Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭suvigirl

They are the only issues I'm seeing in the country.

No one has shown what the ' serious problems we are seeing emerging in our society as a result of the dysfunctional asylum system.' apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Enough said I'm thinking if this is a genuine response.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Stormyteacup

Could You provide proof of that? All information available points to the opposite.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jmayo threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yes the only issues you are seeing in the country. Vast vast majority couldn't give 2 hoots about the " far right". I have actually never heard anybody talk about the far right offline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

The term far right used here by the media,government tds and the rest has lost all it’s relevance.its as hard hitting as that scene in fr Ted when Ted accused of being a racists.it’s comedy value now and used as a piss take.the open border brigade are going to have to work on new insults for the uneducated plebs

An Garda Síochána has incorporated the PULSE and Garda National Immigration Bureau databases with SIS II, and members of the Garda and the Border Management Unit and Immigration Service (ISD) personnel will now have access to SIS data on their workplaces.

Ireland has also established the SIRENE Bureau (Supplementary Information Request at the National Entries), connected to other bureaus of Member States. It operates 24/7 to coordinate and share information related to the alerts.

My document post dates your link. We do not employ SIS for migration controls. We have opted out. Please refute my linked document or admit misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Ahwell

But it doesn’t post date this…

or this

https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/top-stories/2023/march/european-police-data-system-is-upgraded

"Ireland’s participation in SIS II has proven to be an invaluable tool for an Garda Síochána both for security and border management domestically, and in assisting with international investigations,” said Minister for Justice Simon Harris.

I don't care whether it post dates it or not.

Facts are that we use the SIS database. You may have missed this part,

An Garda Síochána has incorporated the PULSE and Garda National Immigration Bureau databases with SIS II, and members of the Garda and the Border Management Unit and Immigration Service (ISD) personnel will now have access to SIS data on their workplaces.

Ireland has also established the SIRENE Bureau (Supplementary Information Request at the National Entries), connected to other bureaus of Member States. It operates 24/7 to coordinate and share information related to the alerts.

Gas your post get likes for false information!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,385 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

So have we ever established why the lads from Georgia, Algeria and Albania are coming here claiming IPA when there is no war in their country?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They can't offer this - they would be helping Israel to ethnically cleanse Gaza.

There is no "war" in Gaza with civilians innocently caught up in fighting between two sides. Israel is literally trying to force Gazans to leave their own country (forever).

Ireland has opted out of provisions 1 and 2.

"

What is the purpose of the SIS?

The main purpose of SIS is to make Europe safer. The system assists the competent authorities in Europe to preserve internal security in the absence of internal border checks. The scope of SIS is defined in three legal instruments:

1. Regulation (EU) 2018/1860 * of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 November 2018 on the use of the Schengen Information System for the return of illegally staying third-country nationals
    2. Regulation (EU) 2018/1861 * of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 November 2018 on the establishment, operation and use of the Schengen Information System (SIS) in the field of border checks, and amending the Convention implementing the Schengen Agreement, and amending and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1987/2006
    3. Regulation (EU) 2018/1862 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 November 2018 on the establishment, operation and use of the Schengen Information System (SIS) in the field of police cooperation and judicial cooperation in criminal matters, amending and repealing Council Decision 2007/533/JHA, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 1986/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council and Commission Decision 2010/261/EU

* It must be noted that Ireland, although an EU Member State, has opted out from these provisions.

"

We opted out, as we opted out of Schengen.

Schengen is visa free passport free travel all over the EU and a couple of other countries.

We maintain our own borders and have access to the SIS database regardless.

So while we are not part of the 'borderless ' area that uses SIS, we have use of it anyway.

Best of both worlds.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Nice pivot.

We do indeed have access to the SIS database, as I posted.

Do you wish to re-examine your claim that “Everyone is checked on the SIS database”?

Or might you retract your comment about my post containing false information?

Why we would not use this system for every seeker of asylum is completely baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭jackboy

If things in Gaza continue to deteriorate we may get to the stage that the Palestinians will have to be evacuated. Whatever about Gazas neighbours we have put ourselves front of the queue to take them. Our politicians will have to back up their statements by taking a far bigger proportion than the rest of the EU. I'm sure our EU partners will oblige our wishes and help to transfer them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭InAtFullBack

"They can't offer this - they would be helping Israel to ethnically cleanse Gaza."

Perfect. We can use that reason also for every non-EU national that turns up here.

No pivot.

We use the SIS database. Everyone is checked on it. immigration officials use SIS.

No need to be baffled, asylum seekers are checked.

Strange that you would persist with this in the face of facts presented to you to the contrary.

Everyone who presents to the IPO is checked on Eurodac (and not everyone who has arrived by airport/port will present themselves to the office btw).

They are not checked on SIS. That is a fact I find baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mykrodot

I have to say I am relieved. After a few days of reading this thread the vast vast MAJORITY of people see the lunacy in what is happening in Ireland. The tide has turned. Speaking to friends and family over Christmas everyone is saying the same thing. I am originally from Dublin but now live in rural Ireland. My family in Dublin say the city is somewhere they never visit anymore, and I am seeing the evidence all over Kerry of the growing numbers the newcomers, likewise my sister in Donegal. It is widespread and it is a ticking time bomb.

The few (about 3 posters here) who continually shout down each and every poster who have valid concerns , never mention if they have children themselves (?) and the worries we face for our younger generation, never mention the human element for ordinary Irish citizens who are paying for all of this dearly through taxes and ever decreasing services, cannot empathize or even try to grasp where most ordinary folk are coming from.

To drastically change the demographic of small towns and indeed Dublin city over a period of 2-5 years is quite unprecedented. This is not the UK or France where multiculturalism has been a thing for many many decades, a slower paced growth brought on by colonialism . We have never had that here. We have opened our doors as wide as possible, invitations issued by Roderic O Gorman, because we want to be the best boys in the EU and we have a deep seated, historical inferiority complex on the world stage.

This is about point scoring, jobs in the EU, and looking good. And the price for that is the erosion of our culture, heritage and history. We are such a small population that this influx is being seen far sooner than in big EU countries and the UK. It's insanity for our Government to think they could have done this, so quickly, and expect no reaction, no backlash. The evidence of busloads of people is in front of us in all our small towns and villages , where some places like Ballyvaughan have more migrants and refugees than Irish (not Malahide though !!).

I was asked yesterday by a regular poster here if I would mind my daughter "marrying a foreigner"? Well considering she has previously lived in Dubai and London for years and has dated many foreigners the answer is no. But the poster who asked that knows well what the difference is!

Overall I have to say I am very heartened at how the tide has turned and we are waking up here in Ireland, asking questions, taking a stand.

75% of Irish people last May thought we had taken in too many refugees https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/three-quarters-of-people-think-ireland-taking-in-too-many-refugees/ . I can well imagine the percentage is even bigger now!

Most of us who are asking questions and who are appalled at what is going on have children and grandchildren and are doing it for them and their future. If that means we are called Far Right count me in.

Post edited by mykrodot on

• Advertisement

Last time I will state this, they are. Your persistent need to be baffled is unnecessary.

What a great post.

There is so many things that could and should be posted about the absolute crying shame and total mess our towns and cities have become. Truth is if I were to post the facts I would soon be thread banned.

I think attitudes and opinions are changing so hopefully we can speak truthfully what is really happening in our towns and cities.

see the lunacy in what is happening in Ireland. 

can you explain what this is?

the price for that is the erosion of our culture, heritage and history. 

this is totally ott nonsense. The Irish culture, music, dance, poetry, sports are all over the world and are not disappearing.

Most of us who are asking questions and who are appalled at what is going on have children and grandchildren and are doing it for them and their future

how exactly is there an issue with your children's future? What do you think will happen to them?

My family in Dublin say the city is somewhere they never visit anymore

why do they feel this?

But the poster who asked that knows well what the difference is!

what is the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

They are changing because the government and those supporting this policy have gone to far. It's like a lot of things in this country that we just can't seem to find the right way to handle things, we either go too far as we see with this immigration debacle or we don't do enough as we see with the Irish families living in hotel rooms. When the government decided to do this, the procedures and infrastructure should have been in place and carefully managed before they opened the doors. I know Roderic O'Gorman has taken a lot of flak for this policy and so he should but this wasn't him going off on a one man mission this was a government decision and as usual they government have tried to wing it without beefing up the necessary infrastructure to manage this and now we see them as the tide is turning pretending they give a sh1t and pretending to put the infrastructure in place now after the horse has bolted. Typical of this catastrophic government always playing catch up and lip service to these issues. Even worse are the people/supporters who lap this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

• Registered Users Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Another excellent summation of the various issues. Like yourself I'm originally from Dublin and live rural now and I don't recognise the populace of Dublin for several years now when I go visiting. And that change has come to local towns around here in last couple of years.

It's perfectly OK to object to this rapid change and we don't need to keep explaining or justifying to the tiny handful of people here who are aligned like robots in favour of what this government and the previous have allowed to develop.

Your either blind, have plenty of skin in the game or just totally obliviously nieve. Asking questions like these even makes me think you have never been in Ireland.

It really appears from anti immigration posters is that their opposition is that there are foreigners living here. End of.

The only other argument against is cost to the tax payer, which is perfectly reasonable. But then they take it too far and blame the foreigners on the lack of services here, which is clearly as a result of government non action for years.

So yeah, there are foreigners living here and we want it to be just Irish people. That's the argument basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭jackboy

What poster is against foreigners living in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Musicrules

I'm just after reading the last page. Some seem to have an issue with the change in how our population now looks. What do you people mean by this? You don't mind foreigners if they're white but too many foreigners with a different coloured skin is a bad thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement