Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant diary (ongoing)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I didn’t notice that. Strange that they don’t offer topical fin by itself also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Considering trying the topical form of Fin for a while.

I checked Sons and am I correct that they only offer the tablet form? The website doesn't appear to show what they sell unless you have an account

Ideally I'd like to try just the topical fin, and keep doing the oral minox, but perhaps the only topical fin you can get is the one from Hims with minox included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Deadwards.com

I think topical is only available from their .co.uk site and posted to a UK address. Hopefully becoming available in Ireland soon

but I'm not seeing it on Sons?

I'm on their uk site

EDIT: Ah sorry it's redirecting me.. I'll get my VPN up

ok via vpn still showing up as just minox topical? Don't see fin on its own?

• Advertisement

Sorry, yes I think they only do a min + fin combination spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭suave.4u

but this is a UK site. How to get Loniten and topical fin in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Why have I been bothering with Finasteride, when I should have been taking "Oral Tablet" all along. Finally, the ultimate hair loss cure is here!

As far as I can’t tell topical fin by itself is very difficult to find… though fin and minox combo spray seems to be widely available

I assume if taking the minoxidil and Fin topical I should stop minoxidil oral then too?

Also I guess I'd need to use with a roller to get max penetration?

I stopped using the roller as I found it was pulling out more hairs than I'd like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LukeAJN

Anyone who has used address pal before that can give some guidelines on the timings?

I ordered a 6 month min+fin spray combo from hims and the Royal Mail part of the delivery was fulfilled on the 2nd. It’s my first time ordering using adresspall and there has been nothing further communicated at this stage from AnPost.

The Royal Mail delivery was sent to the below, is all this looking normal to you guys?

APW 4246826

AddressPal

The Beacon

Mosquito Way

Hatfield

AL10 9WN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭victor8600

Yes, the address looks normal. In my experience from November/December, there is a 1 week delay between AddressPal receiving your package and getting it delivered in Ireland. There would be messages from An Post : 1) Saying that you have paid the AdddressPal fee, and 2) if required, a request to pay customs fee.

How did you get around the requirement for a UK phone number on Hims?

That stopped me dead in the tracks on signing up as (from what I can tell) they need to phone you to confirm the prescription?

Also anyone here got some detail on bad experiences you had with Sons UK (they are the other site offering topical fin/minox... the UK site only that is) as I'm comparing the two.

Yeah thanks, 20 minutes after sending this message I got the notification it was ready for delivery. Should have held my tounge instead of being paranoid ha.

I literally just put in my Irish number with the IE country code, so 3538xxxxxxxx. Was able to receive the texts from them perfectly.

ok weird, it wouldn't let me change the +44 .. I'll check again

Also there was no call received, they send you some texts to say it is with a doctor under review and text when it’s approved, but they also send you an email so not essential to have the phone Probally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timbuktoo

8 months in. Just after a haircut. Happy enough at the moment. Still hoping for a bit more density and maybe SMP this year too.

Nice! Were u completely gone on top before? Did u stick up the before pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timbuktoo

I'll have to boot up the old phone but I was between Norwood 5 and 6.

• Advertisement

Those that went for topical fin / minox on Forhims.co.uk, did you go with spray or serum?

They both are the same price.

I'm thinking serum as my hair is long so not easy for a spray to get to the scalp, whereas the serum could drip down and then rub in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

What’s the story with the topical fin/minox that you get off https://forhims.co.uk/ compared to getting finastride pills and minoxidil mouse from boots or wherever?

I haven’t used any of this hair stuff in many years and I’m looking to give it a go again.

Also does anyone use one of those derma rollers on their scalp and hairline?

Topical Fin doesn't have the side effects that oral does. Want to give it a try for a while as it's also seemingly more effective on the scalp DHT too

I went for the serum, can make your hair a bit sticky when longer but I’m using it before bed so not an issue for me. If you’ve ever used topical minox before it’s going to be the exact same. There’s a really nice smell out of the bottle as well if you ever have to use it before going out for whatever reason.

I assume there is no alcohol in the serum ? All that alcohol in the spray is going to dry skin and age your face… potentially/allegedly

yeah the spray has alcohol in it, which does seem like a big red flag to me, also don't sprays generally end up leaving about 5% unused at the bottom of the bottle when the volume is low?

I got the following response from Hims when I asked them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Folks

Quick question. Looking to get a prescription for finasteride and I did an online consultation. The script they gave me was for 1mg tabs. Previously I got 5mg and chopped them up. It's working out a lot more expensive for the 1mg. I asked the online doctor if they'd change it to 5mg and they refused. Anyone else run into this problem? Or does everyone take the 1mg tabs already?

I'm guessing I could ask my GP to prescribe 5mg if all else fails.

Nah, the 5mg is what you want (split into 4 and take a quarter 3 times a week). The 1mg is a money making scheme.

These guys do the 5mg Proscar tab prescription: https://www.careoncall.ie/hair-loss

(free if you are with Laya but I'm sure anyone can use the service)

You can also use webdoctor.ie I think they charge around €30 for the prescription. Re the difference between 5mg and 1mg is that the 5mg isn't designed to be quartered and you don't know how the active ingredient finasteride is distributed. In saying that, I did start on 5mg quartered but have since moved to 1mg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,683 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Started the new hair regime tonight.

Derma needled the scalp and hairline.

Waited an hour.

4 sprays of topical fin and minox from hims .co.uk.

Biotin tablet in the morning.

I was going to derma needle every day but I seen a few videos online saying only to do it once or twice a week to allow the scalp time to recover.

I’ll keep people informed of how things are going over the next while.

Advertisement