Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best brand of creep feeder

Options
  • 22-07-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

I usually creep calves in August under electric wire on aftergrass, after grass won’t happen in August this year as taken up with silage ... anyone see any good value or can recommend a good brand in Connaught preferably

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Who2

Plenty of good home made ones, just make sure it’s easy moved either with quick hitch for loader or somewhere for forks to go in. Also that it has plenty of storage and bird flaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭sonnybill

Who2 wrote: »
    Plenty of good home made ones, just make sure it’s easy moved either with quick hitch for loader or somewhere for forks to go in. Also that it has plenty of storage and bird flaps.

I see what you are saying but only 3 point linkage to move It here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

sonnybill wrote: »
    I see what you are saying but only 3 point linkage to move It here

If home made & not for road, you can make a v shape to go on links with hooks which would save getting off the tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

I usually creep calves in August under electric wire on aftergrass, after grass won’t happen in August this year as taken up with silage ... anyone see any good value or can recommend a good brand in Connaught preferably
    There is a man in ballaghaderren selling them home made for €750 inch and a half box and galvanized. The best quality I have seen is made over in Athenry

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

There is a man in ballaghaderren selling them home made for €750 inch and a half box and galvanized. The best quality I have seen is made over in Athenry

Is this him? I have used one of his bale trailers and they are well made.

https://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/new-trailers-nationwide-delivery/15994389

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭cacs

croot wrote: »
    Is this him? I have used one of his bale trailers and they are well made.

https://www.donedeal.ie/trailers-for-sale/new-trailers-nationwide-delivery/15994389
    Yep that’s the guy

I bought the agriweld one from Gort in the end , great job and super strong.

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Watson

F42C5C30-A856-46EA-9745-B4F7176FC21F_zpsgjlvxeoy.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭jfh

looks good, what kinda money if you dont mind me asking as i cannot see a website for those guys

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    looks good, what kinda money if you dont mind me asking as i cannot see a website for those guys

E950 vat included at that and he gave a receipt , agriweld, Gerry 0872868735, 2 brothers , honest man , very well made first and then sent to sperrin to Be dipped , he told me they have made improvements over the years to it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sperrin have a good reputation even down this way.;)

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

E950 vat included at that and he gave a receipt , agriweld, Gerry 0872868735, 2 brothers , honest man , very well made first and then sent to sperrin to Be dipped , he told me they have made improvements over the years to it
    do you know if they deliver? know i could just ring up & ask myself?

do you know if they deliver? know i could just ring up & ask myself?

They do deliver , ring Gerry, really sound and well made, five of them round here

They do deliver , ring Gerry, really sound and well made, five of them round here

I did, he's currently out of stock!

I did, he's currently out of stock!

Sorry he makes to order and gets them dipped, he quoted me 10 days but had it in a week, he met me more than halfway then with it as soon as it was back from dipping

I bought another AGRIweld ltd 6.5ft feeder , some job !! Bullet proof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭limo_100

Best of look with the new purchase. So you have a link as I was thinking of getting an extra one next year was leaning towards a Watson?

also do you mind saying how much and where you picked it up? No issues if you want to keep that private

That’s the man, 1300 plus vat delivered but it’s heavy grade stuff and bull/ big cows around other one for 5 years and as good as new

• Advertisement
Advertisement