Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Never trusting the blurb on Netflix again.

The blurb (recommendation) on Netflix - it was about comedian (Trevor Noah). Oprah Winfrey said it gave her a 'laughing headache'. OK - I thought it must be fairly decent if someone gets a 'laughing headache'.

Jayus, I only had it on 10 minutes and thought this is crap and even fast forwarded it still rubbish. At least I learnt Winfrey has no sense of humour. It was like a TED talk not a comedy show.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Housesearching2022

People who assume that you can "get" someone into your job just because you have worked there X amount of years. Im working in a factory 14 years now and my nephew is looking for a job and is perfectly qualified and doesnt mind doing shift work. So my aunt is reducing it down to "Sure you are there years, you put in a word and get his foot in the door", but its not as simple as that! For starters, your manager may simply not like you no matter how many years you are there and wont take any recommendation that comes out of your mouth. Or they may have their own network of family/friends who they want in over anyone else. Then you have the people who are utter pr!cks and are lazy and incompetent at work but somehow still have the ear of the boss or hiring manager and get their wives/sons/neighbours/drinking buddies in to a job, I have seen this loads of times. Its definitely not as straightforward as "Im working there 10 years, I will get them in!".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Imagine going into a busy takeaway for a collection, with waiting times of an hour, and not remembering what name the order is under.

Thick fooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I don't know what crusties means, but yeah I'd definitely be put off going there for the winter solstice by the kind of people in the news. I'm sure there must be a rendition of kum ba yah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you move the bin and keep on going to its location to put rubbish in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Dunnes being stingy on vouchers over Christmas.

Normally if you spend over 75 you get a 10 and a 5 voucher for the next time.

Spent 87 on 23 December. Just looking at receipt and they only gave me a 10 voucher to be used by 4 January. Double checked app and same there.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭galwayguy85

Getting the same bloody gift over and over and over again from my Mother for Christmas. Cardigans in this case, in all kind of dull colours and made of materials I’d never dream of putting on my back. 66% PVC (or something not unlike it).

I have been living abroad 8 years and on my last trip home (March) I made it clear I was spoken for with respect to clothes! I did not want to hurt her feelings either…. I thought the ‘circle’ was finally broken, so to speak.

No such luck this year. Label still on it. Will try to do the daycent thing and donate it to the refugees.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I usually buy myself a present for christmas so I have something to do over christmas and avoid as much family b.s. as possible. But my present has been sitting in the Portlaoise mail centre since the 21st of December, without any update on the tracking since that date.

It's now the 28th of December! and still no updates, like if there's some kind of problem, would they not update it on the tracking? Even just a "our services are very busy at the moment, expect delays" or something to that effect would help, but nothing... Grrr...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A family of four, a mother and three teens, taking up eight seats on the Luas. One of them reluctantly moved a bag to graciously (not really) allow me to sit. I had to ask her to move it. I will not stand when bags are being given seats!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Your package will only get a scan when its moved and picked up by the next link in the delivery chain. No new scan means its not moved.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's different if the train/bus is empty, but otherwise it's plain rude and 'entitled' to leave ypur bag on the seat. And if you *must* put your feet on a seat (again, when it's empty), have the decency to put a newspaper under them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Oh absolutely.

And other people remained standing rather than getting them to move their stuff. 🙄The one who moved the bag looked at me as though I had at least two heads before slowly moving it and sitting properly onto her own seat.

Feet on seats really annoy me too. 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People going around shops browsing and coughing their lungs up. Some right doses out there at the moment and little consideration for others who do not want it or have the same ability to fight off these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Giving non tech savvy elderly people stuff like your phone number or email address so they can create accounts with businesses only then to find that you keep getting all sorts of notifications to your phone / email addresses, also it’s happened twice in the last 4 years whereby I would like to use one of the services myself but I have to open a new email address ….because they are using my original one.

If you’d just look after your own shït, sit down and work out, as you did before how to open an email address, keep accessing it every few weeks so it doesn’t get mothballed… I don’t believe in this day and age anyone regardless of their age can find difficulty with setting up and reading email…. Email has been in regular everyday use since the 1990’s ffs….the person concerned used it everyday in their work….It’s beyond tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd have picked all the bags up and flung them on the floor, some people need to be shamed into it.

My TA is I've loads of nice food in and I've lost interest in it all.

Definitely not a wise course of action in this particular case.

You will have to take my word for that. 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Re: the food, just tackle it in alphabetical order. 😁

Websites that won't allow you to reject their cookies.

My wife telling me I can't light a fire and that I do it all wrong when I've been successfully lighting fires for at least 50 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Coke bro types getting triggered and deflecting when they are called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Dramatik

T.A. Turns out the mail center was closed

"We had been closed for Christmas from the 23rd up until yesterday so that is why it has long as it is but I would expect delivery early next week."

But obviously being Ireland, I had to contact them in order to find this out, no status update on the package to reflect that the mail center was closed for those days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

My scone exploded :(

It was heated when served in the cafe and i picked it up to cut it in half to butter it. The second the knife went into the crisp exterior it just blew up in my hands and fell into about a hundred pieces.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The sheer amount of people saying they have no idea what day it is, no, no, honestly not possible, there are calendars and phones and all sorts of ways to find day/date, don't try this twilight zone because it's after 23rd December

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Communal bins and no one seems to be about to flatten a box. Space was at a premium over the christmas. Number of black bins and people keep putting bags into the full one so the lid can't close. The one next to it is f*cking empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oliver Callan still gets TV shows

The mention of bins reminds me of other annoyances. A bin seems to be a conceptual idea to many in Ireland in that once your rubbish is placed in, on or around the bin your are rid of your rubbish and it then becomes an SEP (Someone Elses Problem).

I walk the dogs along the beach and sometimes up into a carpark where there are no council bins. I noticed one day after a storm someone's bin had blow into the carpark. A week later when I returned the bin was full and there was rubbish piled up all around it, so much so you could hardly see the bin. People must have actually driven out to the car park with their rubbish to dump it because I don't think people carry black bags with them in the car. Anyone with the slightest brain would have noticed this wasn't an official bin.

Other annoyances regarding rubbish include. Bottle banks, saw that some fool had left a load of double glazing pains propped up against the local bottle bank, another day there was a pile of pyrex dishes. Skips, if you have a skip it means your neighbors are free to get rid of their rubbish.

And finally if you pick up someone elses rubbish to use it then it becomes your rubbish that you need to get rid of responsibly. A story I have told before is that I saw a guy on the beach hunt around and find a plastic water bottle and then use it to wash his car from the water in the river. I was walking the dogs so walked past and came back about half an hour later only to see him throw the water bottle down the beach. I shouted to him to pick it up and of course his excuse was it was rubbish on beach that was there when he got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Had planned to take the mutt out for walkies but the weather is utter muck out at the moment. Also this poxy cough hasn’t fully shifted yet and I’ve a big hematoma on my bottom lip from what was the worst cold sore I ever had in my life.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement