Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

neither of them have trashed their families, their families have trashed themselves, all by themselves.

harry simply told the truth about his whereas meghan's did the work for her.

yes, harry living his own life is going very well actually.

harry can return to his own country if he wants to and there is nothing the far right and the cultists can do about it.

a nutjob can take him out but they can expect to be serving a hefty sentence for it.

they use the titles because they are there to be used and milked for what they can.

well, ultimately both him and meghan themselves made the decision to leave due to their treatment at the hands of some of the most racist trashy publications to ever exist.

na i'd say he wakes up and is relieved at the decision he has made, why wouldn't he, he is out of the junk show and has been replaced by another lacky.

he just needs to bide his time, the rf are becoming more unjustifiable as an expence by the day.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

he could have been but why would he want to be.

a choice between attending that nonsense or something else worth while and meaningful for him?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So why, if the trashy newspapers are to blame for them leaving, have they badmouthed his family since they left?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,021 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jesus, your IQ would shrink reading this thread at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Because not only would his so called ''family'' actually call off the dogs (gutter press) when they were making racist articles about Meghan (i.e., coarsening the royal blood, straight out of Compton, depicting their son as a chimp), they were leaking lies to the them (for instance, Meghan made Kate cry).

They didn't badmouth them since they left. Despite their funds being pulled and their security taken (because Harry named once of their staff in court papers for selling info to the press) they the gutter press continued their very effective character assination campaign for 15 months which is when they did the Oprah interview and clarified some of the lies that were printed /circulated about them. That isn't badmouthing the royal family.

All his ''so-called'' family did was say she had to put up with it while making deals with the press that the Senior Royals were off bounds, but they could say and do and say what they liked with Harry and Meghan (and their child).

Charles was beyond cruel to Harry by pulling his military honours from him, in that farce of a funeral then they were parading around with their ridiculous medals and forcing both Andrew and Harry to walk behind their mother/grandmother's coffin out of uniform when they were the only two of their family who had seen active service.

Then there was taking away of his home, gifted by the Queen which H&M paid for the refurbishment. Who does that to their child except a horrible, vindictive family.

These are facts for all to see, except those who refuse to see them and consider this 'bad mouthing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Karppi

I’ll just tackle one of the recurrent themes

Charles was beyond cruel to Harry by pulling his military honours from him, in that farce of a funeral then they were parading around with their ridiculous medals and forcing both Andrew and Harry to walk behind their mother/grandmother's coffin out of uniform when they were the only two of their family who had seen active service.

Stepping back from senior royal duties meant he lost the honorary military titles and therefore could no longer wear uniform as Captain General of the Royal Marines, Honorary Air Force Commandant of the Royal Air Force Base Honington, and honorary Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Navy’s Small Ships and Diving Operations. He’d only received them in the first place because he was a senior royal, geddit?

Why is it so hard to understand that, just like when an ordinary mortal retires or changes their job, they don’t get to continue to receive a salary, or keep the company car, or visit the subsidised canteen any more, Harry is no longer eligible for the titles. He can still wear his medals. End of.

Don't forget it was the queen too, not Charles. He's only monarch since his mother's death.

They let him wear the uniform for the vigil when the public reacted poorly, so they are well able to make it up as they go along.

The whole thing just made the RF look ridiculous - Ann in a military uniform while her brother who actually was, couldn't wear it.

• Advertisement

Harry must be the relative from Hell. Almost everything he's involved in creates complexity. Uniform, insignia on epaulettes, invitations to weddings, Coronation, Sandringham, Balmoral, you name it.

Here's an article from nearly a year ago. It very eloquently pinpoints the issues that Harry has. Enjoy!

https://archive.ph/Ax9Ol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Just watched the documentary on the Kings coronation - it was all filmed in the run up to it- very interesting but one thing that struck me was how Princess Anne and Prince William and his family were there supporting the King in the run up to the coronation - all the rehearsals and just the excitement of it all but sharing that excitement with the family was so important

Harry missed all of that - it’s such a shame how things have worked out - he just rocked up on the day, was shown to his seat and then posed off back to America straight after- he may as well have watched it on TV for all the involvement he had - he’s chosen badly and he’ll regret it in years to come

And how Princess Anne mentioned how the seating plan may yet change!

There's an wonderful observation (which starts at 53:07) by Richard Jackson, Bishop Of Hereford, at the arrival of the Wales family, that he was struck by their "extraordinary affection for one another" when they met the King. In precisely the way that Meghan could never contemplate - and therefore Harry isn't allowed any more - the obvious affection includes a real deference to Charles in his position as the monarch. The Princess of Wales kisses the King on both cheeks, then curtseys, as does Princess Charlotte. Prince George also is treated with love and affection; he still bows. Prince Louis returns the hug to the King.

All of them display courtesy and manners, and a recognition of the Monarchy as an institution that has been there for 1000 years. Two future Kings witnessed the Coronation. How amazing

Meanwhile, in Montecito, the Happy Holidays no doubt continue. Please don't try to tell me that Harry is deliriously happy. Delirious, maybe.

