he will need friends ... one of those friends is Dervla .... Dean and Dervla have history and if they got together Fergal has his revenge on the one person he prob hates most of all ... Gar.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,161 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When did Dean and Sean become friends again after Anna and Dean and Georgie mates, plus Dean and Steo?

James wants to be a father, is that why he paid young ones to "romance them"

Hughie should tell Melanie just fcek off, ungrateful wagon

Nora had Jack but who had Junior, Paul?

Why has Carol or Orla not made a move on Steo yet, he is a bit alright

The party was for Bosco Cass Sean and Bob in Babs gaff but only ladies showed up, was Victor the attraction

Terrible Christmas episodes

James is not all that bad ... when he came into it first he was cast as a pervy weirdo into this sugar bowl stuff ... he has been shown as an out of his depth developer, a chancer, and a criminal with a conscience since ... to me the whole thing resolves around the Rafferty family ... what do we know? ...

First James came from a background where lots of money existed but little love [from his father anyway] ... he didn't want for anything financially ... His father Con is a total workaholic living and breathing developments ... his mother we have not seen ... he has a poor relationship with his father prob stemming from James' lack of interest in the family business ... James went to college studying IT and went into that world ... it does not seem to be the case that he ever had a stable job but is able to make good money now and again ...

Con has no belief in him but wants to help James ... James has ended up in Con's business 2 times ... Hayley seems to be the only true girlfriend he has had ... initially he was after her money and planned the kidnap .... but I feel he has true feelings for her too ... during the kidnap he was kind a la Tommy in the Love/Hate tiger kidnap episode ... overall I get the impression James is very insecure and this feeds both good and downright bad sides of his persona ...

It will be interesting where they take him and Hayley ... we must bear in mind that Hayley herself is not all that squeaky clean either ... she was introduced as a rougher character than what she is now and her wealth comes via her Aunt's [really her mother as it was explained later] pub ... her Aunt/birth mother was part and parcel of the organised crime scene ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,510 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

'In The Bleak Midwinter' - well known religious Christmas carol from the early 20th century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Does Dean never ask why Vicky always has the same white background? Is he that thick?

I thought Steo was going to make a run for it with the child!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Has this been the worst it’s ever been in terms of storylines making sense and continuity

I also believe that the writers are reading here and saw that fergal being Vicky has been mentioned. There is no way they came up with that themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 20,982 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You could say faircity gave the viewers the two fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

That is an odd maternity hospital that can deliver babies that look 3 months old. Jess managed to get a private room (she must have stumped up the 5k to see a consultant privately.

she was brought out if the room to a lactation consultant while the rest of her family entertained themselves in her hospital room ….

if Steo is the biological father, they are ignoring the fact that he has rights whether they like it or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,510 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

And Greg is not even married or engaged to Jess, leaving him on slightly shaky ground.

Steo has been a model citizen so far compared the mullen scrotes

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Presume the gym is supposed to be closed for Xmas. Wonder how Dean is supposed to be having a shower, and him about to welcome VanGirl…

wonder where Hayley was supposed to be pucking in the bedroom,..

no sign of Nono, Pete or Doug.

Georgie but no Anna;

worst episodes over xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭threetrees

Babs mentioned the Rotunda hospital yet Taylor was born at St Catherine's, the hospital with the magical room that treats coma victims, assault victims, kidney transplant patients and maternity patients. In the same private room that is always available. I was almost expecting Bob's real life brother to come in as a pediatrician to examine how a newborn could be so big!

Dean should have spent Christmas with Leo and where does Dean charge his phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Just binged the episodes from the 24th, 25th and 26th now. 90 minutes we'll spent 😅

Why is Melanie being written as a complete moron?

I'm really starting to ship Sean and Georgie, think there's great chemistry there.

"Vicky" is either Fergal with augmented reality software applied or she might genuinely be his twin sister acting on his behalf. It was established that Fegal has a twin sister and she could be just as much a nut job as him. I'd say it's the former because of the white background and stilted mouth movements

I see they've kept up the tradition of miscasting the ages of the Mullen family with baby looking much older than he should. Steo and Babs actors are the same age in real life (around 33) but one's supposed to be 21 and the other supposed to be 41 so there's supposed to be a 20 year age gap between them 🙄

Why were Sean and Cass not with Orla, Kira and Juliet for Christmas? Was Leo in London with Troy and Shannon?

I presume Hayley will be genuinely pregnant at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,488 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well he plugs his van into Leo's house with him being all Mr Independent.

I think Fergal would like to wind Dean up more than anything.

It's actually quiet shocking how they think they can just write the daddy out of the babies life.

There's also more chemistry between Greg and Steo and Jess and Steo than their is between Jess and Greg.

Nobody dies in fair city

What exactly is Hayley going to find, is AGS still investigating Carol's kidnapping?

I thought Orla and Carol weren't mates anymore but seemed pally at Babs party

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think no Anna was the only positive thing about the Christmas Day episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

That explains Georgie hanging around everywhere but home. Gwen must be at the house 24/7 with Anna since she's not.

I'm actually fully convinced Georgie and Sean keep stopping by Dean's van in the hopes that they'll get to peep on him and vicky riding. Like they know they're due to meet so you'd think they'd stay clear to give them privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

They do ... but never naturally IIRC ... always tragically ... accident, murder, suicide ...

Sarah got hit by a door.

Michael got hit by a desk.

Will went through a door.

A mirror fell on Turlough.

Dean is a scammer's dream ... he has money as he has no house to run and eats his own food ... plus he is gullible ... he has really fallen for this 'Vicky' who he has never met ... he accepts who she is without question ... even if she is the person we see and is not an AI creation you can be sure she is up to something ...

Dean as a person is hardly attractive to such a young girl ... Dean is a beardy grey haired middle aged man who is in his 40s (he once gave his age as that about 6 months back) but looks 50s ... so she hardly is into him as a person ... for me the constant white background gives it away ... she is AI ...

I defo think Fair City should do something like this again ...

Fair City broadcasts two exciting weeks of drama in which Mondo gets caught up in Murder, Drugs and Insider Trading. | RTÉ Press Centre (rte.ie)

Remember this well esp Seamus McAleer's daughter Lauren ... Mondo was besotted with her IIRC ... and Avril Winter ... and Finn the heroin addict accountancy student ...

Do this for VanGirl/Vicky ... focus on one story involving few regulars ... mainly Dean and an odd appearance from Sean and George ... focus on a derangeed Fergal and a set of Fergal's far right/conspiracy pals who are not above scams ... the story would progress to see Fergal plunge deeper and deeper into trouble and out of his depth ... perhaps some innocent victim is endangered and we get a chance to see Dean sport his fighting skills ...

Floyd ... assisted suicide ...

Morgan the original far right conspiracy nutter ... hangs himself in prison ...

Billy Meehan the precursor to Love/Hate ... gets battered by a golf club by Carol's son while beating up Carol ... yes Fair City was more violent back in 2001! ... Nidge must have been watching this episode on repeat as he did the same with poor old Tommy!! ...

Bill Taylor the crazed drug addict biker and alcoholic wife Annette ... die in a fire and/or from stab wounds after Taylor's evil scheme goes wrong ...

Lorcan ... meets his end in a shootout with Carol's then boyfriend and cop ...

Helen Doyle .... died in a crash ...

Lorraine Molloy ... same ...

Marty and Tess Halpin ... died in a murder suicide ...

Etc etc ... all tragic ...

Only ones I can think of that were natural was where a character was written out due to actors' death like Charlie and Mags ...

@lumphammer2

Lorraine's died in a hurricane.

I think the fella who Dolores inherited all the money off died from cancer.

I can't remember what they did with with Fiona Pigotts husband. She sort of killed him.

Not Fair City but Ashley dying in Emmerdale a few years back was brilliant with all his family at his bedside. It was so natural.

• Advertisement
Advertisement