Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Go to the hoegh shipping site. If its on one of their vessels, it can be tracked. You input your vin in the consignment field

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

No luck! It must be on another ship.. thanks for the info anyway 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

Most likely on Morning Champion due to arrive Zeebrugge January 2nd. Now that you have a VIN try to relax...you just have to await notification from Tesla and offer of delivery slot...this usually happens about 10 days before delivery and reaching out to them in the interim will not hurry things up. Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Is there a particular significance to getting the VIN, other than having more confidence on a delivery date. For example, can you add the VIN to your Tesla profile and remotely activate services in the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

The VIN allocation just means that a specific completed car has been matched to your order. These are not normally notified by Tesla until cars are well on their way from Shnaghai and is the first tangible sign that a specific car is on the way to you. Put another way without a VIN allocation it is less certain that a car has yet been matched to your order...so its a big deal!

The next step is that Tesla will reach out and offer a delivery date and time but that usually wont happen until about 1-2 weeks before delivery. You cant access any services on your car until you take delivery (its done on the day). Any other questions feel free to ask (for all others awaiting delivery also). Contacting Tesla for a specific delivery date is unlikely to get you anywhere other than confirm your "estimated delivery range of dates". So patience is required...thast just how it works!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, you can’t add it to the app, But yes, it signifies you have been allocated a car, delivery date and confirmation it in on route.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

As mentioned already, you cannot do anything with car until your account is activated.

However I think you can now join the Private Facebook group if you so wish.

Yes. You can also join it with an order number for anyone that wants to.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

Are all RHD Teslas made in the Shanghai factory or are some made in Berlin?

Tesla have told me any orders from now are likely March delivery dates, but that’s due to demand, I reckon there’s another 4-6 weeks to add on to that due to ships not using the Suez Canal if they are on ships from china.

bloody annoying, when I ordered my MG deliveries were slipping because of parts shortages from Ukraine and Russia (steel and wiring looms apparently) now the Red Sea situation is impacting shipping from china.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Brian_dub_

That’s a pain. So all LHD for Europe are Berlin made? Makes sense I suppose, took the factory for one market. Just a pity this situation is leading to longer delivery times

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Only Model Y LHD currently built in Berlin. The current vessel on the water with RHD Tesla’s has been delayed due to going South but only by 2 days compared to original ETA.

Going around Africa in reality will add 10-14 days vs going through Suez.

It’s not really. If you order now, you have one by march.

Try VW and see how long it takes from factory to the door.

BYD the same. Ordered in October, delivery in January.

2-3 months wouldn’t be that long I would have thought, unless you take something in stock already.

There’s also the chance that people will cancel their orders and there will be a few from the current delivery available to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Anyone else here getting finance from Tesla Finance Ireland? I’ve completed everything with Finance Ireland and it says in their website they’ll work with Tesla now and contact me when contracts are ready to be signed. But, I got a text from Tesla to ‘prepare for your model 3 delivery by providing payment details’. I assume this is just an auto generated text.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FTBnewb

Got a call from Tesla this morning to let me know they’re planning “something big” for the first batch of M3H deliveries and they’d like to involve me as I ordered in September. Said delivery will be in the next few weeks, so it looks like the 18Jan-2Feb window is quite accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭traco

Get copies of recent bills, ID's, payslips etc all in a folder ready to go. We were asked for proof of address very late in the day as in 16:00 and scheduled to collect at 10:00 the next morning. I was on a train and herself was in meetings. Its all very last minute but if you have all that in pdf and accessble you can picg it off quickly. Also make sure you send them proof of any bank transfers etc and double check the numbers. They had our balance incorrect as had not applied the 250 referral dscount.

Its a bit stressfull but having all that prepared will help a lot and keep a very close eye on emails in the week leading up to dleivery as that will be the means of communication so its easy to loose a day if you miss something late in the afternoon.

I just rang Tesla to see if they could give me a better idea of when I might get my car. They told me my car hasn’t even left the port in China yet. The estimate I got was 2/3rd week in Feb.

I ordered my M3 LR on the first day they became available on October 17th.

The app is giving me an estimated DD of 18th Jan to Feb 2nd.

Mistake 1. You rang Tesla. They know as much as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The deliveries were all late in Q1 last year and the year before. Not sure has much changed to suggest the schedule will magically align to the optimistic wishes of the selling team just yet.

Yes but we never had jan-feb deliveries. Ours was march 2023 and started being sold 14th march 2023 i recall first collection date was then.

they are accurate enough when they say those those dates

• Advertisement

Sounds interesting, maybe "something big" will be a 90% battery charge..... lol. Joking aside, hopefully it's something decent.

The Morning Champion docked in Zeebrugge this morning, and it was suggested by JOL1 that it might be carrying the Irish Model 3's

Difference this year is earlier quoted (Jan/feb) deliveries and the fact that boats are in the water since December.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Fingers crossed for everybody - not a nice feeling for your big purchase to be delayed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Anyone order beginning of nov get a vin yet?

I just received an email and text saying my car is assigned, pay off balance etc.

They mentioned the below,

"We anticipate the first deliveries for the upgraded Model 3 to commence around mid-February"

My account still states 18th Jan - 2nd Feb delivery.

Just to manage people expectations!

I’m the same, I got an email today to sign the form for the SEAI grant today and I did that. I asked when would I get the car and the reply was mid Feb too. I have the vin and the app says 18th Jan - 2nd Feb.

I don’t understand why they haven’t updated the app to match what we’re being told directly from Tesla.

right hand knows nothing from left hand.

to everyone, be patient, expect it later than you thought. but it shouldnt be more than 2 weeks after your expected date. there will be periods of intense activity (sign, seai, finance), and other periods of tumbleweed.

relax, if they are asking these info, the cars are on the way.

Also - plug from me - anyone selling a m3 please get in touch with me, cash to go to get one and can wait until your delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Interesting. I got the SEAI email back in November and signed it then. But I haven't heard anything else since. I ordered the M3 on the day that the refresh was announced in Ireland, I ordered long range with white interior (in case it makes a difference). The app says "18th Jan - 2nd Feb" just like everyone else.

It’s strange how different the process seems to be for everyone. I ordered on the same day as you and my car is the same as you bar the white interior. I have the same estimated DD too.

• Advertisement

to all

go back pages and look at the batch of deliveries in jan/feb 2023 to have an idea how it all unfolded

Advertisement