Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pepsi Where’s my Jet was very enjoyable.

I have watched one episode so far of Keep Sweet Prey and Obey. It’s a change of pace from the Pepsi one that’s for sure!!!

Any feedback on Bad Surgeon or Conversation with a Killer John Wayne Gavy tapes (I watched the other doc on him)?

im prob going to watch Hell Camp and The Girl in the Picture too. Possibly Curry and Cyanide The Jolly Jospeh Case too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watch Bad Surgeon, the story itself will sicken you. Keep Sweet Pray and Obey is very good, as is The John Wayne Gacy tapes . I watched Hell Camp yesterday.

Edited, damn autocorrect 🤣

Post edited by Mam of 4 on

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Watched 'Maxine' didn't know what it was about but gave it a go cause love true crime.

Maxine was Ian Huntelys partner. 3 episodes drama based obviously on the murders of Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman. Good enough watch if u don't know the full details. Was 12 at the time, still remember it.... so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

We thought it was very good, 2 main characters seemed spot on compared to real life interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watching Black and Blue tonight, a ‘Smoking Kills’ caption appeared every time it showed someone smoking. We going to get this in every movie in the future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well after my atrocious choices, I let me husband pick the next choice on Nexflix.

Watched two episode of WWW 2, astonishing that it's real footage just updated.

Heartbreaking stuff, upsetting me thinking of what's going on in Ukraine and Gaza today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Awful tense at times. The police seem awful slow to react to things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I really enjoyed the Robert Pattinson Batman as well. It obviously has a different tone and pace than Nolan's trilogy. But I loved the dark atmosphere and the dread of the background music. And the story was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

watched this over last few days. Had potential but was absurd in places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

finished it tonight and I found myself questioning/talking to the tv for answers why the Amsterdam police make certain decisions for what’s going on and who has just done this or that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Nyad is well worth a watch, a fantastic performance from Jodie Foster.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was looking at upcoming shows and they got my hopes up. Saw Kingdom 3 due out on the 10th but then turned out to be the third in a movie series called Kingdom rather than season 3 the Korean zombie series. 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Yeah, the opening scenes introducing both The Riddler and Batman were as good as some supposed horror films.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Feels like a movie made for TV, but was a decent story. I liked it.

Looks amazing, but utterly forgettable. It copies so many movies I don't think theres an original idea in it. There's one character with one of the worst Irish accents I've ever heard mumbled. Sub par for me. Great visuals though.

Interceptor, just bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Exactly. I found the following references but there are many more, Star Wars (obviously), Star Trek, Avatar, Harry Potter, Raised by Wolves, The Orville with what felt like the exact same scenes recreated.

Also, I can't figure out why the need for the Aussie and Northern Ireland accents. Was it to create a sense of foreign/exotic but it fell flat for me anyway.

2 hours introducing characters and I can barely remember them or what their motivation is/was. The visuals were weird for me, felt like some scenes were filmed through a type of fisheye lens like there was some distortion to the aspect ratio outside of the main focus point (particularly when the robot was chatting with Kora).

In saying that, I'll watch the second one just to wrap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched episode one of the new Harlan Coben show...fool me once.

Not hooking me in, I love a bit of trash but not really working for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Dutch Crime series / cop show called the Golden hour.

I'm 3 and a half episodes in and its v good so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I started it last night and finished it today, I enjoyed it , an easy watch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Just finished Half Bad - the bastard son and the devil himself. Really enjoyed it. One of those series tucked away as I only spotted it last week - totally unaware of it all last year.

Anyway, it’s well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it and are into the supernatural fantasy genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Finished today and didn’t think it was great

i think Michelle Keegan ruined it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really liked it too shame it was cancelled. I don't think the name changes helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,974 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Watched the latest Chapelle special last night.

I'm a huge fan of his but this one was very disappointing, no substance to it and nowhere near his previous efforts. Still, there were a few laughs to be had which is more than can be said for Ricky Gervais latest, what an utter slog that was to get through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Society of the Snow is out today, JA Bayona's take on the infamous Uruguayan / Andes plane crash that was previously dramatised in 'Alive'.

I generally liked this one - it's a much more authentic, gruelling take on the story than the more Hollywood-ified Alive was. It has several pretty raw, difficult setpieces, and it does not tone down the extreme conditions and moral quandaries the survivors had to endure.

It unquestionably has its issues, including an odd decision or two regarding the film's POV. Bayona does not do subtlety. But I liked it a lot more than Bayona's previous take on a real-life catastrophe (The Impossible) and overall it is a tight, brutal survival thriller that does right by the people involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭garra

Shout out for Bitconned, the story behind one of the many crypto scams. The story is new yet also ancient, the technology aspect is not overly examined (it didn't need to be). Central character Ray Trapani is absolutely fascinating, you just gasp every time he offers up another window into his world view. Makes you genuinely wonder how people are so gullible to fall for the scams, considering how little effort the scammers put in. Very watchable stuff and I can only imagine the 6.6 imdb rating is a result of downvoting by those still holding out for crypto cash.

Thought the chapelle / Gervais specials were only OK comedy wise, yet important in their content to ensure comedy is not curtailed to certain approved topics only. These are the only comedians big enough to be uncancellable, which is a great shame as fresher talent would have a field day with trans topic in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Bad Surgeon is worth a watch. Solid 7/10

The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist was very good . Definitely worth a watch 8/10

Some incredibly naive people in both …….

Hell Camp was only middling 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭jj880

I laughed out loud at how they got the photo of their CEO. 😆

Google images: old white guy

Yeah worth a watch for sure.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Gyeongsong Creature

Binged the first 7 eps over xmas, thought it was good - WW2, Evil Japanese Nazis, Monsters etc., great stuff. Final 3 eps dropped today and binged them, thought it was good as well, to a point...

And then the last 10 mins...what a load of bollocks. How to ruin a decent show with 10+ hrs behind it, trying to set up a second series!

Advertisement