Will you please stop linking me to The Spectator please. Its a right wing magazine that is just a tad above the gutter press. Its former editors include Boris Johnson (so the trend that a lot of the time, there isn't must of a relationship with the actuality). Its 4th most popular article for 2023 was entitlted ''Ed Sheeran's time is up''.

Give me a break.

The reason why they are so 'affectionate' to the King is because he can cut them off if they don't brown nose him and Camilla. They have all seen what he has done to Harry.

Thats how the British monarchy operates. The wealth is in the complete control of the King/Queen - that way, none of them can rebel. Easier I suppose to do it that way rather than to stick them in the tower/hang them if he thinks any of them might conspire agianst them.

I think the reason he just rocked up on the day and left quickly was to do with the fact that he didn't have any security. No one expected him to leave immediately.

By the way, its floating around on X that Earl Spencer has offered Harry a refuge on his estate. From what I recall, Charles Spencer was about to give Diana a Dower House to live in on the estate when she died. (Don't believe what the gutter press say that he refused her somewhere to live). He has denied that and is also very annoyed with the treatment of his sister by the British gutter press.

So, no need to worry about Harry not seeing eye to eye with his parental family. He seems to be very close to the Spencers, so he does have lots of English uncles and cousins for his children to get to know.

^^ Seriously Harry left early because he didn't have security when security was extra strong in London?? 🙄🙄More like he knew he wasn't wanted and no wonder after all the nasty comments he made in his book, tv etc.

He left early because he didn't have anywhere secure to stay. He would have been followed (like you know what happened in New York) and would not have been secure unless in Windsor (his home that was taken from him) or in Kensington Palace.

Thats why he left quickly - no one expected him to do that. It was all in his recent court case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭suvigirl

any reason he couldn't stay in any of the royal residences?

I’m sure if he went to The Horse and Hound or The Squeaky Duck or The Royal Duke Inn , he’d probably find plenty of people “for his children to get to know” -- his father, his brother, his nephews and niece- they’re the people closest to him and he’s rejected them all outright-he’ll always have people who will “want to get to know him” - but that’s a far cry from the family that knows him best- his “hate” comments about them are extraordinary but are massively influenced by Meaghans view of them which is not necessarily something to be relied on

he was clearly afraid he’d be booed in public and rightfully so, he would have been - for royalists he’s not particularly liked and as for Meaghan she’s a complete hate figure and rightfully so

He would have been followed (like you know what happened in New York) 

Here we go again

I think you'll find that the "near catastrophic car chase" has been thoroughly and comprehensively debunked a few thousand posts ago. Harry reportedly had to fly home super urgently for Prince Archie's birthday celebrations. So urgent that Meghan was out for a hike with old friends Markus Anderson and Heather Dorak. BTW, I use the word "hike" in the loosest possible way, as a 40 minute walk near a trail head, bedecked in jewellery and completely ill-equipped for a hike ought to be called a "pap stroll"

There was/is an arrangement that if Harry provides notice he will get accommodation and security but, of course and as I mentioned in a recent post, mostly everything with Harry is complex, or late, or bombastic - nothing is ever simple or straightforward. So he didn't give any notice. Add to that the fact that a lot of Brits think that Harry (and Meghan) are about as welcome as a floater in the swimming pool, he wouldn't have been cheered in any public appearance. When you crap all over your family, there are gonna be consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'm sure Windsor or Kensington Palace have several spare rooms he could have stayed in? I mean pretty much every world leader was there, but it was Harry specifically who would have been followed? Harry was the main draw for the event was he? I think you're over stating his importance or relevance a bit much there.

Also you'd swear he was literally walking around like an ordinary Joe soap, completely unprotected. He has security.

Yep, the British police would have been caught completely unawares as Harry was chased through London in the middle of a coronation procession. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 8,266 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Earl Spencer wasn't invited to Archie's christening and didn't even attend (wasn't invited to?) his own daughter's weddings. If this is true, which I highly doubt, it doesn't seem like it would be an opportunity for the kids to bond with the extended family as they don't seem to be on good terms. Maybe him and Harry could bond over being estranged from their families and how it's so not their fault though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭valoren

So he wasn't safe when in the UK for the Coronation when security would have been tight? And this is the level of security he is in court for so he can pay for it i.e. I want to pay for security that puts me in danger regardless. Ridiculous to say he wasn't safe. It's spin on the idea he knows he is persona non grata and his presence was a case of giving 'em nothing to say with him leaving as soon as it was practical.

He feels unsafe. Yet he, while given Coronation level type security, brought the kids over for the Jubilee, brought them to Windsor to meet the Queen, had a birthday party and actually left them in the care of others while they attended the Trooping of the Colour. All of that happened and, in an age when practically everyone has a HD camera on their phone, not one airport staff, not one pap, not one dog walker caught a glimpse of them. Top notch security perhaps? It seems that the only reason anyone even knows he or his family are in the UK is, despite death threats from loons, is because they announce it publicly.

Meghan is ominously quiet....... I wonder what 2024 will hold.

• Advertisement

Hopefilly more of Meaghan bring ominously quiet 😀

Advertisement