Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to plan a Di2 build?

Options
  • 30-12-2023 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭

For a potential project, I am wondering if there are any guides out there to what is needed for a Di2 build (beyond the Shimano website)?

Obviously I need shifters and brakes, crankset, front and rear derailleur, bb, rotors, chain, cassette and all of the normal parts.

But beyond that I am struggling to put together what I need and what it costs (estimates below are just the first result on Google). From what I can read you would need:

• Di2 battery BT-DN 110 (110€ ish)
    • Di2 USB charger (75€)
    • Junction box A for bar-end EW-RS-910 (50€)
    • Internal junction box B SM JC-41 (20€)
    • Wireless unit EW WU 111 + cable (50€)
    • Five more cables of varying lengths EW SD 50 (24€ each)
    • Cable junction EW JC 130 (45€)

So cost looks like it could come to 450€+ just for all of these extras.

I am a bit confused with junction boxes and cables etc. My specific questions are whether these are the correct junction boxes or if I need anything else? And do I need a mount for the battery to go into the frame?

Comments

Advertisement